Use Up Leftover Yarn: 12 Free Crochet Patterns for Scrap Yarn, Plus One Skein Wonders
Crochet Beyond the Basics
We are adding the pattern to your Crochet Patterns.
The pattern was added to your Crochet Patterns.
Are you tired of the basics of crochet and ready to take your skills to the next level? Crochet Beyond the Basics by Rita Weiss and Susan Lowman is the perfect book for you. In this 65-page book you will learn many techniques from all over the world. The 10 techniques are Broomstick, Bruges, Filet, Hairpin, Irish, Symbol, Tapestry, Tunisian, Mosaic and Polish Stars.
With each technique you learn a little of the history behind where it came from. Every technique is explained in detail with step-by step pictures and diagrams and includes a pattern or two so you can practice your new technique.
With the 10 techniques you get 20 amazing patterns. Most are ranged intermediate level but there are some that are ranked easy like the Tunisian Bookmark. A few are experienced like the Hairpin Lace Stole. With a wide variety of techniques comes a great variety of patterns from doilies, accessories, edgings, several afghans and even ornaments. If I had to choose a pattern to start with I'd choose the Tapestry Tote Bag as it caught my eye, but so did the gorgeous Home Sweet Home Filet Crochet Wall Hanging.
If you need to make some unique gifts these would be treasured for years to come. You can also just make something for yourself to be proud of. I’m sure these new techniques and patterns will keep you busy for a while without being bored of the normal everyday crochet basics.
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Pattern of the Day
Work up this simple and easy afghan pattern with the Lazy Girl Blanket Pattern. This simple pattern works up to be the perfect, comfy… Continue reading: "Lazy Girl Crochet Blanket Patternvideocam"
- Chance to win a copy of Fun Animal Pillows!
- Win a copy of Pocket Shawls!
- Enter to win a copy of Beautiful Bookmarks
- Car Seat Blankets
- My Very First Layette
- Around The Seasons Afghans from Bernat
- 101 Crochet Stitch Patterns and Edgings
- Beginner's Guide to Crocodile Stitch
- Enter to win a copy of Boho Chic Crochet Ponchos!
- Cuddly Crochet
Our Newest Patterns & Articles
- How To Crochet Round Circles For Beginners
- C2c Llama
- Strut Your Puff Crochet Cowl
- Brave At Heart Crochet Scarf
- Crochet Monster Cake Pop Pattern
- Plush Puff Pumpkin
- Peony Large Flower
- Easy Chunky Cardigan
- A Shade Of Grey Hat
- Hopscotch Keychain
- 11 Crochet Baby Cocoon Patterns
- 11 Granny Square Crochet Patterns for Square Crochet Project
- 7 Free Crochet Prayer Shawls
- 8 Different Crochet Stitches Volume I eBook
- Crochet Scarf Designs: Cute Crochet Scarf Patterns for all Seasons
- DIY Home Decor: 19 Free Crochet Kitchen and Dining Patterns
- Free Crochet Tips and Tricks: Organization Ideas, How to Crochet On the Go, and more
- How to Crochet Edges & Make Crochet Borders on Patterns
- Make a Crochet Cowl: 10 Crochet Cowl Patterns
- Scrap Yarn Crochet Patterns: 11 Free Stash Busters