A July 4th Crochet Afghan
By: Caron Yarn
We are adding the pattern to your Crochet Patterns.
The pattern was added to your Crochet Patterns.
Support that red, white and blue by crocheting this fabulous 4th of July afghan. Bring it with you to the parade so you can display your patriotism.
Crochet Hook: I/9 or 5.5 mm hook
Yarn Weight: (4) Medium Weight/Worsted Weight and Aran (16-20 stitches to 4 inches)
- Size I crochet hook
- Caron International's Simply Soft 24 oz. White (Color A), 24 oz. Dark Country Blue (Color B), 15 oz. Red (Color C).
STRIPED BLOCKS: (Make 10) With Red, ch 39.
Row 1: 1 sc in 2nd ch from hook, 1 sc in ea ch across, turn.
Row 2: Ch 1, 1 sc in ea st across, turn.
Row 3: Rep row 2 keeping in pattern, work 3 rows White, 3 rows Red, alternately until there are 13 stripes. Fasten off.
Attach Royal at the top left hand corner and ch 3, work dc in ea row along side edge, work (2 dc, ch 1, 2 dc) in corner, dc in ea st along bottom edge, (2 dc, ch 1, 2 dc) in corner, dc in ea row along side edge, (2 dc, ch 1, 2 dc) in corner, dc in ea st across top, (2 dc, ch 1, 2 dc) in corner, join with a sl st in the 3rd ch of beg ch 3. Fasten off.
Weave in yarn ends.
STAR BLOCKS: (Make 10) With Royal, ch 39.
Row 1: Sc in 2nd ch from hook and sc in ea ch across, ch 1, turn. Complete chart. Fasten off. With Royal, work 1 rnd dc around block the same as for striped block. Weave in yarn ends.
Sew blocks tog. With Royal, work 1 rnd dc around having 1 dc in ea st along top, bottom and sides and (2 dc, ch 1, 2 dc) in the ch 1 st at corners. Fasten off. Weave in yarn ends.
Fringe: Cut one 24" strand ea, Red, Royal and White and holding ends tog, attach in the first st, * sk 2 sts and attach 3 strands in the next st, rep across. Attach fringe at the opposite end.
Searching for more patterns? Check out 10 of Your Favorite Crochet Afghan Patterns!
Images from other crafters
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Love these projects? Get MORE delivered to your Inbox – FREE Click Here!
- 16 Easy Summer Crochet Patterns
- 22 Popular Free Crochet Patterns
- 25 Quick and Thrifty Free Crochet Patterns
- 8 Different Crochet Stitches: Learn To Crochet Something New With Free Crochet Patterns
- 9 Free 4th of July Crochet Patterns
- DIY Accessories to Crochet: DIY Jewelry And Crochet Belts
- DIY Home Decor: 19 Free Crochet Kitchen and Dining Patterns
- How to Crochet Edges & Make Crochet Borders on Patterns
- How to Crochet, Volume 1: Free Beginner Crochet Patterns
- How to Make Crochet Bags: 11 Fantastic DIY Bags