FREE! Crochet Patterns delivered to your inbox every Friday from LeisureArts.com. Join thousands of other crocheters who have already signed up. Subscribe today!
Thanks for signing up!
Chunky Adult Slippers
By: Emi Harrington
We are adding the pattern to your Crochet Patterns.
The pattern was added to your Crochet Patterns.
Learn how to crochet an adorable pair of Chunky Adult Slippers with this easy to follow tutorial. Single crochet is worked to the finishing touch. Add a button, a flower or even a pom pom to add a fun embellishment to your cute new slipper.
Crochet Hook: M/13 or 9 mm hook
Yarn Weight: (4) Medium Weight/Worsted Weight and Aran (16-20 stitches to 4 inches)
- Worsted weight yarn, approx. 50 grams.
- Crochet Hook, size 9mm (US M)
- Yarn needle
- Optional: buttons, flower, pom-pom
Instructions: Gauge 2 sc = 1 inch
Working with 2 strands of worsted weight yarn, and a size 9mm crochet hook: chain 2, make 9 double crochet in the 2nd stitch from the hook, slip stitch to join.
Chain 1 and turn, make 2 single crochet in each stitch around, slip stitch to join. (18 stitches)
Chain1 and turn, single crochet in each stitch around, slip stitch to join. (18 stitches)
Repeat step 3 until the slipper fits approximately 1/3 across your foot.
Begin the sides:
Chain 1 and turn, single crochet in each stitch across. Do not slip stitch to join.
Repeat step 5 until the work is long enough to reach to the back of the heel.
Fold the work in half, and slip stitch the heel end of the slipper closed.
Weave all yarn ends into the finished work.
Note: The yarn end in the front of the slipper can be used to close up the hole.
Sew a button, flower, or pom-pom on the slipper.
Images from other crafters
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Love these projects? Get MORE delivered to your Inbox – FREE Click Here!
- 16 Easy Summer Crochet Patterns
- 22 Popular Free Crochet Patterns
- 25 Quick and Thrifty Free Crochet Patterns
- 8 Different Crochet Stitches: Learn To Crochet Something New With Free Crochet Patterns
- 9 Free 4th of July Crochet Patterns
- DIY Accessories to Crochet: DIY Jewelry And Crochet Belts
- DIY Home Decor: 19 Free Crochet Kitchen and Dining Patterns
- How to Crochet Edges & Make Crochet Borders on Patterns
- How to Crochet, Volume 1: Free Beginner Crochet Patterns
- How to Make Crochet Bags: 11 Fantastic DIY Bags