Red Valentine Roses
By: Eva Ferrebee
We are adding the pattern to your Crochet Patterns.
The pattern was added to your Crochet Patterns.
Using this Valentine crochet pattern you can make many sizes of Red Valentine Roses. Give the roses as a big bouquet, turn it into a brooch or wear it as a headpiece. This project is versatile allowing you to make what you want with it.
Crochet Hook: H/8 or 5 mm hook
Yarn Weight: (4) Medium Weight/Worsted Weight and Aran (16-20 stitches to 4 inches)
- Crochet Hook Size H/8 5.00mm
- Yarn needle
- 4-ply worsted yarn (your choice, small amounts)
Completed Large Rose approximately 2 to 3 inches diameter
Stitches Used: Slip Knot, Chain, Single Crochet, Double Crochet
Leave a long tail (for sewing) at beginning
Row 1: Double Crochet in 4th Chain from the hook, Chain 2, 2 Double Crochet in same space. *Chain 1, Skip 2 chains. In next chain, 2 Double Crochet, 2 Chain, 2 Double Crochet (all in same chain) Repeat from * to the end. Chain 1 and turn
Row 2: Slip stitch through the first Chain 2 space. Chain 3 (counts as first Double Crochet) 6 Double Crochet in same chain 2 space. *Single Crochet in Chain 1 space, 7 Double Crochet in next Chain 2 space. Repeat from * to the end. Fasten Off
To Finish: Thread the tail of the yarn onto your yarn needle. As you roll the piece to create the shape of your rose, stitch along the starting chain (botton) to keep the rose shape. Bury ends (Note: you may leave ends long for use in attaching to other projects)
NOTE: Your roses and rose buds will appear different in relation to the tension you use in both rolling and sewing. Size will also be affected using different size hooks and yarn.
To Make Rosebuds: Using the same instructions as above.
Small rosebud use a chain of 12.
Medium rosebud use a chain of 15
Small Rose use a chain of 21
Medium Rose use a chain of 34
Images from other crafters
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Love these projects? Get MORE delivered to your Inbox – FREE Click Here!
- 16 Easy Summer Crochet Patterns
- 22 Popular Free Crochet Patterns
- 25 Quick and Thrifty Free Crochet Patterns
- 8 Different Crochet Stitches: Learn To Crochet Something New With Free Crochet Patterns
- 9 Free 4th of July Crochet Patterns
- DIY Accessories to Crochet: DIY Jewelry And Crochet Belts
- DIY Home Decor: 19 Free Crochet Kitchen and Dining Patterns
- How to Crochet Edges & Make Crochet Borders on Patterns
- How to Crochet, Volume 1: Free Beginner Crochet Patterns
- How to Make Crochet Bags: 11 Fantastic DIY Bags
Our Newest Patterns & Articles
- No-Calorie Ice Cream Cone
- Hippie Holidays Vest
- Victorian Christmas Placemat
- Olaf the Snowman Crochet Pattern
- Victorian Christmas Coaster
- Frankenstein Child Headband
- Magical Tooth Fairy Pillow
- Poinsettia Christmas Coasters
- Christmas Crochet Angel
- Season of Giving Headband