Memorable Baby's First Blanket
By: Roseanna Beck
We are adding the pattern to your Crochet Patterns.
The pattern was added to your Crochet Patterns.
Using a free baby afghan pattern, you can make this Memorable Baby's First Blanket. The yarn is soft and colorful for a cozy feel. Single crochet and double crochet is used to work up the pattern quickly. The colors used for this crocheted blanket can be customized to suit the baby's gender, or it can be kept gender-neutral if it's a secret. Homemade baby blankets like this are sure to be treasured and cherished for years to come.
Crochet Hook: H/8 or 5 mm hook
Yarn Weight: (4) Medium Weight/Worsted Weight and Aran (16-20 stitches to 4 inches)
SIZE: 41” x 45”
- 470 yds. White Red Heart 4-ply yarn (A)
- 340 yds. Petal Pink Red Heart 4-ply yarn (B)
- 340 yds. Pale Green Red Heart 4-ply yarn (C)
- H and I crochet hooks or size needed for gauge
GAUGE: With H hook – 6 rows = 5” Cluster, dc, Cluster = 3”
Chain (ch), Single Crochet (sc), Double Crochet (dc)
Special Stitch: Cluster (Cl) – 5 dc
Row 1 – With A and H hook ch 129, Cl in 6th ch from hook, *skip 2 ch, dc in next ch, skip 2 ch, Cl in next ch, rep from * across ending skip 2 ch, dc in last ch, ch 3 and turn.
Row 2 - *Cl in center dc of Cl, skip 2 dc, dc in dc, rep from * across, dc in last dc, fasten off and turn.
Rep Row 2 in a 2-row color pattern:
A, B, C 8 times, finishing 2 rows A (50 rows)
With A and I hook starting at top edge right corner work 6 dc in first dc, * sc in center dc of Cl, skip 2 dc, 6 dc in next dc, rep from * across ending 6 dc in last dc.
Work along side edge *(sc, ch 3, sc) in next dc, ch 1, rep from *across ending (sc, ch 3, sc) in dc, 6 dc in first bottom ch.
Work along bottom edge *sc in ch below Cl, 6 dc in ch below dc, rep from * across ending 6 dc in last ch.
Work along side edge *(sc, ch 3, sc) in next dc, ch 1, rep from * across ending (sc, ch 3, sc) in dc, join to beg dc and fasten off.
Images from other crafters
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Love these projects? Get MORE delivered to your Inbox – FREE Click Here!
- 16 Easy Summer Crochet Patterns
- 22 Popular Free Crochet Patterns
- 25 Quick and Thrifty Free Crochet Patterns
- 8 Different Crochet Stitches: Learn To Crochet Something New With Free Crochet Patterns
- 9 Free 4th of July Crochet Patterns
- DIY Accessories to Crochet: DIY Jewelry And Crochet Belts
- DIY Home Decor: 19 Free Crochet Kitchen and Dining Patterns
- How to Crochet Edges & Make Crochet Borders on Patterns
- How to Crochet, Volume 1: Free Beginner Crochet Patterns
- How to Make Crochet Bags: 11 Fantastic DIY Bags