Lion Brand's New Fall Collection: 15 Free Crochet Scarf Patterns, Afghan Patterns, and More
The Knook Beginner Set with Books
We are adding the pattern to your Crochet Patterns.
The pattern was added to your Crochet Patterns.
The Knook Beginner Set with Books:
Learn to Knook, Simple Scarves, Urban Hats
Gifted by: Leisure Arts
Reviewed by: Christine Weiher, editor for AllFreeCrochet.com
When I first saw the Knook close up I had no idea what to think about it. You always hear about double ended knitting needles or a cro-hook for crochet, but have you ever seen an item that is half knitting and half crochet? This is a neat little invention that will soon become your best friend. The Knook is a specialized crochet hook that has a cord threaded through a hole in the non-hook end. The cord holds the stitches while you work, allowing you to create a knitted fabric.
In this beginner set you will be provided with not one, but three knooks at sizes 4.0mm, 5.0mm and 5.5mm. You will also get three 36" long cords and a How-to-Knook instruction booklet. The kit includes four beginner projects (Infinity Scarf, Spa Cloth, Baby Blanket and Diamond Lap Throw) that can be worked up with worsted weight yarn.
If this kit alone doesn't strike your fancy then what about getting some amazing books to go with it? Learn to Knook is the first book I recommend you get. If you don't quite understand the instructions given in the beginner kit, this book is sure to help you out. Not only are there great projects to choose from, but there are written and pictured step by step instructions for you to follow. Once you get the hang of knooking you can move on to the next easy project, scarves! In Simple Scarves, you get just that, simple scarves. There are nine beautiful scarf designs by Margret Willson, all of which are quick and easy to work up. Again, pictured examples of how to knook are given. Each pattern is only a couple rows and takes up just one page in the book; they're that easy!
Not looking to make scarves? Check out Urban Hats, seven designs by Lisa Gentry. These hat patterns are great for the winter and make great gifts. Use your new skillset of knooking to make some amazing new designs. Each hat comes with materials and a full pattern, along with a beautifully colored photo. My favorite is the Tassel Hat on page 20. It looks so fun with its variegated colors and self striping design. The tassels on each end make it modern and chic!
Have I sold you yet? Try the Knook today and learn to knit with a crochet hook! The beginner kit is a great way to get started and the books will give you endless possibilities.
Ready to learn how to knook? Pick up your own beginner set at CutRateCrafts!
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Pattern of the Day
Take all the romance of knights and folk heroes like Robin Hood and you'll get the Maid Marion Lace Crochet Shawl. Imagine yourself… Continue reading: "Maid Marion Lace Crochet Shawlvideocam"
- Lion Brand Homespun Yarn
- Enter to win a set of Deborah Norville Birchwood Crochet Hooks!
- Lion Brand Heartland Yarn
- Enter to win the Downton Abbey Yarn Collection!
- Red Heart Boutique Swanky Yarn
- Lion Brand Unique Yarn
- Win Patons Metallic Yarn!
- Bernat Satin Yarn
- Win Aunt Lydia's Classic Crochet Thread!
- Chance to win Candy Shop Yarn!
- 11 Crochet Baby Cocoon Patterns
- 11 Granny Square Crochet Patterns for Square Crochet Project
- 7 Free Crochet Prayer Shawls
- 8 Different Crochet Stitches Volume I eBook
- Crochet Scarf Designs: Cute Crochet Scarf Patterns for all Seasons
- DIY Home Decor: 19 Free Crochet Kitchen and Dining Patterns
- Free Crochet Tips and Tricks: Organization Ideas, How to Crochet On the Go, and more
- How to Crochet Edges & Make Crochet Borders on Patterns
- Make a Crochet Cowl: 10 Crochet Cowl Patterns
- Scrap Yarn Crochet Patterns: 11 Free Stash Busters