Use Up Leftover Yarn: 12 Free Crochet Patterns for Scrap Yarn, Plus One Skein Wonders
Beginners Guide to Crochet Color Work
We are adding the pattern to your Crochet Patterns.
The pattern was added to your Crochet Patterns.
Are you a beginner at crochet who is ready to take your new skill to the next level? Do you love working with a variety of color? Don’t let color changes scare you. The Beginner’s Guide to Crochet Color Work by Melissa Leapman is a great option to learn new techniques with several color work options.
In this book you will learn 4 techniques- Striping, Mosaic, Intarsia, and Woven Fair Isle. Each section starts with step-by-step instructions to the technique followed by 1 to 2 projects. There is also the extra resource of free online videos to help you see the techniques as well; just look for the camera icons.
The book includes 7 patterns consisting of a scarf, a hat, a pillow and a few afghans. The pattern detailing gives them a modern, up-to-date feel. If I had to pick one to start right now I would dive into the sampler afghan and learn all those techniques. I really like the pillow as well though, with the simple geo print design.
This booklet also includes a shopping list of exact yarns used, supplies needed, general instructions and picture guides for the more detailed stitching techniques. It's great that all the projects use commonly used medium worsted weight yarn and hooks that you likely already have. It also includes a color wheel guide for choosing color options, along with a few other ideas for choosing colors; sometimes that can be the hardest part of getting started. So grab your hooks, favorite colored yarns and learn a new color changing technique today.
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Our Newest Patterns & Articles
- Quick & Easy Pebble Christmas Tree Crochet Pattern
- Easiest Magic Circle Ever
- Star Cat Toy
- The Fun Guys
- Cevro Intarsia Pillow
- Boho Fringe Pocket Bag
- Ariel Summer Cardigan
- Baby It's Cold Outside
- How To Start Amigurumi Without A Magic Circle
- 5 Crochet Hacks
- 11 Crochet Baby Cocoon Patterns
- 11 Granny Square Crochet Patterns for Square Crochet Project
- 7 Free Crochet Prayer Shawls
- 8 Different Crochet Stitches Volume I eBook
- Crochet Scarf Designs: Cute Crochet Scarf Patterns for all Seasons
- DIY Home Decor: 19 Free Crochet Kitchen and Dining Patterns
- Free Crochet Tips and Tricks: Organization Ideas, How to Crochet On the Go, and more
- How to Crochet Edges & Make Crochet Borders on Patterns
- Make a Crochet Cowl: 10 Crochet Cowl Patterns
- Scrap Yarn Crochet Patterns: 11 Free Stash Busters