Never Ending Granny Afghans: 8 Crochet Patterns with Diagrams & Video Tutorials
Navajo Inside Diamond Afghan
We are adding the pattern to your Crochet Patterns.
The pattern was added to your Crochet Patterns.
"I have made many Navajo afghans and tried something different. Colors are yours to choose from. You can fill in small diamonds by replacing Sc to Dc. Each row took around 20 mins, total time around 3 months. I am not the fastest crocheter so it took me longer. This size will fit a twin bed, planning on using it in the camper to cover a love seat. Each large diamond is 22 Sc long, so add that to increase the width or decrease to shorten."
NotesColors are to your liking, pick something that you would like to be together, like spring or fall colors, team sport colors, high school college. Traditional navajo colors are black, red, grey and white, but specializing it is what makes the pattern fun.
Crochet HookG/6 or 4 mm hook
Yarn Weight(4) Medium Weight/Worsted Weight and Aran (16-20 stitches to 4 inches)
Crochet GaugeUse a G hook.
Finished Size82" X 50"
- 3-4 7 oz of 3 colors or your choice
- 1-2 7 oz of another color for the border.
Note: Each Row is worked separately; the ending of each row is the same as the beginning of the pattern. Do not turn, leave a 4" end of yarn at the start and a minimum of 4" at the end of each row for fringe.
All single crochets [sc] are made in back 1ps of sts.
All double crochets [dc] are made in front 1ps of sts in second Row from one being worked on.
Special Note: Make sure you count out as you make your way across the rows, double check crochets at the end of each row to ensure you aligned them up correctly. Having to stop and pull out rows to correct errors will cost you time.
Start with white for border. Ch 211 and break yarn.
Rows 1-5: Sc in each st across with border color [White].
Row 6: Sc in the next 5 sc, 1 dc, [ 5 sc, 1 dc, 7 sc, 1 dc, 5 sc, 1 dc ] end with 7 sc. Repeat pattern in [ ].
Row 7: Sc in the next 6 sc, 1 dc, [ 5 sc, 1 dc, 7 sc, 1 dc, 5 sc, 1 dc ] end with 8 sc.
Row 8: Sc in the next 7 sc, 1 dc, [ 5 sc, 1 dc, 5 sc, 1 dc, 5 sc, 1 dc ] end with 9 sc.
Row 9: Sc in the next 8 sc, 1 dc, [ 5 sc, 1 dc, 3 sc, 1 dc, 5 sc, 1 dc ] end with 10 sc.
Row 10: Sc in the next 9 sc, 1 dc, [ 5 sc, 1 dc, 1 sc, 1 dc, 5 sc, 1 dc ] end with 11 sc.
Row 11: Sc in the next 4 sc, 1 dc, [ 5 sc, 1 dc, 5 sc, 1 dc, 5 sc, 1 dc ] end with 12 sc.
Row 12: Sc in the next 5 sc, 1 dc, [ 5 sc, 1 dc, 9 sc, 1 dc, 5 sc, 1 dc ] end with 5 sc, 1 dc, 7 sc.
Row 13: Sc in the next 6 sc, 1 dc, [ 5 sc, 1 dc, 7 sc, 1 dc, 5 sc, 1 dc ] end with 5 sc, 1 dc, 8 sc.
Row 14: Sc in the next 7 sc, 1 dc, [ 5 sc, 1 dc, 5 sc, 1 dc, 5 sc, 1 dc ] end with 5 sc, 1 dc, 9 sc.
Row 15: Sc in the next 8 sc, 1 dc, [ 5 sc, 1 dc, 3 sc, 1 dc, 5 sc, 1 dc ] end with 5 sc, 1 dc, 10 sc.
Row 16: Sc in the next 9 sc, 1 dc, [ 5 sc, 1 dc, 1 sc, 1 dc, 5 sc, 1 dc ] end with 5 sc, 1 dc, 11 sc.
Row 17: Sc in the next 10 sc, 1 dc, [ 5 sc, 1 dc, 5 sc, 1 dc, 9 sc, 1 dc ] end with 12 sc.
Repeat Rows 16, 15 and 14.
Repeat Rows 13, 12, 11 and 10.
Repeat Rows 9, 8 and 7.
Repeat Row 6, then begin pattern again with Row 7.
When afghan reaches desired size, rep rows 1-5 after Row 6 to complete pattern.
Trim end fringes to desired length so all strains are of equal lengths.
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Your Recently Viewed Projects
- Sapphire Star Granny Square
- Easy Primrose and Proper Crochet Blanket Pattern
- Winter Jewels Amethyst Flower Granny Square
- Aubrieta Bloom Afghan Square
- Emoji Crochet Afghan Pattern
- Modern Double Crochet V-Stitch Chunky Blanket
- Girl’s Crochet Hexagon Blanket
- Rainbow Splash Blanket
- Lazy Girl Crochet Blanket
- Heart Baby Blanket
- 11 Crochet Baby Cocoon Patterns
- 11 Granny Square Crochet Patterns for Square Crochet Project
- 7 Free Crochet Prayer Shawls
- 8 Different Crochet Stitches Volume I eBook
- Crochet Scarf Designs: Cute Crochet Scarf Patterns for all Seasons
- DIY Home Decor: 19 Free Crochet Kitchen and Dining Patterns
- Free Crochet Tips and Tricks: Organization Ideas, How to Crochet On the Go, and more
- How to Crochet Edges & Make Crochet Borders on Patterns
- Make a Crochet Cowl: 10 Crochet Cowl Patterns
- Winter Wonderland: 17 Winter Patterns to Crochet