Thanks for signing up!
Silk Yarn Butterfly Scarf
By: Karen for Darn Good Yarn
We are adding the pattern to your Crochet Patterns.
The pattern was added to your Crochet Patterns.
This beautiful Silk Yarn Butterfly Scarf is the perfect accessory to add to your outfit this spring. The fun, flirty colors of this scarf will add the perfect pop of color to any woman's outfit. Made using gorgeous recycled yarn from Darn Good Yarn, this free crochet scarf pattern is also a great way to help save the environment. You'll definitely want to wear this everyday, but be sure you wear it on Earth Day!
Crochet Hook: I/9 or 5.5 mm hook
Yarn Weight: (2) Fine (23-26 stitches to 4 inches)
- Two skeins of Darn Good Yarn Recycled Silk Yarn
- Hook: Size I/9 or 5.5 mm hook
1: ch 16, dc in third ch from hook, dc in all across, turn. OR. Ch 16 dc in third ch from hook dc two more times sk 8 st, dc in next 3 dc, turn
First one gives a solid base foundation and second gives bottom of butterfly. I use second.
2. Ch 2, dc in next 2 st, ch 8 , dc in next 3, turn
3. Ch 2, dc in next 2 st, ch 8, dc in next 3, turn
4. Ch 2, dc in next 2 st, ch 8, dc in next 3′ turn
5. Ch 2, dc in next 2, ch 4, sc around rows 2,3,4, ch 4, dc in next 3, turn
6. Repeat rows 2-5 until desired length
To end end with row 5. Or a row of solid dc if you started with a row of solid dc
Be sure to visit Darn Good Yarn's company profile for additional information and to buy their yarn.
Images from other crafters
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Love these projects? Get MORE delivered to your Inbox – FREE Click Here!
- 16 Easy Summer Crochet Patterns
- 22 Popular Free Crochet Patterns
- 25 Quick and Thrifty Free Crochet Patterns
- 8 Different Crochet Stitches: Learn To Crochet Something New With Free Crochet Patterns
- 9 Free 4th of July Crochet Patterns
- DIY Accessories to Crochet: DIY Jewelry And Crochet Belts
- DIY Home Decor: 19 Free Crochet Kitchen and Dining Patterns
- How to Crochet Edges & Make Crochet Borders on Patterns
- How to Crochet, Volume 1: Free Beginner Crochet Patterns
- How to Make Crochet Bags: 11 Fantastic DIY Bags
Our Newest Patterns & Articles
- No-Calorie Ice Cream Cone
- Hippie Holidays Vest
- Victorian Christmas Placemat
- Olaf the Snowman Crochet Pattern
- Victorian Christmas Coaster
- Frankenstein Child Headband
- Magical Tooth Fairy Pillow
- Poinsettia Christmas Coasters
- Christmas Crochet Angel
- Season of Giving Headband