Use Up Leftover Yarn: 12 Free Crochet Patterns for Scrap Yarn, Plus One Skein Wonders
Happy Hook-er Book
We are adding the pattern to your Crochet Patterns.
The pattern was added to your Crochet Patterns.
Happy Hooker Stitch 'n Bitch
Publisher: Workman Publishing Company
Booked reviewed by Michael Sellick, the Crochet Crowd
Laughter... Giggles... Guilty Pleasure... are three descriptions that instantly pop into my mind when thinking of Debbie Stoller’s Happy Hooker book.
The name in itself lures you at the book store to investigate further because of the double meaning of words used on the front cover. Stitch’n Bitch is a common term amongst crafting groups as the session can be a big time gossip circle. Debbie’s cover is memorable and instantly gives smiles even before opening the book. They say never judge a book by its cover; this is one of the few that truly reflects the humor inside, but more importantly, teaching you while you snicker at the double meaning of words throughout.
To me, Debbie’s humor hits me in a way where I am giggling like a school girl when going through her book. She’s bringing back the humor and excitement of crochet. Her book’s patterns and written language will entice the younger generation to show them that fibre artistic work is fun. But for some of us old folks, it revives us to look at crochet from a different angle.
Debbie’s book at the basics of crochet with excellent pictures to know what you are doing. Though she uses fun terminology throughout the book, she references the real names so that you aren’t lost in a crafting show and someone is teasing you that you know a funky stitch name that no one has ever heard of.
Her patterns allow new crocheters to get involved and her more complex stuff gives challenges to “experienced hookers”, as she might refer to us well seasoned crocheters.
In talking to many members of The Crochet Crowd, this book is a must own. A standing ovation from us who crochet and are looking for thrill of the fibre arts! This is one of the crowning master piece to own in your crochet pattern book library.
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Our Newest Patterns & Articles
- Tide Knot Swimsuit Cover Up
- Be Kind Mini C2c Wall-hanging
- C2c Rainbow And Coffee Cup Afghan Square
- Cute Cat Coasters
- Vintage Star Crochet Granny Square
- Granny Square Blanket Cardigan
- Simple Heather Grey Cowl
- Monochrome Bias Wrap
- Changeover Crochet Cardigan
- Diagonal Granite Dishcloth
- 11 Crochet Baby Cocoon Patterns
- 11 Granny Square Crochet Patterns for Square Crochet Project
- 7 Free Crochet Prayer Shawls
- 8 Different Crochet Stitches Volume I eBook
- Crochet Scarf Designs: Cute Crochet Scarf Patterns for all Seasons
- DIY Home Decor: 19 Free Crochet Kitchen and Dining Patterns
- Free Crochet Tips and Tricks: Organization Ideas, How to Crochet On the Go, and more
- How to Crochet Edges & Make Crochet Borders on Patterns
- Make a Crochet Cowl: 10 Crochet Cowl Patterns
- Scrap Yarn Crochet Patterns: 11 Free Stash Busters