Use Up Leftover Yarn: 12 Free Crochet Patterns for Scrap Yarn, Plus One Skein Wonders
The Happy Hooker
We are adding the pattern to your Crochet Patterns.
The pattern was added to your Crochet Patterns.
Stitch 'N bitch crochet the Happy Hooker
By: Debbie Stoller
Published By: Workman Publishing
Booked Reviewed by Michael Sellick of the Crochet Crowd
Laughter... Giggles... Guilty Pleasure... are three descriptions that instantly pop into my mind when thinking of Debbie Stoller’s the Happy Hooker book.
The name in itself lures you at the Book Store to investigate further because of the double meaning of words used on the front cover. Stitch ’N Bitch is a common term amongst crafting groups as the session can be a big time gossip circle. Debbie’s cover is memorable and instantly gives smiles even before opening the book. They say never judge a book by its cover, this is one of the few that truly reflects the humor inside, but more importantly, teaching you while you snicker at the double meaning of words throughout.
To me, Debbie’s humor hits me in a way where I am giggling like a school girl when going through her book. She’s bringing back the humor and excitement of crochet. Her book’s patterns and written language will entice the younger generation to show them that fiber artistic work is fun. But for some of us old folks, it revives us to look at crochet from a different angle.
Debbie’s book is the basics of crochet with excellent pictures to know what you are doing. Though she uses fun terminology throughout the book, she references the real names so that you aren’t lost in a crafting show and someone is teasing you that you know a funky stitch name that no one has ever heard of.
Her patterns allow new crocheters to get involved and her more complex stuff gives challenges to “experienced hookers”, as she might refer to us well seasoned crocheters.
In talking to many members of The Crochet Crowd, this book is a must own. A standing ovation from us who crochet and are looking for thrill of the fiber arts! This is one of the crowning master pieces to own in your crochet pattern book library.
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Love these projects? Get MORE delivered to your Inbox – FREE Click Here!
- 13 Free Baby Crochet Patterns: Crochet Baby Hats, Crochet Booties & More
- 16 Crochet Shawl Patterns: DIY Clothing You'll Love
- 22 Popular Free Crochet Patterns
- 25 Quick and Thrifty Free Crochet Patterns
- Guide To Free Crochet Patterns
- How to Crochet a Blanket for Infants & Toddlers: 11 Crochet Afghan Patterns
- How to Crochet, Volume 1: Free Beginner Crochet Patterns
- How to Make Crochet Bags: 11 Fantastic DIY Bags
- Pretty Flowers to Crochet: Brightly Colored Crochet Flower Patterns
- 11 Crochet Baby Cocoon Patterns
Our Newest Patterns & Articles
- Red Heart Fashion Soft Yarn Review
- Aqua Ridge Slouchy Hat
- 34 Crochet Christmas Stockings
- The Best Super Scarf Crochet Patterns
- Zoodiacs Afghan
- Zoodiacs Tiger Afghan Square
- Zoodiacs Bunny Rabbit Afghan Square
- Zoodiacs Dragon Afghan Square
- Zoodiacs Snake Afghan Square
- Zoodiacs Horse Afghan Square