The Cutest Chevron Stroller Blankie
The Cutest Chevron Stroller Blankie has got to be one of the best crochet baby blanket patterns you can find. It's the perfect size not only for your baby on any given day, but also any time they are in the stroller.
Use this baby blanket crochet pattern when you're trying to change a pesky diaper in public, going for a stroll in the park, or laying down for a nap at home. Chevron patterns are ever-popular and bring adorable colored stripes into your baby's life. Learn how to crochet a baby blanket to always have one on hand.
Notes1. Blankie is worked in a ripple crochet pattern. The ripple pattern is easy to do, but it’s important to remember that you may need to work several rows before the ripple pattern becomes clear. The ripple pattern consists of alternating peaks and valleys. Take care to keep the peaks and valleys of each row aligned.
2. When working in ripple crochet, your piece probably won’t lay flat until you’ve worked a few rows (how many rows depends on your yarn and gauge).
Crochet HookG/6 or 4 mm hook
Yarn Weight(3) Light/DK (21-24 stitches to 4 inches)
Crochet Gauge2 ripples = about 4 in. (10 cm) measured from peak to peak.
Finished SizeAbout 24 x 32 in. (61 x 81 cm)
- 923-202 Lion Brand Ice Cream: Lemon Swirl balls
- Lion Brand Crochet Hook - Size G-6 (4 mm)
- Lion Brand Large-Eye Blunt Needles (Set of 6)
Don't forget to give this Cozy and Easy Crochet Baby Blanket a try next!
Row 1: Work 2 sc in 2nd ch from hook, sc in next 2 ch, *(sc2tog) twice, sc in next 2 ch, 2 sc in each of next 2 ch, sc in next 2 ch; rep from * to last 7 ch, (sc2tog) twice, sc in next 2 ch, 2 sc in last ch. At the end of Row 1, you will have 13 ripples.
Row 2: Ch 1, turn, 2 sc in first st, sc in next 2 sts, *(sc2tog) twice, sc in next 2 sts, 2 sc in each of next 2 sts, sc in next 2 sts; rep from * to last 7 sts, (sc2tog) twice, sc in next 2 sts, 2 sc in last st.
Rep Row 2 until piece measures about 32 in. (81.5 cm) from beginning.
Weave in ends.
- sc2tog (sc 2 sts together)
- Insert hook into st and draw up a loop. Insert hook into next st and draw up a loop. Yarn over, draw through all 3 loops on hook – 1 st decreased.
Read NextAddicting Crochet Baby Blanket