Lace Border Blanket
We are adding the pattern to your Crochet Patterns.
The pattern was added to your Crochet Patterns.
For that new baby in your life or that baby shower you're about to attend, this is the perfect crochet design. This is a simple blanket with a nice, lace border and with any color of Bernat yarn, you can crochet this blanket in no time. The v-stitch is worked in each row and with only two repetitive rows, this baby blanket is great for beginners. Babies will love snuggling with this soft baby blanket in their cribs as they drift off to sleep.
Crochet Hook: G/6 or 4 mm hook
Yarn Weight: (2) Fine (23-26 stitches to 4 inches)
32 ins [81.5 cm] wide x 32 ins [81.5 cm] long.
- Bernat® Baby Coordinates (160 g/5.6 oz)
- 3 balls of 01002 (Lemon)
- Size 4 mm (U.S. G or 6) crochet hook or size needed to obtain gauge.
5 V-sts and 8 rows = 4 ins [10 cm] in pat.
1st row: (RS). (1 dc. Ch 2. 1 dc) in next ch - V-st made in 5th ch from hook (counts as dc and V-st). *Miss next 2 ch. V-st in next ch. Rep from * to last 2 ch. Miss next ch. 1 dc in last ch. Turn. 36 V-sts.
2nd row: Ch 3 (counts as dc). *V-st in next ch-2 sp. Rep from * to last st. 1 dc in top of ch 3. Turn.
Rep last row until work from beg measures 29 ins [73.5 cm], ending with RS facing for next row.
Edging: 1st rnd: Ch 1. 3 sc in first dc for corner. Work 107 sc along each edge of Blanket and 3 sc in each corner st. Join with sl st to first sc. 440 sc.
2nd rnd: Ch 1. 1 sc in same sp as sl st. [Ch 5. Miss next sc. 1 sc in next corner sc. (Ch 5. Miss next 3 sc. 1 sc in next sc) 27 times] 4 times, omitting last sc and join with sl st to first sc.
3rd rnd: Sl st in first ch-5 sp. (Ch 3. 1 dc. Ch 2. 2 dc) in same sp as sl st. *(2 dc. Ch 2. 2 dc) in next ch-5 sp. Rep from * around. Join with sl st to top of ch 3.
4th rnd: Sl st in next dc and ch-2 sp. (Ch 3. 2 dc. Ch 3. 3 dc) in same sp as last sl st. *(3 dc. Ch 3. 3 dc) in next ch-2 sp. Rep from * around. Join with sl st to top of ch 3.
5th rnd: Sl st in each of next 2 dc and ch-3 sp. (Ch 3. 3 dc. Ch 3. Sl st in 3rd ch from hook - picot made. 4 dc) in same ch-3 sp. *(4 dc. Picot. 4 dc) in next ch-3 sp. Rep from * around. Join with sl st to top of ch 3. Fasten off.
For more crochet baby afghan patterns click here!
Love baby afghans? Then grab your free copy of How to Crochet a Blanket for Infants & Toddlers: 11 Crochet Afghan Patterns.
Images from other crafters
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Love these projects? Get MORE delivered to your Inbox – FREE Click Here!
- 16 Easy Summer Crochet Patterns
- 22 Popular Free Crochet Patterns
- 25 Quick and Thrifty Free Crochet Patterns
- 8 Different Crochet Stitches: Learn To Crochet Something New With Free Crochet Patterns
- 9 Free 4th of July Crochet Patterns
- DIY Accessories to Crochet: DIY Jewelry And Crochet Belts
- DIY Home Decor: 19 Free Crochet Kitchen and Dining Patterns
- How to Crochet Edges & Make Crochet Borders on Patterns
- How to Crochet, Volume 1: Free Beginner Crochet Patterns
- How to Make Crochet Bags: 11 Fantastic DIY Bags