Fiber artist Fayme Harper has been crocheting 45 years since her mother taught her as a child. She has also been knitting for 38 years since she learned with her left-handed father at the age of 14 from library books. Read all about Fayme in her bio. She is a third generation crochet artist, with her two daughters following in her footsteps as the fourth generation.
Being a child during the creative renaissance of hippy days, it wasn't a long stretch before she figured out designing her own projects was a lot more fun and satisfying than figuring out written patterns. She figures if she ever has enough time, she could crochet and knit an entire house. Her motto is 'Use it up, Wear it out, Make It Do or Do Without.' and thus every little tiny scrap and gauge square of knitting or crocheting ends up in a project at some point.
Her four years in college were spent taking every art class she could including pottery, oil painting, needlecrafts, and photography. Her other fiber skills include stick weaving, tatting, macrame', embroidery, needle punch, quilting and sewing. Never one to sit still for long, she also enjoys traditional archery, jewelry making, tribal belly dancing, and writing poetry and lyrics.
She lives in Southern CA with her boyfriend, who is a well-known fletcher, and their two cats Wallop and Rocky.
Videos at AllFreeCrochet
- Crocheting a Halloween Bracelet
- How to Crochet a Candy Corn Hat
- How to Cut Plarn
- How to Crochet with Raffia
- How to Crochet a Plarn Rain Hat
- How to Crochet a Holiday Scarf
- How to Crochet a Halloween Necklace
- How to Crochet a Doll Face Brooch or Ornament
- Learn How to Join Crochet Squares
- How to Crochet a Snowman Pin
- How to Crochet a Flower Magnet
- Crochet a Bunny Magnet
- How to Crochet a Bellydancing Hipband - Part 1; Part 2
- How to Crochet a Cat Toy
- How to Crochet a Circle - Part 1; Part 2
- How to Crochet a Sequin Necklace
- How to Crochet a Squid Amigurumi - Part 1; Part 2
- How to Crochet a Holiday Snood
You can also see plenty of Fayme's videos on our YouTube Channel.
Read NextMichael Sellick