Do you love to teach others? Do you have strong basic crochet or knit skills? Why not combine both of your passions and enroll in the Craft Yarn Council's Certified Instructor's Program? Join the thousands of knitters and crocheters who’ve already gained the knowledge and confidence to teach others through this online or in-person course!
The Certified Instructor’s Program equips crafters with the tools to share their passion for yarn with others and to “stitch it forward.” The program offers many benefits to students including increased confidence in their crochet or knitting skills and the ability to convey these skills to others. Students also gain exclusive access to the closed CIP Student and Graduate Facebook page, where they can collaborate with other CIP students and graduates.
The Certified Instructor's Program has been around since 1982 and so far more than 15,000 students have completed the course. Course graduates have gone on to teach in retail stores like Michael's and in adult education programs. They continue to share their knowledge with friends, co-workers and family. Students work with a nationally recognized Master Teacher and complete teaching hours to prove their proficiency.
About the program:
- It’s offered via correspondence and occasionally as an on-site course
- The correspondence course is divided into Level I and Level II, and students have six months to complete each level of the correspondence program
- The on-site course requires 15 hours of class time held over a series of days at the Fashion Institute of Technology in New York, and the curriculum covers both levels
- 11 Crochet Baby Cocoon Patterns
- 11 Granny Square Crochet Patterns for Square Crochet Project
- 7 Free Crochet Prayer Shawls
- 8 Different Crochet Stitches: Learn To Crochet Something New With Free Crochet Patterns
- Crochet Scarf Designs: Cute Crochet Scarf Patterns for all Seasons
- DIY Home Decor: 19 Free Crochet Kitchen and Dining Patterns
- Free Crochet Tips and Tricks: Organization Ideas, How to Crochet On the Go, and more
- How to Crochet Edges & Make Crochet Borders on Patterns
- Make a Crochet Cowl: 10 Crochet Cowl Patterns
- Winter Wonderland: 17 Winter Patterns to Crochet