If you love the look & warm personal touch of country decorating, then you'll love Country Sampler; a unique source for crafts & home décor accessories for purchase. Plus, home tours of delightful traditional & folk-art primitive country homes! Get one issue to preview and 3 additional issues for just $12 (a bill will be sent at the same time as your first issue).
YES! I want a full year of Crochet World (plus one free issue); bill me later for ONLY $21.97 + $1.98 delivery. That's 7 issues for the price of 6! I can cancel, keep the free issue, and owe nothing.
Thanks for signing up!
Floppy Sun Hat
By: Tristan Malcolm
We are adding the pattern to your Crochet Patterns.
The pattern was added to your Crochet Patterns.
Make a fabulous Floppy Sun Hat with this free crochet hat pattern. Work the hat in rounds using double crochet and you'll have a hat ready in no time. Take your newly crocheted sun hat to the beach and have a relaxing day.
Crochet Hook: J/10 or 6 mm hook
Yarn Weight: (4) Medium Weight/Worsted Weight and Aran (16-20 stitches to 4 inches)
- 6.00 mm Crochet Hook
- 1 Skein of Yarn
- Yarn Needle
Ch 3, sl st in 1st ch to form ring.
Round 1: ch 3 (counts as dc), dc 9 times in the center of the ring for a total of 10 dc's. sl st at the top of the ch 3.
Round 2: ch 3 (counts as dc), dc in the same st as last sl st. dc 2 times in each st until there is a total of 20 dc's. sl st at the top of the ch 3.
Round 3: ch 3 (counts as dc), dc in the same st as last sl st. *dc in next st. dc 2 times in next*. repeat ** until there is a total of 30 dc's. sl st at the top of the ch 3.
Round 4: ch 3 (counts as dc), dc in the same st as last sl st. *dc in the next 2. dc 2 times in next st*. repeat ** until there is a total of 40 dc's. sl st at the top of the ch 3.
Round 5 to desired circumference of head: Keep crocheting in this method until the hat measures the circumference of the persons head.
For round 5 should have a total of 50 dc's.
For round 6 should have a total of 60 dc's.
Circumference to desired length: ch 3 (counts as dc), dc crochet in each st across. sl st at the top of the ch 3.
Round 1: ch 3 (counts as dc), dc in the same st as last sl st. dc 2 times in each st until you have gone all the way around. sl st at the top of the ch 3.
Round 2: ch 3 (counts as dc), dc in same st a s last sl st. *dc in next st. dc 2 times in next st*. repeat ** until you have gone all the way around. sl st at the top of the ch 3. Fasten off.
Images from other crafters
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Love these projects? Get MORE delivered to your Inbox – FREE Click Here!
- Fall Crochet: 16 Free Crochet Patterns eBook
- Summer Crochet Patterns: 16 Easy Summer Crochet Patterns
- 100 Free Crochet Patterns for Winter: Free Crochet Hat Patterns, Scarves, Blankets and More!
- 1920s Fashion: 17 Free Vintage Patterns to Crochet
- Lion Brand's New Fall Collection: 15 Free Crochet Scarf Patterns, Afghan Patterns, and More
- Free Crochet Patterns for Every Season: 17 DIY Accessories + Crochet Clothing Patterns
- 18 Butterfly Crochet Patterns for Spring
- Pumpkin Patch Edging
- Crochet Rain Boots
- 16 Easy Summer Crochet Patterns
- 22 Popular Free Crochet Patterns
- 25 Quick and Thrifty Free Crochet Patterns
- 8 Different Crochet Stitches: Learn To Crochet Something New With Free Crochet Patterns
- 9 Free 4th of July Crochet Patterns
- DIY Accessories to Crochet: DIY Jewelry And Crochet Belts
- DIY Home Decor: 19 Free Crochet Kitchen and Dining Patterns
- How to Crochet Edges & Make Crochet Borders on Patterns
- How to Crochet, Volume 1: Free Beginner Crochet Patterns
- How to Make Crochet Bags: 11 Fantastic DIY Bags
Our Newest Patterns & Articles
- No-Calorie Ice Cream Cone
- Hippie Holidays Vest
- Victorian Christmas Placemat
- Olaf the Snowman Crochet Pattern
- Victorian Christmas Coaster
- Frankenstein Child Headband
- Magical Tooth Fairy Pillow
- Poinsettia Christmas Coasters
- Christmas Crochet Angel
- Season of Giving Headband