Crocheted Christmas Wreath
We are adding the pattern to your Crochet Patterns.
The pattern was added to your Crochet Patterns.
Show off your holiday spirit with this Crocheted Christmas Wreath. It's the perfect holiday crochet pattern to complete if you're looking to decorate your home for the Christmas season. Use red, white, and green worsted weight yarn to complete this crochet pattern. It's a festive home decor item that will make your house look warm and inviting all season long.
Crochet Hook: G/6 or 4 mm hook
Yarn Weight: (4) Medium Weight/Worsted Weight and Aran (16-20 stitches to 4 inches)
- Yarn: Lily Sugar’n Cream Cotton 4 ply Solids 2.5 oz [70.9 g]/Sparkles 2 oz [56.7 g]
1 ball Sugar’n Cream (Emerald) to wrap Wreath (optional)
Color A - (Red) 1 ball
Color B - (Baby Pink) 1 ball
Color C - (White) 1 ball
Color D - (Mistletoe Sparkle) 1 ball
Small amount of blue yarn.
- Crochet hook: Size 4 mm (U.S. G or 6) crochet hook or size needed to obtain gauge
- Glue gun and glue sticks
- 2 yds [1.8 m] of 5/8 inch [15 mm] wide green ribbon
- 3 yds [2.75 m] of 1/4 inch [10 mm] wide white ribbon
- 20 small dried pine cones
- Styrofoam Wreath 12 ins [30.5 cm] in diameter
Note: 1 ball each of A, B and C makes 15 Santas. 1 ball each of A and C makes 7 Stockings. 1 ball of Sparkle makes 5 Gift Boxes.
Gauge: 16 sc and 16 rows = 4 ins [10 cm].
SANTA (make 3)
Face: With B, ch 6. Join with sl st to form ring.
1st rnd: Ch 3. 7 dc in ring. Break B and join C in last dc. With C, 8 dc in same ring. Sl st in first dc.
2nd rnd: Ch 3. Sl st in top of first B st. *Ch 3. Sl st in top of next st.* Rep from * to * for all B sts. **Ch 5. Sl st into next C st.** Rep from ** to ** to complete ring. Fasten off.
Hat: With A, ch 9.
1st row: 1 sc in 2nd ch from hook. 1 sc in each sc to end of ch. 8 sc. Turn.
2nd row: Ch 1. Miss first sc. 1 sc in each sc to end of row. Turn.
Rep 2nd row until one st remains. Fasten off.
Pompom: Join C with sl st to point of Hat. Ch 4. Join with sl st to form ring.
1st rnd: Ch 1. 12 sc in ring.
Break yarn leaving 6 ins [15 cm] end. Thread yarn through a needle and draw through top of each st in ring. Draw up firmly and fasten off.
FINISHING: Sew Hat to Face as illustrated. Embroider two eyes using blue yarn.
STOCKING (make 4)
Cuff: With C, ch 13.
1st row: (RS). 1 sc in 2nd ch from hook. 1 sc in each ch to end of ch. 12 sc. Ch 1. Turn.
2nd row: 1 sc in each sc to end of row. Ch 1. Turn.
Rep 2nd row once more, joining A at end of last row.
Leg: With A, 1 sc in each sc to end of row. Ch 1. Turn.
Rep last row until work from beg measures 3 ins [7.5 cm] ending with RS facing and omitting turning ch at end of last row. Fasten off.
Heel: With RS of work facing, miss first 9 sc. Join C with sl st in next sc. Ch 1. 1 sc in same sc. 1 sc in each of last 2 sc. Bring other side of leg around. Work 1 sc in each of first 3 sc. Ch 1. Turn.
Next row: 1 sc in each of first 4 sc. Ch 1. Turn.
Next row: 1 sc in each of first 2 sc. Ch 1. Turn.
Next row: 1 sc in each of next 2 sc. 1 sc in next sc of long row below. 3 sts. Ch 1. Turn.
Next row: 1 sc in each of next 3 sc. 1 sc in next sc of long row below. 4 sts. Ch 1. Turn.
Cont as for last 2 rows until 6 sts of Heel have been worked, omitting turning ch at end of last row. Fasten off.
Foot: With RS of work facing, miss first 3 sc of Heel. Join A with sl st in next sc. Ch 1. 1 sc in same sc. 1 sc in each of next 2 sc of Heel. Miss next sc of Leg. 1 sc in each of next 4 sc. Miss next sc of Leg. 1 sc in each of next 3 sc of Heel. Ch 1. Turn. 10 sts.
Next row: 1 sc in each sc to end of row. Ch 1. Turn.
Next row: 1 sc in each sc to end of row, changing to C in last sc. Ch 1. Turn.
Toe: Next 2 rows: With C, 1 sc in each sc to end of row. Ch 1. Turn.
Next row: (Draw up a loop in each of next 2 sc. Yoh and draw a loop through all loops on hook - Sc2tog made) 5 times. Fasten off.
FINISHING: Sew Cuff and Leg back seams. Sew Foot and Toe seams. Sew corners of Heel closed. Stuff lightly.
GIFT BOX (make 5)
Main Piece: With D, ch 8.
1st row: 1 sc in 2nd ch from hook. 1 sc in each ch to end of ch. Turn. 7 sc.
**2nd to 6th rows: Ch 1. 1 sc in each sc to end of row. Turn.
7th row: Ch 1. 1 sc in back loop only of each sc to end of row. Turn.
8th to 10th rows: Ch 1. 1 sc in each sc to end of row. Turn.**
11th row: Rep 7th row. Rep from ** to ** once. Fasten off.
Box Sides: (make 2)
1st row: 1 sc in 2nd ch from hook. 1 sc in each ch to end of row. Turn. 6 sc.
2nd to 4th rows: Ch 1. 1 sc in each sc to end of row. Turn. Fasten off.
FINISHING: Sew first row of Main Piece to last row to form a box with sides open. Sew one Box Side in position. Stuff Box. Sew remaining Box Side in position. Tie a length of ribbon around Box, tie a bow, and stitch in place.
If desired, wrap yarn around Styrofoam Wreath to cover completely. Using photo as a guide, glue Santas, Stockings and Gift Boxes on Wreath as illustrated. Glue on pine cones and ribbon bow.
Check out Lily Sugar'n Cream's company profile and other great patterns.
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Love these projects? Get MORE delivered to your Inbox – FREE Click Here!
- "5 Free Christmas Crochet Patterns: Crochet Christmas Wreaths" eBook
- 26 Crochet Christmas Decorations and Crochet Wreaths
- Christmas Bells Crocheted Wreath
- Crocheted Christmas Wreath
- Holiday Wreaths
- Crocheted Candy Cane Wreath
- Holiday Christmas Wreath
- Christmas Wreath Pattern
- SUZIES LITTLE WREATH
- DIY Mini Crochet Christmas Wreath
- 8 Last Minute Valentine Gifts: Crochet Patterns for that Special Someone
- Crochet in Color: 11 Colorful Crochet Patterns
- DIY Home Decor: 19 Free Crochet Kitchen and Dining Patterns
- Free Crochet Tips and Tricks: Organization Ideas, How to Crochet On the Go, and more
- How To Crochet Granny Squares
- How to Make Crochet Bags: 11 Fantastic DIY Bags
- Never Ending Granny Afghans: 8 Crochet Patterns with Diagrams & Video Tutorials
- Pretty Flowers to Crochet: Brightly Colored Crochet Flower Patterns
- Spring is Here! 10 Free Crochet Flower Patterns and Butterfly Fun
- Use Up Leftover Yarn: 12 Free Crochet Patterns for Scrap Yarn, Plus One Skein Wonders