Cozy Cowl Poncho
We are adding the pattern to your Crochet Patterns.
The pattern was added to your Crochet Patterns.
Stay warm and toasty this winter with this Cozy Cowl Poncho. Use Lion Brand Homespun Thick and Quick yarn to work up this easy crochet poncho pattern. The cowl neckline makes this one of the most trendy crochet poncho patterns ever and will definitely keep you cozy without sacrificing a bit of style this season. Bulky yarn makes this a quick crochet pattern to work up. This crochet poncho pattern is available in one size only and measures about 22 inches by 25 inches.
Crochet Hook: P/16 or 16 mm hook
Yarn Weight: (6) Super Bulky/Super Chunky (4-11 stitches for 4 inches)
SIZE: One Size
About 22 x 25 in. (56 x 63.5 cm), after folding
- 792-207 Lion Brand Homespun Thick and Quick Yarn: Greystone Stripes, 3 Balls
- Lion Brand Crochet Hook - Size P-15 (10 mm)
- Lion Brand Large-Eye Blunt
- Needles (Set of 6)
- Assembly Diagram
*Homespun® Thick & Quick® (Article #792). 88% Acrylic, 12% Polyester; package size: 8.00oz/227.00 gr. (160yds/146m) pull skeins
GAUGE: 5 hdc = about 4 in. (10 cm).
BE SURE TO CHECK YOUR GAUGE. When you match the gauge in a pattern, your project will be the size specified in the pattern and the materials specified in the pattern will be sufficient. If it takes you fewer stitches and rows to make a 4 in. [10 cm] square, try using a smaller size hook or needles; if more stitches and rows, try a larger size hook or needles.
Row 1: Hdc in 3rd ch from hook and in each ch across - 28 sts.
Row 2: Ch 2 (does not count as a st), turn, hdc in each st across. Rep Row 2 until piece measures about 50 in.
(127 cm) from beg. Fasten off.
Fold piece in half lengthwise, bringing first row to meet last row. The folded piece should measure about 22 x 25 in.
(56 x 63.5 cm). Beg at a corner and following diagram, sl st side edges together for 13 in. (33 cm), leaving 12 in.
(30.5 cm) open for neck. Do not fasten off, but continue on for cowl neck as follows:
Rnd 1 (Right Side): Continuing with same strand of yarn, ch 2, work 30 hdc evenly spaced around neck opening;
join with sl st in top of beg ch.
Rnd 2: Ch 2, hdc in each st around; join with sl st in top of beg ch.
Rep Rnd 2 until cowl measures about 8 in. (20.5 cm).
Last Rnd: Ch 1, sc in each st around; join with sl st in first sc.
Weave in ends.
ABBREVIATIONS / REFERENCES
beg = begin(s)(ning)
ch(s) = chain(s)
hdc = half double crochet
rep = repeat(s)(ing)
rnd(s) = round(s)
sc = single crochet
sl st = slip stitch
st(s) = stitch(es)
Images from other crafters
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Love these projects? Get MORE delivered to your Inbox – FREE Click Here!
- 16 Easy Summer Crochet Patterns
- 22 Popular Free Crochet Patterns
- 25 Quick and Thrifty Free Crochet Patterns
- 8 Different Crochet Stitches: Learn To Crochet Something New With Free Crochet Patterns
- 9 Free 4th of July Crochet Patterns
- DIY Accessories to Crochet: DIY Jewelry And Crochet Belts
- DIY Home Decor: 19 Free Crochet Kitchen and Dining Patterns
- How to Crochet Edges & Make Crochet Borders on Patterns
- How to Crochet, Volume 1: Free Beginner Crochet Patterns
- How to Make Crochet Bags: 11 Fantastic DIY Bags
Our Newest Patterns & Articles
- No-Calorie Ice Cream Cone
- Hippie Holidays Vest
- Victorian Christmas Placemat
- Olaf the Snowman Crochet Pattern
- Victorian Christmas Coaster
- Frankenstein Child Headband
- Magical Tooth Fairy Pillow
- Poinsettia Christmas Coasters
- Christmas Crochet Angel
- Season of Giving Headband