Mountain Mist Afghan
We are adding the pattern to your Crochet Patterns.
The pattern was added to your Crochet Patterns.
Using double crochet and the cluster stitch you can make this beautiful free crochet afghan pattern. Five different colors are used for a nice contrasting look. This Mountain Mist Afghan will really remind you of the mountains.
Thanks to jolie 5569817 for suggesting the name Mountain Mist, it's beautiful!
Crochet Hook: H/8 or 5 mm hook
Yarn Weight: (4) Medium Weight/Worsted Weight and Aran (16-20 stitches to 4 inches)
Corrections made 12/9/11
MEASUREMENTS: Approx 49 x 55" [125 x 139.5 cm]
Waverly® for Bernat® (100 g/3.5 oz; 180 m/ 197 yds)
- Contrast A (55008 Birch White) 5 balls
- Contrast B (55013 Bark) 3 balls
- Contrast C (55010 Colonial Beige) 2 balls
- Contrast D (55205 Greek Sea) 2 balls
- Contrast E (55200 Aqua Frost) 2 balls
- Size 5 mm (U.S. H/8) crochet hook or size needed to obtain gauge.
GAUGE: 2 pat reps and 7 rows = 7" [18 cm].
Stripe Pat: 4 rows A, 2 rows B, 2 rows C, 2 rows B, 4 rows A, 2 rows D, 2 rows E, 2 rows D. These 20 rows form Stripe Pat.
Note: Ch 3 at beg of row counts as dc throughout. With A, ch 157.
1st row: (RS). 1 dc in 4th ch from hook. Ch 1. Miss next ch. 1 dc in next ch. Ch 1. Miss next ch. 3 dc in next ch. Ch 3. 3 dc in next ch. Ch 1. Miss next ch. 1 dc in next ch. Ch 1. Miss next ch. *(Yoh and draw up a loop in next ch. Yoh and draw through 2 loops on hook) 3 times. Yoh and draw through all 4 loops on hook – cluster made. Ch 1. Miss next ch. 1 dc in next ch. Ch 1. Miss next ch. 3 dc in next ch. Ch 3. 3 dc in next ch. Ch 1. Miss next ch. 1 dc in next ch. Ch 1. Miss next ch. Rep from * to last 2 ch. 1 dc in each of next 2 ch. Turn.
2nd row: Ch 3. Miss next dc. (1 dc in next dc. Ch 1) twice. (3 dc. Ch 3. 3 dc) in next ch-3 sp. Ch 1. Miss next 2 dc. 1 dc in next dc. Ch 1. *Cluster over next (dc, cluster, dc). Ch 1. 1 dc in next dc. Ch 1. (3 dc. Ch 3. 3 dc) in next ch-3 sp. Ch 1. Miss next 2 dc. 1 dc in next dc. Ch 1. Rep from * to last 3 dc. 1 dc in next dc. Miss next dc. 1 dc in top of ch 3. Turn. Last row forms Ripple Pat. Cont in Ripple Pat, keeping continuity of Stripe Pat until work measures approx 55" [140 cm], ending with 4 rows A. Fasten off.
Edging: (RS). Join A with sl st in bottom right corner. Ch 1. Work sc evenly up side edge. Fasten off. Rep for opposite side beg at top left corner.
Images from other crafters
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Love these projects? Get MORE delivered to your Inbox – FREE Click Here!
- 16 Easy Summer Crochet Patterns
- 22 Popular Free Crochet Patterns
- 25 Quick and Thrifty Free Crochet Patterns
- 8 Different Crochet Stitches: Learn To Crochet Something New With Free Crochet Patterns
- 9 Free 4th of July Crochet Patterns
- DIY Accessories to Crochet: DIY Jewelry And Crochet Belts
- DIY Home Decor: 19 Free Crochet Kitchen and Dining Patterns
- How to Crochet Edges & Make Crochet Borders on Patterns
- How to Crochet, Volume 1: Free Beginner Crochet Patterns
- How to Make Crochet Bags: 11 Fantastic DIY Bags