This project was submitted by one of our readers, just like you.
Honey Peaks Throw
We are adding the pattern to your Crochet Patterns.
The pattern was added to your Crochet Patterns.
"Honey Peaks throw is the perfect blanket for those cold winter days, when all you need is a cup of tea with some honey, book or a crochet project and a great view of snowy mountains out of your window. This throw is worked up quick thanks to the bulky yarn while it is far from ordinary thanks to the combination of Tunisian crochet stitches. Skills required Chain, Tunisian crochet technique (alternating forward and backward passes), Tunisian simple stitch (tss), Tunisian purl stitch (tps), Tunisian honeycomb stitch (ths), Tunisian knit stitch (tks), end row changing colours, binding off in Tunisian crochet, blocking "
Number of loops on hook equals number of sts for row counting.
The throw is worked flat with RS always facing; the pattern consists of two alternating sections: 12 rows of honeycomb section worked in Mustard Yellow and 12 rows of peaks section worked in Misty Grey. The two sections are separated by 1 row of Tunisian simple stitch worked in the colour of the consecutive stitch section.
Crochet HookK/10.5 or 6.5 mm hook
Yarn Weight(5) Bulky/Chunky (12-15 stitches for 4 inches)
Crochet GaugeBlocked Gauge: 13 sts x 11 rows= 10 x 10 cm (4 x 4 in) over stitch pattern
Finished SizeThe final throw measurements (blocked): 132 cm x 153 cm (approx. 52 x 60 in)
- Paintbox Yarns Simply Chunky (100% Acrylic | bulky | 100 g (3.5 oz) = 136 m (149 yds), Mustard Yellow (A) #323 10 skeins, Misty Gray (B) #303 8 skeins
- Tunisian crochet hook size 7 mm with cable (at least 100 cm (40 in)) or size to obtain the gauge
- Tapestry needle
Read NextLazy Girl Crochet Blanket Pattern
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Your Recently Viewed Projects
- 11 Crochet Baby Cocoon Patterns
- 11 Granny Square Crochet Patterns for Square Crochet Project
- 7 Free Crochet Prayer Shawls
- 8 Different Crochet Stitches Volume I eBook
- Crochet Scarf Designs: Cute Crochet Scarf Patterns for all Seasons
- DIY Home Decor: 19 Free Crochet Kitchen and Dining Patterns
- Free Crochet Tips and Tricks: Organization Ideas, How to Crochet On the Go, and more
- How to Crochet Edges & Make Crochet Borders on Patterns
- Make a Crochet Cowl: 10 Crochet Cowl Patterns
- Scrap Yarn Crochet Patterns: 11 Free Stash Busters