20 Free Crochet Diaper Cover Patterns and Baby Crochet Patterns
By: Christine Weiher, Editor, AllFreeCrochet.com
We are adding the pattern to your Crochet Patterns.
The pattern was added to your Crochet Patterns.
Bringing home your bundle of joy for the first time is absolutely priceless. Not only are you emotional, but you also fear that you don't have a clue what you're doing. To make your journey even more exciting you might as well whip up some baby crochet patterns. Fun designs to work up for the summer are crochet diaper covers. Often times the baby can get really hot during the summer heat, so you won't want to dress the baby in very much.
A free crochet diaper cover pattern like any of the ones we have listed below is a cute way to cover up your baby's diaper, but also give the appearance of a cute little outfit when there's really not much on. Diaper covers like these make great photo props for your baby's first photo session. You might not remember all the poopy diapers you have to change, but you'll always remember the cute baby crochet patterns you worked up over time.
If you're not expecting yourself then these also make fantastic baby shower gifts.
Table of Contents
Find even more wonderful crochet baby patterns in our new free eBook, Red Heart's Best: 12 Free Baby Crochet Patterns
Free Crochet Diaper Cover Patterns
These free crochet diaper cover patterns are perfect for baby, whether you want to use it as an everyday clothing item or a special photo prop.
- Crochet Baseball Hat & Diaper CoverYour newborn will be the little all star player ever in this Crochet Baseball Hat & Diaper Cover. Work up this easy crochet pattern as a gift for a baby shower or for your own baby.
- Police Hat and Diaper SetUsing multiple crochet stitches you can work up this cute Police Hat and Diaper Set for your little one. Made for a little boy or little girl you can dress you baby up for fun photo shoots.
- Giraffe Hat and Diaper Cover SetA Giraffe Hat and Diaper Cover Set like this is so fun for baby to wear in his or her first few months. They make great photography props for your announcements. Single crochet and half double crochet stitches are all you need to know how to do in order to make this adorable crochet baby pattern.
- Mickey and Minnie Inspired Diaper CoversIf you're tired of putting you baby in boring onesies or letting them run around in just a diaper then you might be interested in these Mickey and Minnie Inspired Diaper Covers. Give your baby some style with crocheted patterns.
- Ribbed Diaper CoverMake this Ribbed Diaper Cover if you're currently expecting a new bundle of joy. This easy crochet pattern would also make a unique baby shower gift for an expectant friend. This beginner crochet pattern includes sizing instructions for a newborn baby and a 3 month old.
- Furry Baby Diaper CoverInstead of having your little one crawl around in just a diaper throw on this Furry Baby Diaper Cover. This baby crochet pattern is easy to work up and makes a great gift for a baby shower.
- Mickey Mouse Inspired Hat & Diaper CoverRelive your Disney filled childhood with this Mickey Mouse inspired baby hat and diaper cover! A perfect gift for any mommy-to-be.
- Winnie The Pooh Inspired Hat & Diaper Cover SetLearn how to create this adorable Winnie The Pooh hat and diaper cover set with this easy pattern! It would make the perfect baby shower gift, or baby photography prop!
Baby Crochet Patterns
If you want to work up some additional crochet baby patterns, aside from diaper covers, we've gathered our favorite crochet baby patterns here, from crochet baby blankets to baby bootie crochet patterns!
- Insanely Cute Crochet Baby BootiesThese Insanely Cute Crochet Baby Booties aren't like the other crochet booties you've seen. The crochet baby booties tutorial will show you how to crochet baby booties with flower petals on the top part of the sole.
- Baby Converse BootiesThis is a pair of baby Converse booties. It is a small size booties, made this for 3 to 6 months boy.
- Sailor Baby BootiesLearn how to create these adorable yet easy striped nautical baby booties, a perfect addition to any little sailor's wardrobe! Each bootie is embellished with a cute little ships wheel, to really add that extra bit of charm. These booties are easy to crochet, and the pattern includes and easy to follow pattern and multiple "How-To" photos to make the process easy and fun!
- Neutral colors and a timeless design come together to create Nana's Favorite Baby Blanket. This classic crochet afghan pattern is a perfect crochet pattern to make for any new mom, including yourself! It's essentially a very large, multicolored granny square, so its construction is simple.
- Easy Baby SandalsIt doesn't matter if your baby isn't quite mobile yet, these Easy Baby Sandals are cute to use just to keep their feet warm. If you're looking for a special and sentimental baby shower gift, this free crochet pattern also makes a great homemade gift idea for an expectant mom.
- Newborn Crochet RomperIf you're due to have a little girl during the summer season then you must make this Newborn Crochet Romper. She will look so stylish wearing Caron Simply Soft in different crochet colors. The legs have ties so you can make it a bit tighter if need be, while the straps of the outfit are tie-ups as well, so it'll remain secure. Add a flower embellishment or crochet a matching hat. This outfit is sure to turn heads when you're little one is this trendy.
- Baby Elephant Crochet HatYou don't have to visit the zoo to see elephants! Crochet your very own with this insanely cute Elephant Crochet Hat. Made with Lion Brand Heartland yarn, this crochet hat pattern was designed with newborns in mind, but it shouldn't be too hard to adjust the size.
- Crochet Baby Cowboy HatBaby hats really don't get much cuter than this. The Crochet Baby Cowboy Hat is a perfect pattern to make for the little cowboy (or cowgirl) in your life. This free crochet pattern includes directions on how to crochet six different sizes ranging from newborn to teenager.
- Mickey and Minnie Crochet HatsDress your newborn in Mickey and Minnie Crochet Hats. The crochet instructions are specifically for newborns, but gives tips on how you can make them bigger.
- Butterfly Baby SweaterIf you have a few hours to spare, make this Butterfly Baby Sweater. It's an easy crochet pattern that only takes about six hours to complete. The body of the sweater is made in one piece from the top down and the sleeves and collar are added later.
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Images from other crochet readers
Love these projects? Get MORE delivered to your Inbox – FREE Click Here!
- Preemie/Newborn Adorable Penguin Hat
- Preemie/Newborn Snowflake Hat
- My First Booties
- Preemie/Newborn Elephant Hat
- 16 Crochet Baby Patterns: Baby Hats and Cocoons
- 11 Crochet Baby Cocoon Patterns
- Crocodile Stitch Car Seat Cover
- 20 Free Crochet Diaper Cover Patterns and Baby Crochet Patterns
- Pink Lady Baby Booties
- Baby Socks/Slippers
- 11 Crochet Baby Cocoon Patterns
- 11 Granny Square Crochet Patterns for Square Crochet Project
- 7 Free Crochet Prayer Shawls
- 8 Different Crochet Stitches: Learn To Crochet Something New With Free Crochet Patterns
- Crochet Scarf Designs: Cute Crochet Scarf Patterns for all Seasons
- DIY Home Decor: 19 Free Crochet Kitchen and Dining Patterns
- Free Crochet Tips and Tricks: Organization Ideas, How to Crochet On the Go, and more
- How to Crochet Edges & Make Crochet Borders on Patterns
- Make a Crochet Cowl: 10 Crochet Cowl Patterns
- Winter Wonderland: 17 Winter Patterns to Crochet