Thanks for signing up!
How To Crochet A Simple Center Piece
We are adding the pattern to your Crochet Patterns.
The pattern was added to your Crochet Patterns.
Learn how to crochet a simple center piece for the holidays. Only one skein of yarn is used for this free crochet pattern. To accompany this pattern there are two fabulous videos.
- Bernat Softee Chunky 1 Skein
- Size J Hook, or 6.0 mm
Create Slip Knot and Chain 4. Slip hook through the starting chain, then slip stitch to form a ring.
Chain 3, then Double Crochet 11 Times around the ring. Slip stitch the final to the top of the chain 3.
Chain 3, then Put 1 Double Crochet where you began the chain up, then place 2 Double Crochet into each stitch around the circle. Slip Stitch at the end. This will double your size.
Chain 3, then Put 1 Double Crochet into the next stitch, then *put 2 Double Crochet into the next stitch, then place 1 Double Crochet into the next stitch and repeat from * all the way around, slip stitch at the end. In the tutorial Mikey says this is the 1 - 2 Ratio.
Chain 3, then Put 1 Double crochet into the next 2 stitches, then put 2 Double Crochet into the next stitch, then place 1 Double Crochet into the next 2 stitches, repeat from * all the way around. Slip stitch at the end. In tutorials this is the 2 - 2 Ratio.
Chain 3, Mikey demonstrates going behind the stitches on the 3rd string. It creates an obvious pattern line. See video if confused by this. *Put 1 Double Crochet into the next 3 strings behind the stitches, then put 2 Double Crochet into the next string repeat from *. Slip stitch at the end, Mikey refers to this as the 3 - 2 Ratio.
Chain 3, Create a ruffle. Place 3 Double Crochet into each stitch on the circle. Place the stitches as normal. Slip stitch at the end.
Chain 1, then *chain 3, place 1 Single Crochet into the very next stitch and repeat from *. This makes the edges look random and no so uniform. Slip stitch at the end.
Cast off using a weaving technique.
Creative Director of The Crochet Crowd
Images from other crafters
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Love these projects? Get MORE delivered to your Inbox – FREE Click Here!
- How to Crochet the Magic Circle + 11 Magical Patterns
- How to Crochet the Tunisian Stitch + 8 Easy Patterns
- Button Tutorial
- How to Finish a Crochet Pattern: Weaving in Ends
- How to Crochet Borders and Edging
- How to Crochet the Crocodile Stitch: Crocodile Stitch Patterns
- 13 Basic Crochet Stitches
- Crochet Stitches: How to Filet Crochet
- Star Stitch Crochet Tutorial
- How to Start a Skein of Yarn
- 16 Easy Summer Crochet Patterns
- 22 Popular Free Crochet Patterns
- 25 Quick and Thrifty Free Crochet Patterns
- 8 Different Crochet Stitches: Learn To Crochet Something New With Free Crochet Patterns
- 9 Free 4th of July Crochet Patterns
- DIY Accessories to Crochet: DIY Jewelry And Crochet Belts
- DIY Home Decor: 19 Free Crochet Kitchen and Dining Patterns
- How to Crochet Edges & Make Crochet Borders on Patterns
- How to Crochet, Volume 1: Free Beginner Crochet Patterns
- How to Make Crochet Bags: 11 Fantastic DIY Bags
Our Newest Patterns & Articles
- No-Calorie Ice Cream Cone
- Hippie Holidays Vest
- Victorian Christmas Placemat
- Olaf the Snowman Crochet Pattern
- Victorian Christmas Coaster
- Frankenstein Child Headband
- Magical Tooth Fairy Pillow
- Poinsettia Christmas Coasters
- Christmas Crochet Angel
- Season of Giving Headband