Use Up Leftover Yarn: 12 Free Crochet Patterns for Scrap Yarn, Plus One Skein Wonders
The Happy Hooker
We are adding the pattern to your Crochet Patterns.
The pattern was added to your Crochet Patterns.
Stitch 'N bitch crochet the Happy Hooker
By: Debbie Stoller
Published By: Workman Publishing
Booked Reviewed by Michael Sellick of the Crochet Crowd
Laughter... Giggles... Guilty Pleasure... are three descriptions that instantly pop into my mind when thinking of Debbie Stoller’s the Happy Hooker book.
The name in itself lures you at the Book Store to investigate further because of the double meaning of words used on the front cover. Stitch ’N Bitch is a common term amongst crafting groups as the session can be a big time gossip circle. Debbie’s cover is memorable and instantly gives smiles even before opening the book. They say never judge a book by its cover, this is one of the few that truly reflects the humor inside, but more importantly, teaching you while you snicker at the double meaning of words throughout.
To me, Debbie’s humor hits me in a way where I am giggling like a school girl when going through her book. She’s bringing back the humor and excitement of crochet. Her book’s patterns and written language will entice the younger generation to show them that fiber artistic work is fun. But for some of us old folks, it revives us to look at crochet from a different angle.
Debbie’s book is the basics of crochet with excellent pictures to know what you are doing. Though she uses fun terminology throughout the book, she references the real names so that you aren’t lost in a crafting show and someone is teasing you that you know a funky stitch name that no one has ever heard of.
Her patterns allow new crocheters to get involved and her more complex stuff gives challenges to “experienced hookers”, as she might refer to us well seasoned crocheters.
In talking to many members of The Crochet Crowd, this book is a must own. A standing ovation from us who crochet and are looking for thrill of the fiber arts! This is one of the crowning master pieces to own in your crochet pattern book library.
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Love these projects? Get MORE delivered to your Inbox – FREE Click Here!
- 11 Crochet Baby Cocoon Patterns
- 11 Granny Square Crochet Patterns for Square Crochet Project
- 7 Free Crochet Prayer Shawls
- 8 Different Crochet Stitches: Learn To Crochet Something New With Free Crochet Patterns
- Crochet Scarf Designs: Cute Crochet Scarf Patterns for all Seasons
- DIY Home Decor: 19 Free Crochet Kitchen and Dining Patterns
- Free Crochet Tips and Tricks: Organization Ideas, How to Crochet On the Go, and more
- How to Crochet Edges & Make Crochet Borders on Patterns
- Make a Crochet Cowl: 10 Crochet Cowl Patterns
- Winter Wonderland: 17 Winter Patterns to Crochet
Our Newest Patterns & Articles
- Primavera Flower Tunic
- Basic Crocheted Socks
- Cozy Cowl Poncho
- Choosing the Best Crochet Hook Sizes
- Baby Ripple Afghan
- Celtic Cable Crochet Book Review
- How to Crochet a Flower
- 28 Crochet One Skein Wonders + Bulky Crochet Hats and Scarves
- 16 Crochet Baby Patterns: Baby Hats and Cocoons
- Corner to Corner Crochet Stitch