Use Up Leftover Yarn: 12 Free Crochet Patterns for Scrap Yarn, Plus One Skein Wonders
Princesses and Heroes
We are adding the pattern to your Crochet Patterns.
The pattern was added to your Crochet Patterns.
Princesses & Heroes
By: Ellen Gormley
Publisher: Coats & Clark 2010
ISBN: Article RBJ27-26 UPC CODE = 73650 81571
Review By: Michael Sellick – The Crochet Crowd
To the crocheter at heart, this is a stunning achievement of creativity right before your very eyes. A mini book dedicated to creating 5 different costumes for children.
The cover of this book, Rainbow Princess child, leaves me with such joy as you know what is inside is just as imaginative and fun... not only for me as the crocheter, but whomever would be the lucky child to receive such a costume.
You can choose free crochet patterns from Garden Princess, Medieval Prince, Enchanted Princess, Modern Hero, and of course, Rainbow Princess.
You will notice some similarities between projects which makes this book nearly universal. The wrist bands for example are nearly the same in each one of the girl costumes. I think this is a plus as you don’t need to rack your brain trying to do acrobatic crochet techniques to make it work. The author has kept it simple, and yet artistically pleasing.
Of course, like any pattern you can switch the colors to create your own super hero or princess that best represents who you are doing it for. Even the cape idea that the boys are wearing could be done in all black in order to make a witches cape for Halloween.
You can buy this pattern online through Red Heart directly at http://www.redheart.com/books/princesses-heroes . The book is inexpensive and a wonderful edition to anyone’s pattern book collection where they are making gifts and ideas specifically for children.
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Our Newest Patterns & Articles
- Gingham Squares Baby Blanket
- Blue Agate Granny Square Crochet Blanket
- Chunky Ruffle Scarf
- Ferris Wheel Boho Granny Square Hat
- Crochet Cathedral Doily
- Bottom Up Shawl
- Raspberry Surprise Front Post Wine Cozy
- Chunky-like Preemie Baby Beanies
- Chunky-like Preemie Granny Square Beanies
- Heart Pixel Art Square
- 11 Crochet Baby Cocoon Patterns
- 11 Granny Square Crochet Patterns for Square Crochet Project
- 7 Free Crochet Prayer Shawls
- 8 Different Crochet Stitches: Learn To Crochet Something New With Free Crochet Patterns
- Crochet Scarf Designs: Cute Crochet Scarf Patterns for all Seasons
- DIY Home Decor: 19 Free Crochet Kitchen and Dining Patterns
- Free Crochet Tips and Tricks: Organization Ideas, How to Crochet On the Go, and more
- How to Crochet Edges & Make Crochet Borders on Patterns
- Make a Crochet Cowl: 10 Crochet Cowl Patterns
- Winter Wonderland: 17 Winter Patterns to Crochet