How to Crochet Borders and Edging
By: The Editors at AllFreeCrochet
We are adding the pattern to your Crochet Patterns.
The pattern was added to your Crochet Patterns.
Do you ever find yourself with a finished project, but it just doesn't look complete? You stare at it and can't figure out what needs to be done with it until a lightbulb goes off. Maybe you need to add crochet edging to complete your pattern. Voila!
Simple crochet edging can be added to just about any project out there; it makes your design look complete and a bit more sophisticated. If you're unsure of how to crochet borders then you're in luck because we have some great crochet edging patterns for you to follow.
Plus, scroll down for a video tutorial on how to crochet the Bobble, Popcorn and Cluster Stitch. Many of these stitches can easily be incorporated into your crochet edging!
How to Crochet Borders and Edging Contents:
How to Crochet Borders: Crochet Edging Patterns
How to Crochet Borders: Crochet Afghan Edging
How to Crochet Borders: Decor
Before you tackle some of these edging crochet patterns, make sure you've got the stitches down with our free eBook, 8 Different Crochet Stitches: Learn to Crochet Something New.
Adding crochet edging can be done with different crochet designs. There are so many different looks and textures to choose from, it all depends on what you want the outcome of your project to look like. There is arc lace edging, bobble edging, granny stripe edging and so much more.
- Arc Lace Edging - This crochet edging has a vintage vibe to it and will look dainty on anything.
- Bobble Edging - Bobble edging almost looks like the popcorn stitch and adds great texture.
- Granny Stripe Edging - The crochet instructions provided for this tutorial are easy to follow.
- Lattice Ruffle Eding - Complete your fancy designs with this perfect edge.
- Pineapple Swirl Edging - This crochet edging is a beautiful design to add to your elegant projects.
- Zig Zag Edging - Crochet thread is used for this fun edge, but you can also use thicker yarns.
- NEW! Classic Granny Blanket Edging
- NEW! Polka Dot Crochet Edging
- NEW! Shells and Borders Crochet Stitch Pattern
Crochet borders for blankets can really set your design apart from others. Display your beautiful artwork for all to see. Sometimes the best part about adding a border is in the crochet colors that you choose. If the blanket is a plain, neutral color, add a pop of color for the border and really make it stand out.
- Monster Fleece Lovey Blankets - Kids adore these, they're easy to make, and the crochet border adds just the right touch.
- Ribbons and Lace Afghan - The built in borders and crochet afghan edging in this design make it a unique one.
- Fresh Flowers Blanket - The contrasting color brings out the embellishment and completes the look of the blanket.
- NEW! Ruffle Edged Crochet Baby Blanket
Sometimes a tiny bit of flair added to your home can really make your home cozy and warm. Adding crochet borders is a great way to do that, especially for those frilly projects for young girls.
- Lace Napkin Edging - Next time you have a dinner party, be sure you bring out your fancy napkins and show everyone what you know!
- Pillow Edging - Give your couches and beds something to talk about with these dainty pillows.
- Crochet Room Wall Decor - This design is one of my favorites! Any little girl would love to have this hanging on her bedroom wall.
If you don't feel like that was enough, don't worry! We have even more crochet borders and edging designs in our free downloadable eBook: How to Crochet Edges & Make Crochet Borders on Patterns.
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Images from other crochet readers
Love these projects? Get MORE delivered to your Inbox – FREE Click Here!
- 22 Basic Crochet Stitches
- How to Read Crochet Patterns
- How to Crochet the Magic Circle + 11 Magical Patterns
- How to Crochet the Tunisian Stitch + 8 Easy Patterns
- How to Crochet Borders and Edging
- How to Crochet: Choosing the Best Crochet Hook Sizes
- Guide to Free Crochet Patterns
- How to Crochet the Crocodile Stitch: Crocodile Stitch Patterns
- How to Crochet a Basketweave Stitch
- Crocheting a Picot Stitch
- Make It A Red Heart Holiday
- How To Crochet Granny Squares: 9 Free Crochet Afghan Patterns
- 16 Crochet Shawl Patterns: DIY Clothing You'll Love
- Guide To Free Crochet Patterns
- Hop Into 7 Free Easter Crochet Patterns
- 22 Popular Free Crochet Patterns
- One Skein Patterns: Crochet Made Simple
- 11 Crochet Baby Cocoon Patterns
- Fall Crochet: 16 Free Crochet Patterns
- 8 Adorable Crochet Amigurumi Patterns
- 7 Crochet Lapghan Patterns
- Spring is Here! 10 Free Crochet Flower Patterns and Butterfly Fun
- 11 Free Christmas Crochet Patterns for Your Home
- 9 Free 4th of July Crochet Patterns
- 8 Last Minute Valentine Gifts
- 24 Handmade Craft Ideas from 2010: A Year of Free Crafts
- 14 Easy Crochet Bag Patterns
- 5 Free Christmas Crochet Patterns: Crochet Christmas Wreaths
- 25 Quick and Thrifty Free Crochet Patterns
- Crochet and Knitting Patterns from Red Heart Yarn
- Wrap up with 25 Afghan Patterns from Red Heart Yarn
- Free Crochet Designs: 10 Home Decor Christmas Crochet Patterns
- Have a Red Heart Holiday: 20 Knit & Crochet Gifts and Decorating Ideas
- Winter Wonderland: 17 Winter Patterns to Crochet
- Free Crochet Tips and Tricks: Organization Ideas, How to Crochet On the Go, and more
- Crochet Scarf Designs: Cute Crochet Scarf Patterns for all Seasons
- Never Ending Granny Afghans: 8 Crochet Patterns with Diagrams & Video Tutorials
- 16 Easy Summer Crochet Patterns
- Man Crafts: 10 Free Patterns to Crochet for Men
- The Most Popular Patterns for Afghans: 16 Knit and Crochet Afghan Patterns from Lion Brand
- Crochet in Color: 11 Colorful Crochet Patterns
- 11 Granny Square Crochet Patterns for Square Crochet Project
- 14 Free Crochet Hat Patterns: Crochet Beanie Hats, Crochet Cap Patterns, and More
- Pretty Flowers to Crochet: Brightly Colored Crochet Flower Patterns
- How to Crochet a Blanket for Infants & Toddlers: 11 Crochet Afghan Patterns
- 12 Halloween Crafts to Crochet
- Lion Brand's New Fall Collection: 15 Free Crochet Scarf Patterns, Afghan Patterns, and More
- How to Make Crochet Bags: 11 Fantastic DIY Bags
- Secret Santa Gifts: 13 Gifts To Crochet
- 12 Halloween Crafts to Crochet
- Use Up Leftover Yarn: 12 Free Crochet Patterns for Scrap Yarn, Plus One Skein Wonders
- 8 Different Crochet Stitches: Learn To Crochet Something New With Free Crochet Patterns
- Free Crochet Patterns for Every Season: 17 DIY Accessories + Crochet Clothing Patterns
- DIY Home Decor: 19 Free Crochet Kitchen and Dining Patterns
- How to Crochet Edges & Make Crochet Borders on Patterns
- Summer Crochet Patterns: 16 Easy Summer Crochet Patterns
- Winter Fashion for Toddlers + Baby Crochet Patterns
- How to Crochet, Volume 1: Free Beginner Crochet Patterns
- How to Crochet the Best Free Crochet Patterns of 2013
- DIY Accessories to Crochet: DIY Jewelry And Crochet Belts
- Make a Crochet Cowl: 10 Crochet Cowl Patterns
- Red Heart's Best - 12 Free Baby Crochet Patterns
- 7 Free Crochet Prayer Shawls
- 13 Free Baby Crochet Patterns: Crochet Baby Hats, Crochet Booties & More
Our Newest Patterns & Articles
- Colorado Beanie Hat Top Down
- Peace Sign Shoulder Bag
- Faux Crochet Outdoor Boots
- Fuzzy Top Crochet Beanie
- Gradient Love Crochet Heart
- Scrapbuster Crochet Juggling Balls
- Two-Toned Crochet Bracelet Pattern
- Pacific Sunset Crochet Fingerless Mitts
- One Hour Crochet Bowl Cozy
- Crochet Baby Blanket For Kyle