31 Free Crochet Shrug Patterns
By: Jeanette Benoit, Editor, allfreecrochet.com
We are adding the pattern to your Crochet Patterns.
The pattern was added to your Crochet Patterns.
Crochet shrugs are the perfect little item to wear when there's a chill to the air. This particular short jacket is designed to provide just the right amount of warmth that's needed when it's too hot for a bulky sweater, but too chilly for just a tank top. Make yourself any one of these stylish 31 Crochet Shrug Patterns today and you'll always have just what you need to throw on when the weather is slightly chilly or when the air conditioning is working full blast. These crochet patterns are also simple to work up, so you can usually start and finish in a day or two.
Crochet shrug patterns can be the finishing touch to your ensemble. Just like crochet shawl patterns, there's a surprising variety of styles. Some crochet shrugs have ruffles or other embellishments that make them stand out. These crochet patterns will come in handy when you want to look great without a lot of effort. Check out our list of crochet shrug patterns, in all shapes and sizes!
31 Crochet Shrug Patterns
Table of Contents
If you like crochet fashion, you should download our free eBook: DIY Accessories to Crochet DIY Jewelry and Crochet Belts.
Browse our favorite shrug patterns below and find the one that best suits your personal style. You'll find trendy shrugs as well as some classic and timeless ones and cute and feminine shrugs. Overall, these are adorable crochet patterns to work up on the fly. Pair one of these crochet sweaters with a tank top for an instantaneous work-appropriate outfit, or keep one with you when going out somewhere with overactive air conditioning, like the movie theater.
- Easy V-Stitch Cocoon: Made using the v-stitch, this easy pattern from Lion Brand is quick to crochet and will look great on women of any age.
- Holey Squares: The design of this particular crochet shrug pattern makes this lightweight enough for any summer night.
- Kimono Shrug: Have you always admired the gorgeous designs of Japanese fashion? Make yourself this pattern and you'll feel like you're walking the streets of Tokyo.
- Easy Breezy Summer Shrug: This crochet pattern can be made in any size, so girls of all ages can sport this stylish shrug. Use your favorite color yarn to make this shrug.
- Cranberry Sauce Shrug: You'll fall in love with this shrug pattern, which is perfect for any autumn gathering.
- The Perfect Shrug: The Perfect Shrug is just what you need to throw on over a strapless dress or a tank top.
- Glam Girl Shrug: Timeless, sparkly, and easy to make: this pattern has it all.
- Sunset Shrug: Forget the other crochet shrug patterns, all the beauty of a setting autumn sun is in this one warm shrug!
- Light as a Feather: The lacy appeal of this shrug makes it perfect for any occasion.
- Aida Shrug: This kid's short-sleeve shrug is perfect for the springtime.
- Open Air Shrug: This wide-sleeved shrug is the perfect layer to throw on around the house.
- Half Sleeve No Seam Shrug: This has a luxurious drape to it, and no seams to trip you up while crocheting. - (pictured)
- Arizona Sunset Shrug: These colors are impossible to look away from, and you'll love the fit.
- Sun Goddess Shrug: A chunky lace makes this perfect for all seasons. - NEW!
- Single Skein Crochet Shrug: When you need a quick one-skein project, this crochet sweater is just the thing. - NEW!
- Summertime Shrug: Add a wee bit of warmth to your summertime rotation with this free crochet pattern. - NEW!
Don't forget that shrugs are a great way to maintain your style yet prepare for those locations that always seem to be a little too chilly—the office, a movie theater, or a car ride with someone who likes to blast the air conditioning. Wearing one of these beautiful crochet shrug patterns will be a fashion statement and a way to stay comfortable all at the same time! Plus, these are easy to transition into fall without having to bust out the sweaters and cardigans too early.
- Paradise Shimmer Shrug: Be sure to pack this crochet shrug in your suitcase if you're heading on vacation. This shimmering shrug is perfect for a night on the beach.
- Shoulder Shrug: This classic shrug will take you right from work to dinner. The timeless design of this crochet pattern will always be in style.
- Aphrodite Wrap: Only two skeins of yarn are needed to complete this easy crochet shrug pattern. You'll feel like a goddess wearing this stylish shrug.
- Cozy Cocoon Cardigan: Wrap yourself up in this cardigan if you need a bit of comfort. This shrug will keep you warm and cozy during any season.
- Beatrice Shrug: Bright colors make this shrug perfect for a summer garden party or backyard barbecue.
- Turquoise Spring Shrug: You'll feel lovely wearing this extremely pretty crochet shrug.
- Sun Goddess Shrug: Shine bright in this sunny shrug, which has a unique free crochet pattern.
- Blue Willow: This show-stopping shrug is perfect for evening walks.
- Lacy Love Crochet Shawl: The all-over lace design makes this full-sleeved shrug divine.
- Flirty Pink Shell Shrug: Lacy shell stitches and soft pink fabric make this a sweet design.
- Simple Scarlet Shrug Pattern: This is a classy option to add to any outfit.
- Lacy Picot Shrug: This has a great striped design and is the best combination between sweater, cropped jacket, and shrug. - (pictured)
- Marian's Riding Hood: A hooded crochet shrug? Yes please - sign us up! - NEW!
- Openwork Crochet Shrug: A lacy feel and a ruffley trim make this design a hit. - NEW!
- Ruffled Baby Crochet Shrug: Once you've worked up a shrug pattern for yourself, make one for your little one! - NEW!
What outfits do you like to match up with shrug patterns?
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Images from other crochet readers
Love these projects? Get MORE delivered to your Inbox – FREE Click Here!
- 11 Crochet Baby Cocoon Patterns
- 11 Granny Square Crochet Patterns for Square Crochet Project
- 7 Free Crochet Prayer Shawls
- 8 Different Crochet Stitches: Learn To Crochet Something New With Free Crochet Patterns
- Crochet Scarf Designs: Cute Crochet Scarf Patterns for all Seasons
- DIY Home Decor: 19 Free Crochet Kitchen and Dining Patterns
- Free Crochet Tips and Tricks: Organization Ideas, How to Crochet On the Go, and more
- How to Crochet Edges & Make Crochet Borders on Patterns
- Make a Crochet Cowl: 10 Crochet Cowl Patterns
- Winter Wonderland: 17 Winter Patterns to Crochet
Our Newest Patterns & Articles
- Primavera Flower Tunic
- Basic Crocheted Socks
- Cozy Cowl Poncho
- Choosing the Best Crochet Hook Sizes
- Baby Ripple Afghan
- Celtic Cable Crochet Book Review
- How to Crochet a Flower
- 28 Crochet One Skein Wonders + Bulky Crochet Hats and Scarves
- 16 Crochet Baby Patterns: Baby Hats and Cocoons
- Corner to Corner Crochet Stitch