18 Butterfly Crochet Patterns for Spring
By: The Editors at AllFreeCrochet
We are adding the pattern to your Crochet Patterns.
The pattern was added to your Crochet Patterns.
I can already smell the spring season quickly approaching. Although we've had our fair share of winter snow storms, I know spring is just around the corner and the grass will soon be a bright shade of green surrounded by beautiful flowers and an array of butterflies. When I think of flying butterflies I also think of butterfly crochet patterns. There are so many cute crochet butterfly patterns out there and I want to make them all. I've noticed butterfly crochet patterns are very popular at the moment, so I'm guessing we're all starting to get spring fever. I guess we can only take so much of the cold weather and drab surroundings.
I have a special place in my heart for butterflies. When I was younger I used to catch them and just look at how pretty they were. Of course I let them fly free, but when I ran across butterfly crochet patterns I knew I'd have to make some. Crochet butterflies are just as pretty as the real thing. You can choose bright, bold colors and mix and match the yarns you use. These are great spring amigurumi patterns to work on. I have made a collection of my favorites to share with you!
Butterfly Crochet Patterns Table of Contents
When you're done with butterflies, work up a garden for them by downloading our free eBook, Pretty Flowers to Crochet: Brightly Colord Crochet Flowers.
What can be better than decorating your home full of crochet butterfly patterns for the spring season? Brighten your home with a beautiful, delicate creature in many ways. Turn your kitchen into a spring like field of butterflies with dishcloths, placemats and doilies. Then take it up a notch and make an afghan or bag for your summer trips. Butterfly crochet patterns are great for the home!
- Butterfly Bag - Embellish a summer tote with crochet butterflies.
- Butterfly Night Table Doily - Entertain your guests in style.
- Butterfly Placemats - Set the table with these crochet butterflies.
- Crochet Butterfly Throw - Crochet for baby or make one in a bigger size for yourself.
- Flutter By Butterfly Dishcloth- This is one of my favorite crochet butterfly patterns!
- Butterfly Stitch Potholder - The butterfly stitch is used to work up this crochet potholder pattern.
Now, you can't get too carried away when wearing patterned outfits, but during the spring and summer you can wear some fun designs once in a while. These butterfly crochet patterns are really pretty when you choose the right color for them.
- Butterfly Prayer Shawl - Look elegant in this shawl or make it for a dear friend.
- Butterfly Summer Tank Top - A lightweight tank that's perfect for the summer.
- Butterfly Bobby Pins - This is a super easy accessory to make for girls of all ages.
- Suzie's Butterfly Garden Cap - Wear this hat while working outside in your garden this spring.
- Boutique Butterfly Wrap - A stylish pattern for any season.
Amigurumi patterns have grown in the last couple of years and have become so incredibly popular. I know that I fell in love with them the second I saw them. When you crochet your butterflies you can either make them flat or you can fill them turning them into amigurumi patterns. If you choose to do that you can make some adorable little gifts, but if you leave them flat you can make barrettes or hair pieces. I also like these butterfly crochet patterns for gift toppers and embellishments.
- Flutterby Free Crochet Pattern - Embellish a hat or bag with this butterfly crochet pattern.
- Free Spring Butterflies Crochet Pattern - This is an easy butterfly you can turn into a hair clip.
- The Blue Butterfly - Decorate a child's room with brightly colored butterflies like this.
- Carefree Butterfly Motif - This is such a fun amigurumi pattern.
- Very Easy Crochet Butterfly - Single crochet stitches work up this butterfly in no time.
- Ruby Red Butterfly - This is a wonderful crochet embellishment for practically any pattern.
- Quick Crochet Butterfly - Work up a few of these crochet butterflies in just a few hours!
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Images from other crochet readers
Love these projects? Get MORE delivered to your Inbox – FREE Click Here!
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
- Retro Summer Dress
- Quick and Easy Snowflake
- Summer Crochet Patterns: 16 Easy Summer Crochet Patterns
- Pretty Summer Skirt
- 100 Free Crochet Patterns for Winter: Free Crochet Hat Patterns, Scarves, Blankets and More!
- 18 Butterfly Crochet Patterns for Spring
- Light Crochet Cardigan
- Quick and Easy Crochet Butterflies
- Free Crochet Patterns for Every Season: 17 DIY Accessories + Crochet Clothing Patterns
- 10 Minute Baby Sandals
- 11 Crochet Baby Cocoon Patterns
- 16 Crochet Shawl Patterns: DIY Clothing You'll Love
- 8 Different Crochet Stitches: Learn To Crochet Something New With Free Crochet Patterns
- How to Crochet a Blanket for Infants & Toddlers: 11 Crochet Afghan Patterns
- How to Crochet Edges & Make Crochet Borders on Patterns
- How to Make Crochet Bags: 11 Fantastic DIY Bags
- Man Crafts: 10 Free Patterns to Crochet for Men
- Never Ending Granny Afghans: 8 Crochet Patterns with Diagrams & Video Tutorials
- Pretty Flowers to Crochet: Brightly Colored Crochet Flower Patterns
- Summer Crochet Patterns: 16 Easy Summer Crochet Patterns
Our Newest Patterns & Articles
- How to Crochet the Larksfoot Stitch Tutorial
- Laid Back Blue Crochet Blanket
- "Thing 1" and "Thing 2" Inspired Crochet Hats
- Puff Stitch Crochet Beanie
- Snowflake Crochet Cloche Hat
- Duckling Crochet Baby Booties
- 1920 Caramel Crochet Cloche Hat
- Cute Crochet Amigurumi Crab
- 33 Crochet Patterns Inspired by Autumn Leaves
- Comfy Heritage Quilt Crochet Blanket