Thanks for signing up!
We are adding the pattern to your Crochet Patterns.
The pattern was added to your Crochet Patterns.
This Summer Shawl is light enough to keep you cool while covering your shoulders and making you look chic. Try making this simple crochet pattern today. It's a great addition to any woman's summer wardrobe. This crocheted shawl is made using a size K crochet hook and any color worsted weight yarn of your choice. This crocheted wearable is versatile enough to take you from the office to dinner downtown.
Crochet Hook: K/10.5 or 6.5 mm hook
Yarn Weight: (4) Medium Weight/Worsted Weight and Aran (16-20 stitches to 4 inches)
- Crochet hook: US size K/10.5 (6.5mm); tapestry needle (tn)
- Caron International’s Feathers (65% acrylic / 35% nylon; 1.75oz / 50g, 70yd / 64m): 8 skeins #0009 Sandpiper
In pattern st, 5 [dc, ch 1] and 5 rows = 4"/10 cm
Pattern stitch is very flexible; Gauge is not crucial for this project.
Double crochet (dc)
Single crochet (sc)
Triple crochet (tr)
Slip stitch (sl st)
Ch 4; join with a sl st to first ch to form a ring.
Row 1: Ch 4 (counts as tr), work 2 dc, 1 tr in ring, turn—4 sts.
Row 2: Ch 4 (counts as tr, ch 1), work [1 dc in space between sts, ch 1] twice, work [dc, ch 1, tr] in turning ch (inc), turn—5 sts/4 ch-1 spaces.
Row 3: Ch 4 (counts as tr ch-1), [dc, ch 1, dc] in first ch-1 space (inc), ch 1, * dc in next ch-1 space, ch 1; repeat from * to turning ch, work [dc, ch 1, tr] in turning ch (inc), turn—7 sts/6 ch-1 spaces.
Repeat Row 3, increasing 2 sts each row until there are 83 sts/82 ch-1 spaces; do not break yarn, turn.
Continuing along upper edge, ch 1, work 1 sc in first ch-1 space, * 3 dc in next ch-1 space, sc in next ch-1 space; repeat from * to turning ch, end 1 sc in turning ch; do NOT break yarn, do NOT turn.
Ch 15, sc in same space as last sc (turning ch); continuing along side edge, * ch 15, sc in next space; repeat from * around, working [ch 15, sc in beginning ring] twice to turn the corner; join with a sl st to first sc of Shell edging.
Images from other crafters
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Love these projects? Get MORE delivered to your Inbox – FREE Click Here!
- 16 Easy Summer Crochet Patterns
- 22 Popular Free Crochet Patterns
- 25 Quick and Thrifty Free Crochet Patterns
- 8 Different Crochet Stitches: Learn To Crochet Something New With Free Crochet Patterns
- 9 Free 4th of July Crochet Patterns
- DIY Accessories to Crochet: DIY Jewelry And Crochet Belts
- DIY Home Decor: 19 Free Crochet Kitchen and Dining Patterns
- How to Crochet Edges & Make Crochet Borders on Patterns
- How to Crochet, Volume 1: Free Beginner Crochet Patterns
- How to Make Crochet Bags: 11 Fantastic DIY Bags