Thanks for signing up!
How to Crochet a Popcorn Stitch + Popcorn Stitch Patterns
By: M.E. HARRINGTON
We are adding the pattern to your Crochet Patterns.
The pattern was added to your Crochet Patterns.
Making a popcorn stitch is quite easy if you have the proper directions on how to do so. All you do is make a cluster of double crochet stitches in the same stitch. This great tutorial will show you how to crochet a popcorn stitch and we've also provided some fabulous popcorn stitch patterns, as well.
Chain a foundation chain which can be divided by 3. Single crochet in the 2nd stitch from the hook and in each stitch of the chain.
Chain 1 and turn, single crochet in the next 2 stitches. * In the next stitch, make 5 double crochet, keeping the last loop of each stitch on the hook.
Slip stitch into all the 6 loops on the hook.
Single crochet in the next 3 stitches.
Repeat step 2, 3, and 4 across the row, beginning at * in step 2.
Chain 1 and turn, single crochet in each stitch across the row. ( In the popcorn stitch, single crochet in the center stitch.)
(Single crochet in the center stitch of the back side of the popcorn stitch.)
Repeat the sequence of steps 2, 3, 4, 5, for the number of rows required to complete your project.
(2 rows of popcorn stitch completed) (3 rows of popcorn stitch completed.)
Now that you know how to crochet a popcorn stitch, here are some popcorn stitch patterns:
- Bumpy Popcorn Scarf
- Candy Stripes Hooded Cowl
- Floral Motif Afghan
- Popcorn Flower Granny Square
Toddler Spring Floral Dress
Images from other crafters
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Love these projects? Get MORE delivered to your Inbox – FREE Click Here!
- How to Crochet the Magic Circle + 11 Magical Patterns
- How to Crochet the Tunisian Stitch + 8 Easy Patterns
- Button Tutorial
- How to Crochet Borders and Edging
- How to Crochet the Crocodile Stitch: Crocodile Stitch Patterns
- How to Finish a Crochet Pattern: Weaving in Ends
- 13 Basic Crochet Stitches
- Crochet Stitches: How to Filet Crochet
- Star Stitch Crochet Tutorial
- How to Start a Skein of Yarn
- 16 Easy Summer Crochet Patterns
- 22 Popular Free Crochet Patterns
- 25 Quick and Thrifty Free Crochet Patterns
- 8 Different Crochet Stitches: Learn To Crochet Something New With Free Crochet Patterns
- 9 Free 4th of July Crochet Patterns
- DIY Accessories to Crochet: DIY Jewelry And Crochet Belts
- DIY Home Decor: 19 Free Crochet Kitchen and Dining Patterns
- How to Crochet Edges & Make Crochet Borders on Patterns
- How to Crochet, Volume 1: Free Beginner Crochet Patterns
- How to Make Crochet Bags: 11 Fantastic DIY Bags
Our Newest Patterns & Articles
- No-Calorie Ice Cream Cone
- Hippie Holidays Vest
- Victorian Christmas Placemat
- Olaf the Snowman Crochet Pattern
- Victorian Christmas Coaster
- Frankenstein Child Headband
- Magical Tooth Fairy Pillow
- Poinsettia Christmas Coasters
- Christmas Crochet Angel
- Season of Giving Headband