We are adding the pattern to your Crochet Patterns.
The pattern was added to your Crochet Patterns.
Add some color to your home with this stunning Cuddly Herringbone Crochet Blanket Pattern. This cool-colored crochet afghan pattern is easy to make and features a vibrant diagonal line-design that will add excitement to any room! You can easily use the final project as a bed blanket or drape it over the back of a seat or couch. You can even make it as a gift item for someone who loves the color blue! Find out how easy this free crochet blanket pattern is to make and you'll have a fabulous piece of home decor in no time!
Notes1. Blanket is worked in 6 Strips worked from corner to corner. Strips are joined tog in Finishing.
2. To join new color, work to last loops on hook of previous color. Yoh with new color, draw through rem loops and proceed with new color.
3. Carry color not in use loosely up side of work.
4. While working Strips, be sure MC and A strands are always 2 different colors. If you reach a point where the 2 colors are the same, cut one strand and rejoin at next color change to maintain alternating stripes. You can re-attach the cut piece of yarn back at the end of the ball to avoid waste.
Crochet HookH/8 or 5 mm hook
Crochet Gauge12 sc and 13 rows = 4" [10 cm].
Finished SizeApprox 54" x 60"
- Bernat® Blanket Breezy™ (8.8 oz/250 g; 530 yds/485 m)
- Main Color (MC) High Seas (70009) - 3 balls
- Contrast A Surfs Up (70008) - 2 balls
- Size U.S. H/8 (5 mm) crochet hook or size needed to obtain gauge.
Strip (make 6 alike)
1st row: (RS). 2 sc in 2nd ch from hook. Turn.
2nd row: Ch 1. 2 sc in each of next 2 sc. Join A. Turn. 4 sc.
3rd row: With A, ch 1. 2 sc in first sc. 1 sc in each sc to last sc. 2 sc in last sc. Turn. 6 sc.
4th row: Ch 1. 2 sc in first sc. 1 sc in each sc to last sc. 2 sc in last sc. Join MC. Turn. 8 sc.
5th row: With MC, ch 1. 2 sc in first sc. 1 sc in each sc to last sc. 2 sc in last sc. Turn. 10 sc.
6th row: Ch 1. 2 sc in first sc. 1 sc in each sc to last sc. 2 sc in last sc. Join A. Turn. 12 sc. Rep 3rd to 6th rows 3 times more. Turn. 36 sc.
1st row: (RS). With A, ch 1. Sc2tog. 1 sc in each sc to last sc. 2 sc in last sc. Turn.
2nd row: Ch 1. 2 sc in first sc. 1 sc in each sc to last 2 sc. Sc2tog. Join MC. Turn.
3rd row: With MC, ch 1. Sc2tog. 1 sc in each sc to last sc. 2 sc in last sc. Turn.
4th row: Ch 1. 2 sc in first sc. 1 sc in each sc to last 2 sc. Sc2tog. Join A. Turn.
Rep 1st to 4th rows until longest side edge measures approx 54" [137 cm], ending on a 2nd row rep.
1st row: (RS). With MC, ch 1. Sc2tog. 1 sc in each sc to last 2 sc. Sc2tog. Turn. 34 sc.
2nd row: Ch 1. Sc2tog. 1 sc in each sc to last 2 sc. Sc2tog. Join A. Turn. 32 sc.
3rd row: With A, ch 1. Sc2tog. 1 sc in each sc to last 2 sc. Sc2tog. Turn. 30 sc.
4th row: Ch 1. Sc2tog. 1 sc in each sc to last 2 sc. Sc2tog. Join MC. Turn. 28 sc.
Rep 1st to 4th rows 3 times more. 4 sc.
Next row: With MC, ch 1. Sc2tog twice. Turn. 2 sc.
Next row: Ch 1. Sc2tog. Fasten off.
Joining: With MC, sew Strips tog as seen in Assembly Diagram, enclosing yarn carried up side of work and noting RS and WS are alternated to form chevron pat.
Bottom Edging: With RS facing, join MC with sl st at bottom left corner of Blanket.
1st row: (RS). Ch 1. Work 1 row of sc evenly across. Turn.
2nd row: Ch 1. 1 sc in each sc to end of row. Turn. Rep 2nd row 8 times more. Fasten off.
Top Edging: With RS facing, join MC with sl st to top right corner of Blanket.
Work as given for Bottom Edging.
Fringe: Cut strands of MC 10" [25.5 cm] long. Taking 3 strands tog, fold in half and knot into fringe in every other st across Bottom and Top Edging. Trim fringe evenly.
- Yarn over hook
- Wrong side
- Draw up a loop in each of next 2 (3) stitches. Yoh and draw through all loops on hook.
Want more ideas like this Cuddly Herringbone Crochet Blanket Pattern? Then check out these
25+ Snuggly Crochet Blanket Patterns for Beginners
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Images from other crochet readers
Pattern of the Day
Even if you've never heard of spider lace crochet, you should check out this White Spider Lace Jacket. It's fun, versatile, and light… Continue reading: "White Spider Lace Jacketvideocam"
- Dragonfly Crochet Blanket Pattern
- Luscious Lace Crochet Blanket
- Cross-Over Block Stitch Baby Blanket Crochet Pattern
- Relaxing Rainbow Crochet Blanket
- Easy Classic Granny Square
- Lazy Girl Crochet Blanket
- Super Bulky Loft Pom Baby Blanket
- Daydream Summer Blanket
- Lacy Shells Afghan in Pastels
- Brighton Blanket
- 11 Crochet Baby Cocoon Patterns
- 11 Granny Square Crochet Patterns for Square Crochet Project
- 7 Free Crochet Prayer Shawls
- 8 Different Crochet Stitches: Learn To Crochet Something New With Free Crochet Patterns
- Crochet Scarf Designs: Cute Crochet Scarf Patterns for all Seasons
- DIY Home Decor: 19 Free Crochet Kitchen and Dining Patterns
- Free Crochet Tips and Tricks: Organization Ideas, How to Crochet On the Go, and more
- How to Crochet Edges & Make Crochet Borders on Patterns
- Make a Crochet Cowl: 10 Crochet Cowl Patterns
- Winter Wonderland: 17 Winter Patterns to Crochet