30 Free Crochet Hat Patterns
By: The Editors at AllFreeCrochet.com
We are adding the pattern to your Crochet Patterns.
The pattern was added to your Crochet Patterns.
Free crochet hat patterns are useful year-round, so if you find a cute pattern hold on to it. When you think of a crocheted hat, you usually think it's really warm and only meant for the cold winter months. You don't have to think that anymore, because crochet hats can be used for the spring and summer months, too. You'd be surprised at how many cute patterns you can find. Yarn is often soft and warm, but there are a few yarns that are light and will keep your head cool from the sun. Here you can find many free crochet hat patterns you'll enjoy for every season. We even have crochet hat patterns for men, including crochet beanie patterns.
Table of Contents
When we said hold on to your cute patterns, we meant it. Access the best crochet hat patterns any time by downloading our free eBook,
Free Crochet Hat Patterns: Summer
- Breast Cancer Awareness Slouch HatThis Breast Cancer Awareness Slouch Hat is the best kind of free crochet patterns you can possibly make. Help show your support for Breast Cancer and crochet this beautiful hat. No matter who you are, wearing pink to show how much you care for a cause that affects so many people is very important.
- Cool Spring Crochet HatDeck yourself out in the colors of spring with this funky cap. Cool Spring Crochet Hat brings a little touch of spring to the coldest months of winter. Add a pop of color to your winter wardrobe with this brightly colored crochet hat pattern.
- Crochet Sunlight HatThis Crochet Sunlight Hat is great for sitting outside to shade you from the sun. You can learn how to crochet a hat with this crochet hat tutorial. This crochet hat with a brim will protect your face and skin from harmful rays. You can wear this crochet hat to the beach and even dress it up with a sundress.
- Quick Flower HatThis cute Quick Flower Hat for teens, tweens, and adults alike features a quick construction and a pretty crochet flower embellishment. This crochet hat pattern would make a great gift any time of year. Use any color worsted weight yarn to complete this crochet hat to look stylish and trendy without breaking the bank.
- Rainbow Stripes Sun HatWork up this Rainbow Stripes Sun Hat for you, your teen, and your toddler. The instructions come in different sizes so that you can keep the fun going throughout the family, just make sure to change your hook size when you do so. The rainbow stripes make for a super fun hat that is perfect for shielding you from the summer sun and you can even arrange the colors however you want.
- Pineapple Stitch BeanieThis Pineapple Stitch Beanie will be your best friend on bad hair days this summer. It's snug, light, and cute. After you've made this crochet beanie pattern, you'll have the perfect cover-up for outdoor exercise, too.
- Ultimate Summer HatThis fashionable hat is truly the Ultimate Summer Hat. It will keep you looking good while shielding the sun from your face. Mix and match Bernat Mosaic yarn to suit your personal style. This is an easy crochet pattern to complete with an I hook.
- Natural Colored Floppy Brim HatWith this free crochet hat pattern, you can make a Natural Colored Floppy Brim Hat. Wear your new hat to the beach while keeping the sun out of your eyes. This hat uses Coats & Clark Crochet Nylon in Natural, but you can use any color you wish; make it match your bathing suit!
Free Crochet Hat Patterns: Winter
- Bike Helmet Ear WarmersThis free crochet pattern is brilliant. Now you can ride your bike in the winter months without your ears freezing.
- Bold Blue Earflap HatIf you want to look unforgettable, you can't do better than Bold Blue Earflap Hat. It's bright, cheerful, and it's got huge, fun tassels!
- Easy Stripe HatThis crochet hat pattern display two different versions: a blue/green version and a pink/red version. You could even customize the look of these crochet hats by using whatever yarn color combination you want. These easy crochet hats are made using crochet thread for a detailed result.
- Snowy RidgesThis Snowy Ridges hat is a beautiful crochet pattern. A J crochet hook enables you to make this great pattern easily using worsted weight yarn.
- Ice Queen CapWork up this Ice Queen Cap just in time for the cold winter months. Using just one ball of traditional worsted weight yarn in any yarn color of your choice, this crochet hat pattern is the perfect winter accessory.
- Snowstorm Crochet HatPrepare yourself for the winter weather with this stylish Snowstorm Crochet Hat. Whether you're hitting the slopes this year or just running errands around town, this crochet hat pattern will definitely shield your face from the harsh winter elements.
Crochet Hat Patterns for Men
- Angry Bird HatLearn how to crochet hats this winter season with a fun Angry Bird Hat. This hat can be worn by children or adults.
- Blue Smurf HatIf you watched the Smurfs growing up or even introduced your children to them now with the new movie, you'll love this Blue Smurf Hat. Wear this crochet hat pattern with a smile on your face, you won't be able to stop yourself from singing a happy tune.
- Cozy Cable CapThis Cozy Cable Cap is thick and warm for the coldest winter days. The ear flaps provides extra warmth that you'll appreciate when the wind blows. This intermediate crochet hat pattern can be made for both boys and girls. Add this to your winter to-do list to ensure you aren't left out in the cold this year.
- Dual Color Crochet HatFingering or sport weight yarn is used to make this Dual Color Crochet Hat. A free crochet pattern like this one is worked in rounds and can be done in just one night.
- Simple Baseball CapWhether or not he's heading to the baseball stadium this summer, this Simple Baseball Cap is a great crochet hat pattern to make for the special man in your life. He'll love wearing this two-toned hat around town. For a truly customized look, choose yarn colors that coordinate with his favorite baseball team.
- Griddle Stitch BeanieWhen it comes to hats, cozy and practical is the best kind for winter. The Griddle Stitch Beanie is a free crochet hat pattern that's quick to work up and will hug your head to keep you toasty. Crochet a hat in one color or use stripes to display your favorite team's colors.
- Hubby's Favorite BeanieThis is definitely going to become your Hubby's Favorite Beanie. Make this easy crochet hat pattern for him in his favorite color and he won't want to take it off his head.
- Retro Crochet HatTurn back time with this Retro Crochet Hat. The hat's vintage vibe comes from its stripes and decorative pom pom.
Other Free Crochet Hat Patterns
- Chain Mesh BeretWear the hat everyone's wearing in a way that they've never seen before! Chain Mesh Beret is a free crochet hat pattern full of fun and originality.
- Peace Fleece Lacy BeretUse the free crochet hat pattern for this multi-colored beret to make a truly distinctive fashion statement. It's lightweight and pretty!
- Two Toned Beaked HatThis jaunty little cap is perfect for a spring night. Shield your eyes with the Two Toned Beaked Hat!
- Cloche HatCrochet this free hat pattern for you or a friend. The crocheted ribbon adds a nice embellishment. This is an easy pattern that uses worsted weight yarn and an H hook.
- Kitty Cat HatMeow! This adorable Kitty Cat Hat is too cute for words. Plus, it's super easy to crochet and quick to work up using Bernat Softee Baby yarn.
- Easy Slouchy BeanieUsing this free crochet hat pattern, you can make an Easy Slouchy Beanie. This easy crochet pattern is great for beginners that know how to crochet the magic circle.
- Headphone HatMusic lovers, this Headphone Hat is for you. Not only will it keep you warm during the winter, but it also has built-in pockets for your headphones so you can listen to music on-the-go.
Want more? Check out
44 Beginner Crochet Hat Patterns
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Images from other crochet readers
Love these projects? Get MORE delivered to your Inbox – FREE Click Here!
- 11 Crochet Baby Cocoon Patterns
- 11 Granny Square Crochet Patterns for Square Crochet Project
- 7 Free Crochet Prayer Shawls
- 8 Different Crochet Stitches: Learn To Crochet Something New With Free Crochet Patterns
- Crochet Scarf Designs: Cute Crochet Scarf Patterns for all Seasons
- DIY Home Decor: 19 Free Crochet Kitchen and Dining Patterns
- Free Crochet Tips and Tricks: Organization Ideas, How to Crochet On the Go, and more
- How to Crochet Edges & Make Crochet Borders on Patterns
- Make a Crochet Cowl: 10 Crochet Cowl Patterns
- Winter Wonderland: 17 Winter Patterns to Crochet
Our Newest Patterns & Articles
- How to Use Stitch Markers
- Zigzag Crochet Sun Hat Pattern
- Zigzag Visor Cap Crochet Pattern
- Easter Egg Crochet Mandala
- 23 Perfect Potholder Patterns
- Easy Dreamy Shawl
- One Hour Baby Booties Pattern
- 9 Months to Crochet Book Review
- Shamrock Edged Boot Cuff Pattern
- Carnival Games Cowl