Use Up Leftover Yarn: 12 Free Crochet Patterns for Scrap Yarn, Plus One Skein Wonders
Crochet Beyond the Basics
We are adding the pattern to your Crochet Patterns.
The pattern was added to your Crochet Patterns.
Are you tired of the basics of crochet and ready to take your skills to the next level? Crochet Beyond the Basics by Rita Weiss and Susan Lowman is the perfect book for you. In this 65-page book you will learn many techniques from all over the world. The 10 techniques are Broomstick, Bruges, Filet, Hairpin, Irish, Symbol, Tapestry, Tunisian, Mosaic and Polish Stars.
With each technique you learn a little of the history behind where it came from. Every technique is explained in detail with step-by step pictures and diagrams and includes a pattern or two so you can practice your new technique.
With the 10 techniques you get 20 amazing patterns. Most are ranged intermediate level but there are some that are ranked easy like the Tunisian Bookmark. A few are experienced like the Hairpin Lace Stole. With a wide variety of techniques comes a great variety of patterns from doilies, accessories, edgings, several afghans and even ornaments. If I had to choose a pattern to start with I'd choose the Tapestry Tote Bag as it caught my eye, but so did the gorgeous Home Sweet Home Filet Crochet Wall Hanging.
If you need to make some unique gifts these would be treasured for years to come. You can also just make something for yourself to be proud of. I’m sure these new techniques and patterns will keep you busy for a while without being bored of the normal everyday crochet basics.
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Your Recently Viewed Projects
- 11 Crochet Baby Cocoon Patterns
- 11 Granny Square Crochet Patterns for Square Crochet Project
- 7 Free Crochet Prayer Shawls
- 8 Different Crochet Stitches: Learn To Crochet Something New With Free Crochet Patterns
- Crochet Scarf Designs: Cute Crochet Scarf Patterns for all Seasons
- DIY Home Decor: 19 Free Crochet Kitchen and Dining Patterns
- Free Crochet Tips and Tricks: Organization Ideas, How to Crochet On the Go, and more
- How to Crochet Edges & Make Crochet Borders on Patterns
- Make a Crochet Cowl: 10 Crochet Cowl Patterns
- Winter Wonderland: 17 Winter Patterns to Crochet