Free Crochet Patterns for Every Season: 17 DIY Accessories + Crochet Clothing Patterns
Thanks for signing up!
Delicate Open Weave Top
By: Eva Ferrebee
We are adding the pattern to your Crochet Patterns.
The pattern was added to your Crochet Patterns.
The crochet instructions for this Delicate Open Weave Top are easy to follow. Make yourself a fabulous top to wear any time of year; wear a tank during the summer or a long sleeved shirt during the winter. Complete the top with a fancy belt.
Crochet Hook: F/5 or 3.75 mm hook, G/6 or 4 mm hook
Yarn Weight: (0) Lace (33-40 stitches to 4 inches). Includes crochet thread.
- Measuring Tape
- 100% Cotton yarn
- Crochet hooks G & F
- Yarn Needle
- Needle and Thread
- Pen/pencil & paper (to write down measurements, number of stitches, etc.)
To Begin: (Front and Back Pieces are Made Identical)
Measure from your elbow, up shoulder across neck and down to other elbow.
Chain number required to measure the above measurement (if you measure 35 inches, Chain length of 35 inches)
Row One: Single Crochet in each chain (this forms the base), Turn
Row Two: Chain 4, Skip 3 stitches, Double Crochet in 4th Stitch, Repeat for entire length, Turn
Row Three: Chain 4, Double Crochet in the Chain 4 space, Repeat for entire length, Turn
Continue Repeating Row 3 until your piece is at desired length ( Hold piece up to your neck to see if it is as long as you'd like it)
Once you have reached your desired length, Turn
Finishing: Single Crochet in Every Chain Across, Knot, Bury Ends. (Repeat for Back)
Joining Shoulder Seams:
Measure your neck opening and mark on pieces with marker or pins.
With Front & Back Together, line up stitches and slip slitch between front and back stitches from end of arm length to neck opening. Knot and bury ends
Repeat both sides of neck opening.
Joining Side Seams:
Place Front & Back side by side on flat surface and line up the stitches.
Thread Needle with Matching Thread. Sew side seams by weaving your thread from right to left sides, connecting and burying your threads.
Continue to desired arm hole measurment. Knot and bury ends. Repeat for other side.
Press your top, and/or steam, which will help your completed top lay flat.
Picture shown uses a thin belt weaved through the open weave for a stylish effect.
Images from other crafters
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Love these projects? Get MORE delivered to your Inbox – FREE Click Here!
- 16 Easy Summer Crochet Patterns
- 22 Popular Free Crochet Patterns
- 25 Quick and Thrifty Free Crochet Patterns
- 8 Different Crochet Stitches: Learn To Crochet Something New With Free Crochet Patterns
- 9 Free 4th of July Crochet Patterns
- DIY Accessories to Crochet: DIY Jewelry And Crochet Belts
- DIY Home Decor: 19 Free Crochet Kitchen and Dining Patterns
- How to Crochet Edges & Make Crochet Borders on Patterns
- How to Crochet, Volume 1: Free Beginner Crochet Patterns
- How to Make Crochet Bags: 11 Fantastic DIY Bags