Easy Sew Mug Rug With Crochet Border
We are adding the pattern to your Crochet Patterns.
The pattern was added to your Crochet Patterns.
"Mug rugs are practical and add a handmade touch to your home. Mug rugs make great last-minute gifts for holidays, birthdays, housewarmings, or for anytime for your favorite hot-beverage lover. This tutorial is divided into 3 parts: how to sew an easy mug rug, how to crochet onto fabric, and how to crochet a lovely shell stitch border. Finished Size 6” (15 cm) before adding crochet border; approximately 7.5” (19 cm) square after adding crochet border. Tools Sewing machine. 45 mm Rotary Cutter, Acrylic Ruler, and Cutting Mat OR fabric scissors and marking pen. Pins. US Size G-6/4 mm crochet hook, or size appropriate for your yarn. Embroidery needle with large eye. June Tailor Skip-Cut Rotary Cutter Blade for Wide Spaced Cuts Basic sewing supplies (seam ripper, thread snips, etc.). Materials 100% cotton fabric. NOTE: A half 1/2 yard or fat quarter cut will make several mug hugs. 100% cotton or cotton blend quilt batting. 100% cotton thread in a color that coordinates or contrasts with fabric for sewing machine. King Cole Cottonsoft DK yarn (100% cotton, 3.5 oz/100 g, 229 yd/210 m) – 1 skein in 3459 Magenta, or approximately 20 yd (18.5 m) in any light weight cotton yarn. NOTE: Each skein makes 10-12 mug rug borders."
Crochet HookG/6 or 4 mm hook
Yarn Weight(3) Light/DK (21-24 stitches to 4 inches)
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Pattern of the Day
The Cutest Chevron Stroller Blankie has got to be one of the best crochet baby blanket patterns you can find. It's the perfect size… Continue reading: "The Cutest Chevron Stroller Blankievideocam"
- 11 Crochet Baby Cocoon Patterns
- 11 Granny Square Crochet Patterns for Square Crochet Project
- 7 Free Crochet Prayer Shawls
- 8 Different Crochet Stitches Volume I eBook
- Crochet Scarf Designs: Cute Crochet Scarf Patterns for all Seasons
- DIY Home Decor: 19 Free Crochet Kitchen and Dining Patterns
- Free Crochet Tips and Tricks: Organization Ideas, How to Crochet On the Go, and more
- How to Crochet Edges & Make Crochet Borders on Patterns
- Make a Crochet Cowl: 10 Crochet Cowl Patterns
- Scrap Yarn Crochet Patterns: 11 Free Stash Busters