Use Up Leftover Yarn: 12 Free Crochet Patterns for Scrap Yarn, Plus One Skein Wonders
Basic Crocheting and Projects
We are adding the pattern to your Crochet Patterns.
The pattern was added to your Crochet Patterns.
Whether you're new to crocheting or you're a seasoned vet, it's always good practice to keep up with your skills. Repeating the same crochet stitch over and over will surely make you an expertise, and if you're already considered an expertise then repeating those stitches will just keep you going. Basic Crocheting and Projects is a new book out by Stackpole Books and you're going to love it.
With step-by-step instructions in both basics and advanced, you'll find skills like bobbles, Fair Isle, Tunisian crochet, motif designs and tapestry crochet in this book. There are 20 skill-building projects from crocheted scarves and shawls to bags, blankets and more.
In the first half of Basic Crocheting and Projects you will find all the step-by-step photos and instructions you'll need for each stitch. The photos are clear and concise making them easy to follow and learn. In the second half of the book you'll see beautiful crochet patterns you'll want to get started on right away.
On page 86 are Fair Isle Fingerless Mitts that I cannot stop staring at. The mitts are an intermediate crochet pattern that uses Cascade Heritage Yarn in three coordinating colors. There's a chart provided to help you work up the mitts as beautifully as you can. On page 96 is a stunning Cascading Beads Shawl; it screams drama. With silvery beads and silk merino lace yarn in a purplish pink hue, you are bound to work up this masterpiece. Working in the back loops only of the non-beaded rows will help the beads stand out. This piece is worked from the top down and teaches you how to string the beads for the best result.
In the back of the book are resources to help you through the patterns. Learn about the crochet abbreviations master list, standard body measurements and sizing, the standard yarn weight system and more. This book is chock full of everything you need for any time of year. With a guide book like this all you have to do is grab some yarn, a hook, and start crocheting!
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Pattern of the Day
Work up this simple and easy afghan pattern with the Lazy Girl Blanket Pattern. This simple pattern works up to be the perfect, comfy… Continue reading: "Lazy Girl Crochet Blanket Patternvideocam"
- Chance to win a copy of Fun Animal Pillows!
- Win a copy of Pocket Shawls!
- Enter to win a copy of Beautiful Bookmarks
- Car Seat Blankets
- My Very First Layette
- Around The Seasons Afghans from Bernat
- 101 Crochet Stitch Patterns and Edgings
- Beginner's Guide to Crocodile Stitch
- Enter to win a copy of Boho Chic Crochet Ponchos!
- Cuddly Crochet
Our Newest Patterns & Articles
- How To Crochet Round Circles For Beginners
- C2c Llama
- Strut Your Puff Crochet Cowl
- Brave At Heart Crochet Scarf
- Crochet Monster Cake Pop Pattern
- Plush Puff Pumpkin
- Peony Large Flower
- Easy Chunky Cardigan
- A Shade Of Grey Hat
- Hopscotch Keychain
- 11 Crochet Baby Cocoon Patterns
- 11 Granny Square Crochet Patterns for Square Crochet Project
- 7 Free Crochet Prayer Shawls
- 8 Different Crochet Stitches Volume I eBook
- Crochet Scarf Designs: Cute Crochet Scarf Patterns for all Seasons
- DIY Home Decor: 19 Free Crochet Kitchen and Dining Patterns
- Free Crochet Tips and Tricks: Organization Ideas, How to Crochet On the Go, and more
- How to Crochet Edges & Make Crochet Borders on Patterns
- Make a Crochet Cowl: 10 Crochet Cowl Patterns
- Scrap Yarn Crochet Patterns: 11 Free Stash Busters