14 Free Crochet Hat Patterns: Crochet Beanie Hats, Crochet Cap Patterns, and More
How to Crochet Borders and Edging
By: The Editors at allfreecrochet.com
We are adding the pattern to your Crochet Patterns.
The pattern was added to your Crochet Patterns.
Do you ever find yourself with a finished project, but it just doesn't look complete? You stare at it and can't figure out what needs to be done with it until a lightbulb goes off. Maybe you need to add crochet edging to complete your pattern. Voila!
Simple crochet edging can be added to just about any project out there; it makes your design look complete and a bit more sophisticated. If you're unsure of how to crochet borders then you're in luck because we have some great crochet edging patterns for you to follow.
Plus, scroll down for a video tutorial on how to crochet the Bobble, Popcorn and Cluster Stitch. Many of these stitches can easily be incorporated into your crochet edging!
How to Crochet Borders and Edging Contents:
How to Crochet Borders: Crochet Edging Patterns
How to Crochet Borders: Crochet Afghan Edging
How to Crochet Borders: Decor
Before you tackle some of these edging crochet patterns, make sure you've got the stitches down with our free eBook, 8 Different Crochet Stitches: Learn to Crochet Something New.
Adding crochet edging can be done with different crochet designs. There are so many different looks and textures to choose from; it all depends on what you want the outcome of your project to look like. From classic designs like a granny stripe edging or a delicate scalloped one to more intricate crochet edgings like a zig zag edging, lace edging or even bobble edging, you'll find so many options. No matter which design you pick, your finished crochet projects will never look boring!
- Arc Lace Edging - This crochet edging has a vintage vibe to it and will look dainty on anything.
- Bobble Edging - Bobble edging almost looks like the popcorn stitch and adds great texture.
- Granny Stripe Edging - The crochet instructions provided for this tutorial are easy to follow.
- Lattice Ruffle Edging - Complete your fancy designs with this perfect edge.
- Pineapple Swirl Edging - This crochet edging is a beautiful design to add to your elegant projects.
- Zig Zag Edging - Crochet thread is used for this fun edge, but you can also use thicker yarns.
- Classic Granny Blanket Edging - Complete your design with this classic three-row pattern.
- Polka Dot Crochet Edging - This fun edging resembles little polka dots throughout your work!
- Shells and Borders Crochet Stitch Pattern - Add a touch of lace elegance to your crochet designs with this edging.
- Scalloped Edging - Add a classic scalloped edging with this tutorial.
- Triangle Crochet Edging - This spiky edging is quick and simple to make.
- Pumpkin Patch Edging - This edging resembles the sun's rays and adds a great twist to your work.
- How to Crochet a Crossed Double Border - You can add this border to any type of project, even if it was knitted or made with fabric! - NEW!
- Easiest Ever Crocheted Edging - Perfect for beginners, this edging is simple and gets right down to business. - NEW!
BONUS: How to Keep Your Crochet Edging Straight - These basic crochet tips will help you tackle all these great patterns with professional precision.
Crochet borders for blankets can really set your design apart from others. Display your beautiful artwork for all to see. Sometimes the best part about adding a border is in the crochet colors that you choose. If the blanket is a plain, neutral color, add a pop of color for the border and really make it stand out. Adding a crochet border is another way to extend the size of your afghan by just a bit and to give it that final something.
- Monster Fleece Lovey Blankets - Kids adore these, they're easy to make, and the crochet border adds just the right touch.
- Ribbons and Lace Afghan - The built-in borders and crochet afghan edging in this design make it a unique one.
- Fresh Flowers Blanket - The contrasting color brings out the embellishment and completes the look of the blanket.
- Ruffle Edged Crochet Baby Blanket - The ruffle fabric pattern gives this blanket a dramatic pop of texture.
- Surprisingly Simple Christmas Afghan - Give your blankets some flair with fun pom-pom edging! - NEW!
- Quick and Easy Crocheted Blanket Edging Patterns - Pain-free options that will round out your best afghan. - NEW!
Sometimes a tiny bit of flair added to your home can really make your home cozy and warm. Adding crochet borders is a great way to do that, especially for those frilly projects for young girls. Crochet borders are a great way to add that finishing touch to any items you want to display in your home.
- Lace Napkin Edging - Next time you have a dinner party, be sure you bring out your fancy napkins and show everyone what you know!
- Pillow Edging - Give your couches and beds something to talk about with these dainty pillows.
- Crochet Room Wall Decor - This design is one of my favorites! Any little girl would love to have this hanging on her bedroom wall.
- Time for Tea Towels Crochet Edging - Add a delicate lace pattern to your towels for a more elegant look in your kitchen. - NEW!
If you don't feel like that was enough, don't worry! We have even more crochet borders and edging designs in our free downloadable eBook: How to Crochet Edges & Make Crochet Borders on Patterns.
What crochet projects are you planning to add edging to?
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Images from other crochet readers
- 31 Basic Crochet Stitches
- How to Crochet the Magic Circle + 13 Magical Patterns
- How to Crochet Borders and Edging
- How to Crochet, Volume 1: Free Beginner Crochet Patterns
- How to Read Crochet Patterns
- How to Crochet the Tunisian Stitch + 26 Easy Patterns
- How to Crochet the Crocodile Stitch: Crocodile Stitch Patterns
- Guide to Free Crochet Patterns
- Pretty Pebble Stitch
- Choosing the Best Crochet Hook Sizes
- 13 Free Baby Crochet Patterns: Crochet Baby Hats, Crochet Booties & More
- 16 Crochet Shawl Patterns: DIY Clothing You'll Love
- 22 Popular Free Crochet Patterns
- 25 Quick and Thrifty Free Crochet Patterns
- Guide To Free Crochet Patterns
- How to Crochet a Blanket for Infants & Toddlers: 11 Crochet Afghan Patterns
- How to Crochet, Volume 1: Free Beginner Crochet Patterns
- How to Make Crochet Bags: 11 Fantastic DIY Bags
- Pretty Flowers to Crochet: Brightly Colored Crochet Flower Patterns
- 11 Crochet Baby Cocoon Patterns
Our Newest Patterns & Articles
- Red Heart Fashion Soft Yarn Review
- Aqua Ridge Slouchy Hat
- 34 Crochet Christmas Stockings
- The Best Super Scarf Crochet Patterns
- Zoodiacs Afghan
- Zoodiacs Tiger Afghan Square
- Zoodiacs Bunny Rabbit Afghan Square
- Zoodiacs Dragon Afghan Square
- Zoodiacs Snake Afghan Square
- Zoodiacs Horse Afghan Square