Easy V-Stitch Cocoon Shrug
By: Lion Brand Yarn
We are adding the pattern to your Crochet Patterns.
The pattern was added to your Crochet Patterns.
Don't look any further for an easy crochet pattern; this Easy V-Stitch Cocoon Shrug is a fabulous pattern you'll want to make right now! It's made using the v-stitch in a Lion Brand Homespun Grape color. The ruffle edging really adds a nice feminine touch to the crochet design. Because it's an open shrug, it fits almost all sizes; it's great for the expectant mom! This free crochet pattern is great to wear any time of the year.
Crochet Hook: P/16 or 16 mm hook
Yarn Weight: (5) Bulky/Chunky (12-15 stitches for 4 inches)
Finished Width About 26 in. (66 cm)
Finished Length About 26 in. (66 cm)
- Homespun Yarn: Grape 2 balls
- Lion Brand Crochet Hook - Size P-15 (10 mm)
- Large-Eye Blunt Needles (Set of 6)
8 dc + 4 1/2 rows = 5 in. (12.5 cm) in V-st pattern. BE SURE TO CHECK YOUR GAUGE. When you match the gauge in a pattern, your project will be the size specified in the pattern and the materials specified in the pattern will be sufficient. If it takes you fewer stitches and rows to make a 4 in. [10 cm] square, try using a smaller size hook or needles; if more stitches and rows, try a larger size hook or needles.
V-st: Work 2 dc in indicated st or sp.
1. Shrug is crocheted in one piece, from neck edge to waist edge. Piece is then folded, and armhole seams are sewn.
2. Ruffle is crocheted directly onto Shrug.
Row 1: 2 dc in 5th ch from hook (V-st made), *sk next ch, V-st in next ch; rep from * across to last 2 ch, sk next ch, dc in last ch - 20 V-sts at the end of this row.
Row 2: Ch 3, turn, dc in sp before first V-st (beg V-st made), *V-st in sp between next 2 V-sts; rep from * across to last V-st, dc in sp between last V-st and turning ch, dc in top of turning ch (end V-st made) - at the end of this row you will have 19 V-sts, plus beg and end V-sts.
Row 3: Ch 3, turn, *V-st in sp between next 2 V-sts across; rep from * across, dc in top of turning ch - 20 V-sts at the end of this row.
Rows 4-23: Rep Rows 2 and 3. Fasten off.
Fold Shrug in half, bringing first row (neck edge) and last row (waist edge) together. Beg in corner where first and last row meet, sew 6 rows together across each short end for armhole seams.
From RS, join yarn with sl st at armhole seam, ready to work across opposite side of foundation ch.
Rnd 1: Ch 3, 2 dc in seam and in each ch of opposite side of foundation ch, 2 dc in next armhole seam and in next 6 dc of last row of Shrug, *2 tr in next st, 3 tr in next st; rep from * across to last 6 dc of last row, 2 dc in remaining 6 dc; join with sl st in top of beg ch.
Rnd 2: Ch 3, 2 dc in each dc to first tr, 2 dc in next 6 tr, 2 tr in each tr to last 6 tr, 2 dc in last 6 tr, 2 dc in each dc to end, dc in st at base of beg ch-3; join with sl st in top of beg ch. Fasten off.
From RS, join yarn with sl st in armhole edge near seam.
Rnd 1: Work 2 sc in end of each row around, sk over seam; join with sl st in first sc.
Rnd 2: Ch 1, sk first sc, sc in each sc around; join with sl st in first sc.
Rnd 3: Rep Rnd 2.
Weave in ends.
Check out Lion Brand Yarn's company profile and other great patterns!
You can also find this crochet design in Christmas Gifts for Her: Crochet Gifts for Mom.
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Images from other crochet readers
Love these projects? Get MORE delivered to your Inbox – FREE Click Here!
- Make It A Red Heart Holiday
- How To Crochet Granny Squares: 9 Free Crochet Afghan Patterns
- 16 Crochet Shawl Patterns: DIY Clothing You'll Love
- Guide To Free Crochet Patterns
- Hop Into 7 Free Easter Crochet Patterns
- 22 Popular Free Crochet Patterns
- One Skein Patterns: Crochet Made Simple
- 11 Crochet Baby Cocoon Patterns
- Fall Crochet: 16 Free Crochet Patterns
- 8 Adorable Crochet Amigurumi Patterns
- 7 Crochet Lapghan Patterns
- Spring is Here! 10 Free Crochet Flower Patterns and Butterfly Fun
- 11 Free Christmas Crochet Patterns for Your Home
- 9 Free 4th of July Crochet Patterns
- 8 Last Minute Valentine Gifts
- 24 Handmade Craft Ideas from 2010: A Year of Free Crafts
- 14 Easy Crochet Bag Patterns
- 5 Free Christmas Crochet Patterns: Crochet Christmas Wreaths
- 25 Quick and Thrifty Free Crochet Patterns
- Crochet and Knitting Patterns from Red Heart Yarn
- Wrap up with 25 Afghan Patterns from Red Heart Yarn
- Free Crochet Designs: 10 Home Decor Christmas Crochet Patterns
- Have a Red Heart Holiday: 20 Knit & Crochet Gifts and Decorating Ideas
- Winter Wonderland: 17 Winter Patterns to Crochet
- Free Crochet Tips and Tricks: Organization Ideas, How to Crochet On the Go, and more
- Crochet Scarf Designs: Cute Crochet Scarf Patterns for all Seasons
- Never Ending Granny Afghans: 8 Crochet Patterns with Diagrams & Video Tutorials
- 16 Easy Summer Crochet Patterns
- Man Crafts: 10 Free Patterns to Crochet for Men
- The Most Popular Patterns for Afghans: 16 Knit and Crochet Afghan Patterns from Lion Brand
- Crochet in Color: 11 Colorful Crochet Patterns
- 11 Granny Square Crochet Patterns for Square Crochet Project
- 14 Free Crochet Hat Patterns: Crochet Beanie Hats, Crochet Cap Patterns, and More
- Pretty Flowers to Crochet: Brightly Colored Crochet Flower Patterns
- How to Crochet a Blanket for Infants & Toddlers: 11 Crochet Afghan Patterns
- 12 Halloween Crafts to Crochet
- Lion Brand's New Fall Collection: 15 Free Crochet Scarf Patterns, Afghan Patterns, and More
- How to Make Crochet Bags: 11 Fantastic DIY Bags
- Secret Santa Gifts: 13 Gifts To Crochet
- 12 Halloween Crafts to Crochet
- Use Up Leftover Yarn: 12 Free Crochet Patterns for Scrap Yarn, Plus One Skein Wonders
- 8 Different Crochet Stitches: Learn To Crochet Something New With Free Crochet Patterns
- Free Crochet Patterns for Every Season: 17 DIY Accessories + Crochet Clothing Patterns
- DIY Home Decor: 19 Free Crochet Kitchen and Dining Patterns
- How to Crochet Edges & Make Crochet Borders on Patterns
- Summer Crochet Patterns: 16 Easy Summer Crochet Patterns
- Winter Fashion for Toddlers + Baby Crochet Patterns
- How to Crochet, Volume 1: Free Beginner Crochet Patterns
- How to Crochet the Best Free Crochet Patterns of 2013
- DIY Accessories to Crochet: DIY Jewelry And Crochet Belts
- Make a Crochet Cowl: 10 Crochet Cowl Patterns
- Red Heart's Best - 12 Free Baby Crochet Patterns
- 7 Free Crochet Prayer Shawls
- 13 Free Baby Crochet Patterns: Crochet Baby Hats, Crochet Booties & More
Our Newest Patterns & Articles
- Seton Crochet Group
- Yarn Butler
- Colorado Beanie Hat Top Down
- Peace Sign Shoulder Bag
- Faux Crochet Outdoor Boots
- Fuzzy Top Crochet Beanie
- Gradient Love Crochet Heart
- Scrapbuster Crochet Juggling Balls
- Two-Toned Crochet Bracelet Pattern
- Pacific Sunset Crochet Fingerless Mitts