Heathered Waves Crochet Super Scarf
This delightful super scarf crochet pattern is easy and perfect for winter.
Feast your eyes on subtle waves of heathered gray that feature on this Heathered Waves Crochet Super Scarf pattern. This oversized wonder of a scarf uses the ripple crochet stitch in a solid color to form an extra long and extra wide plus scarf. It's ideal for anyone, especially those who love big scarves.
This cozy pattern is easy to work up and, since it only features one color, is a breeze to make. Using just one color is a great way to show off the gentle waves on this crochet scarf, but feel free to use a different hue or to mix it up and add some different colored striped sections. However, you make this scarf, make it uniquely you!
Plus, Marly Bird, Red Heart's talented representative, will walk you through crocheting this simple super scarf in the video below. Press play to watch and then scroll down for the pattern.
Crochet HookK/10.5 or 6.5 mm hook
Yarn Weight(4) Medium Weight/Worsted Weight and Aran (16-20 stitches to 4 inches)
Crochet Gauge24 sts (2 ripples) = 7” (18 cm); 5 rows = 4” (10cm)
Finished Size 10.5” [26.5 cm] wide by 90” [228.5 cm] long
- RED HEART® Super Saver™: 3 skeins of 400 Grey Heather
- Susan Bates® Crochet Hook: 6.5mm [US K-10.5]
- Yarn needle
Row 1 (right side): Sc in second ch from hook and ea ch across. Turn- 36 sc.
Row 2: Ch 1, work in back loops only, sc in ea sc across. Turn.
Row 3: Ch 3 (counts as dc throughout), work in back loops only, dc in first st, *dc in next 3 sc, [dc2tog in next 2 sts] twice, dc in next 3 sts, 2 dc in next 2 sts**; rep from * across ending at **, 2 dc in last st. Turn—3 ripples made.
Repeat row 3 until piece measures 89” [226cm].
Last 2 rows: Ch 1, work in back loops only, sc in ea st across. Turn. Fasten off
Weave in all ends.
- [special stitch] Dc2tog (double crochet 2 together)
- *Yo, insert hook into next stitch indicated and pull up a loop, yo and draw through 2 loops on hook; repeat from * once more in next stitch indicated, yo and draw through all 3 loops on hook- 1 st decrease.
- single crochet
- double crochet
- yarn over
- right side
- wrong side
- ( )
- work directions in parentheses in same st
- [ ]
- work directions in brackets the number of times specified
Read NextEasy Infinity Scarf