7 Free Crochet Prayer Shawls
By: Jeanette Benoit, Editor, allfreecrochet.com
We are adding the pattern to your Crochet Patterns.
The pattern was added to your Crochet Patterns.
Life can sometimes feel like a roller coaster: there's ups and downs, and everything in between. Believe it or not, we believe that there is a crochet pattern to fit every mood of life. When times are good, we like to crochet fun things like pretty bags, trendy jewelry, and stylish wearables for special occasions. Classic items such as crochet hat patterns, crochet scarves, and afghans for the house are all great items for everyday use. But what about the more difficult times? When life hands you lemons, sometimes you just don’t feel like making lemonade. Instead, it’s a great time to make a crochet prayer shawl.
Prayer shawls not only are functional because they provide warmth, but they also have plenty of sentimental value, as well. Being able to wrap yourself up in something that was made just for you is a great, heartwarming feeling. The mere thought of knowing someone took the time to crochet something special just for you often means more to people than anything you could ever buy at the store.
Crocheting a prayer shawl is surprisingly simple to do, so crocheters of practically any skill level can work up any one of the free crochet patterns inside our latest collection. Choose any color you want to crochet these free prayer shawls.
7 Free Crochet Prayer Shawls Table of Contents:
Prayer shawls are perfect to make for anyone you know that’s going through a difficult time. Whether you or someone you know is feeling ill, prayer shawls can provide endless amounts of comfort and joy. The mere thought of knowing someone took the time to crochet something special just for you often means more to people than anything you could ever buy at the store.
There’s no better feeling in life than to wrap yourself up in something that was made with love. Prayer shawls are also an excellent item to crochet for charities. People suffer for various reasons including physically, mentally, emotionally, and financially. Whatever the source of struggle is, prayer shawls can definitely help provide comfort during any period of conflict.
Whether you’re looking to crochet something extra special for yourself, a friend in need, or a charity organization, prayer shawls are always the answer. It’s a fantastic way to help someone get through a difficult time because they can just simply wrap themselves in your love and support. Browse through this lovely collection of crochet prayer shawls to find the one that speaks to you!
The Editors of AllFreeCrochet
Easy Crochet Shawls
Comforting Hug Prayer Shawl (pg. 5) - Wrap this pretty white crochet prayer shawl around you, and it will feel like an instant hug! Its delicate design has just the right amount of elegance, and the airy lace design will instantly class up any outfit.
Best Friend Prayer Shawl (pg. 7) - Treat your best friend to this extra special crochet prayer shawl. It's a lovely pattern that will offer her support and comfort when you're not around and is a wonderful way to give her a personal gift from the heart.
Say a Little Prayer Shawl (pg. 9) - When times are tough, you'll be glad to have this comforting prayer shawl in your closet. It will bring you endless comfort and peace, and the pastel lilac color sends out a soft, hopeful energy.
Trinity Stitch Prayer Shawl (pg. 11) - Let your friends wrap themselves up in positive thoughts with this comforting shawl. The blue represents peace and the green represents life, but you can personalize the pattern as you'd like.
Be sure to check out our entire collection of free eBooks, where you will find all of the best downloadable crochet patterns. You'll find titles such as:
AllFreeCrochet eBooks are free, downloadable crochet pattern collections all organized around a central theme. They are all PDF documents that can be downloaded off of our website, saved to your computer , and/or printed out for easy reference while crafting and crocheting.
If you are having trouble downloading our free eBooks, visit our FAQ page here: How to Download Our eBooks.
With your free copy of 7 Free Crochet Prayer Shawls, you also have to opportunity to subscribe to our Hooked on Crochet newsletter to become part of a fabulous and friendly crochet community. In subscribing to the newsletter you will receive:
- Six weekly emails with free crochet patterns, tips, collection pages, videos and more.
- Chances to win crochet books and products from our weekly giveaways and contests.
- New FREE patterns made available to you throughout the year.
- Access to our free pattern library full of 1000’s more free crochet patterns.
- The opportunity to share ideas and help others in the crochet community.
I know you have such a strong passion for all things crochet so you might as well download this 14 Easy Crochet Bag Patterns eBook now, especially since it’s free! Be sure you subscribe to receive our newsletter Hooked on Crochet, too. These free crochet designs will not only make you a better crocheter but they will bring you a ton of inspiration for future projects! You should also take a peek at our yarn blog, Stitch and Unwind, for great crochet, knitting, and afghan patterns galore! You won't be disappointed.
- A Homemade Hug for a Friend - NEW!
- Gentle Solace Prayer Shawl - NEW!
- Friendship Shawl - NEW!
- Turning Circle Prayer Shawl Pattern - NEW!
- Healing Prayer Shawl Crochet Pattern - NEW!
- Charmed Prayer Shawl - NEW!
PLUS: Pocket-sized prayer shawls or squares can help you keep that hopeful, comforting feeling with you wherever you are. Keep them in your purse, pocket, or even glove compartment for when times get rough when you are out on the go. Here are two of our favorites:
Which special person in your life needs one of these prayer shawls?
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Images from other crochet readers
Love these projects? Get MORE delivered to your Inbox – FREE Click Here!
- 11 Crochet Baby Cocoon Patterns
- 11 Granny Square Crochet Patterns for Square Crochet Project
- 7 Free Crochet Prayer Shawls
- 8 Different Crochet Stitches: Learn To Crochet Something New With Free Crochet Patterns
- Crochet Scarf Designs: Cute Crochet Scarf Patterns for all Seasons
- DIY Home Decor: 19 Free Crochet Kitchen and Dining Patterns
- Free Crochet Tips and Tricks: Organization Ideas, How to Crochet On the Go, and more
- How to Crochet Edges & Make Crochet Borders on Patterns
- Make a Crochet Cowl: 10 Crochet Cowl Patterns
- Winter Wonderland: 17 Winter Patterns to Crochet
Our Newest Patterns & Articles
- 13 Free Baby Crochet Patterns: Crochet Baby Hats, Crochet Booties & More
- Men's Simple Crochet Hat
- Classically Cute Crochet Beanie
- Classic Men's Crochet Scarf
- Beginner's Favorite Poncho
- Ridiculously Easy Poncho Pattern
- Stupendous Stashbuster Poncho
- Little Berry Crochet Hat
- Ruby Red Fingerless Mittens
- My Sweetheart Crochet Scarf