Sea Blue Baby Afghan
We are adding the pattern to your Crochet Patterns.
The pattern was added to your Crochet Patterns.
Blue is typically associated with baby boys, but the bright shade of this homemade afghan is beautiful enough for a baby girl, too. This Sea Blue Baby Afghan is an easy crochet afghan pattern to complete. It would also make a wonderful homemade gift idea for a baby shower. Babies will love snuggling up with this homemade blanket for years to come. It measures approximately 28 by 30 inches when complete.
Crochet Hook: K/10.5 or 6.5 mm hook
Yarn Weight: (5) Bulky/Chunky (12-15 stitches for 4 inches)
About 28 x 30 in. (71 x 76 cm)
- LION BRAND® BABY'S FIRST™ (Art. #925)
#146 Sea Sprite 5 balls or color of your choice
- LION BRAND® crochet hook size K-10.5 (6.5 mm)
- LION BRAND® large-eyed blunt needle
4 V-sts + 5 rows = 4 in. (10 cm).
BE SURE TO CHECK YOUR GAUGE.
V-st (Dc, ch 1, dc) all in the same st.
Row 1: (Dc, ch 1, dc) in 5th ch from hook (V-st made), *sk next 2 ch, V-st in next ch; rep from * across to last 2 ch, sk next ch, dc in last ch – 27 V-sts at end of this row.
Rows 2-40: Ch 3, turn, V-st in each ch-1 sp across, dc in turning ch.
Do not fasten off.
Rnd 1: Ch 1, turn, work sc evenly spaced around all edges of Afghan, working 3 sc in each corner; join with sl st in first sc.
Rnd 2 (picot edging): *Ch 2, sl st in 2nd ch from hook (picot made), sk next sc, sl st in next 2 sc; rep from * around. Note: At each corner, sl st in more or fewer sts to ensure that a picot is centered on the corner.
Weave in ends.
ch = chain
ch-sp = space previously made
dc = double crochet
rep = repeat
rnd(s) = round(s)
sc = single crochet
sk = skip
sl st = slip st
st(s) = stitch(es)
More Baby Afghans You Might Enjoy:
Images from other crafters
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Love these projects? Get MORE delivered to your Inbox – FREE Click Here!
- 16 Easy Summer Crochet Patterns
- 22 Popular Free Crochet Patterns
- 25 Quick and Thrifty Free Crochet Patterns
- 8 Different Crochet Stitches: Learn To Crochet Something New With Free Crochet Patterns
- 9 Free 4th of July Crochet Patterns
- DIY Accessories to Crochet: DIY Jewelry And Crochet Belts
- DIY Home Decor: 19 Free Crochet Kitchen and Dining Patterns
- How to Crochet Edges & Make Crochet Borders on Patterns
- How to Crochet, Volume 1: Free Beginner Crochet Patterns
- How to Make Crochet Bags: 11 Fantastic DIY Bags