38 Snowman Decorations and Crochet Snowflakes
By: Jessica Farris, Editor, AllFreeCrochet.com
We are adding the pattern to your Crochet Patterns.
The pattern was added to your Crochet Patterns.
The wind is howling and a frosty chill nips at fingers and toes as the sun sets. We keep an eye on the winter storm tracker, and the kids hold their breath before bed. When the dawn breaks, a pristine layer of powdery snow sets the ground alight—smooth, clean and glistening in the dawn. A snow day! Don’t worry about the warnings on the winter storm tracker; just think of the snowmen and sledding of your youth while you keep warm with these lovely snowflake crochet patterns and snowman crochet patterns!
If you’re not particularly fond of the sensation of snow in your shoes, try these lovely winter crochet patterns instead. The snowflake crochet patterns in this collection will help you bring the lovely fractals of winter weather indoors to your winter home décor, and the snowman crochet patterns are a great way to build your own frosty friend without suffering from frostbite. Indeed, the snowman decorations below are perfect for all your winter decoration needs. Some of these would even make fabulous homemade Christmas gifts.
38 Snowman Decorations and Crochet Snowflakes
Table of Contents
The weather outside may be freezing and frightful, but you can make these winter crochet patterns from your favorite place by a roaring fire. Make a crochet snowflake pattern as a gift, a motif, or a homemade decoration to help you enjoy a long winter without exposure to sub-zero temperatures. If you have Christmas at home, these patterns and designs are sure to be the topic of conversation.
- Frost: This dainty little frosty snowflake can be used for gifts, snowflake ornaments or embellishments for winter apparel. Add this lovely crochet snowflake pattern to a sweater for a seasonal fashion statement.
- Winter Star 6-Inch Square: With this basic piece, you can create elaborate and colorful crochet afghan patterns. This lovely snowflake design adds a complex and professional touch to any crochet throw.
- 8 Points Round Ripple Blanket: This lovely ripple blanket looks just like a snowflake, only it’s far softer and cozier. Give this afghan with a snowflake crochet pattern as a gift or wrap up in it with a cup of cocoa.
- Sparkle Snowflake Applique: The appliqué in this tutorial makes an adorable addition to clothing and other winter crochet patterns. It’s a great seasonal project for the cold winter months.
- Dainty Snowflake Table Runner: Afford your dinner table a professional atmosphere with this lovely table runner. Winter crochet patterns like this one are excellent for entertaining.
- Sparkling Snowflake: Snowflake crochet patterns with sparkles look just like real snowflakes and add a bit of pizzazz to your projects, so use this one to decorate the house or to add to a gift.
- Holiday Snowflake Scarf From Red Heart Yarn: Free crochet scarf patterns like this are the epitome of winter style. Fashionable and functional, this lovely winter scarf is an excellent way to ward off the chill without extra bulk.
- Snowflake Breeze Squares: These crochet afghan squares make crochet afghan patterns a breeze! Put one together for your winter home décor as a classy accent piece.
- Beaded Snowflake: Try this beaded crochet snowflake pattern for a lovely motif or winter decoration.
- Snowflake and Cookie Coaster: Winter crochet patterns like this one make lovely accent pieces for your home and dinner table. Avoid unsightly rings on wooden surfaces with a quick and cute crocheted coaster.
We also have thirteen more snowflake crochet patterns in our collection 13 Crochet Christmas Ornaments: Snowflakes. If you’re specifically looking for ornaments and decorations for winter, take a look at the dazzling cascade of crocheted snowflakes in the collection. The complex beauty of every crochet snowflake pattern in this compilation will transform your home into a winter wonderland, even after Christmas!
Snowman decorations like these are easy and fun to make for friends and family. Snowman softies, ornaments, motifs and more add a precious accent to any of your winter crochet patterns without soggy snow invading your home. For people who live in place without a white winter, these projects are a festive reminder of winter weather.
- Chilly Crochet Snowman: Try making an adorable stuffed snowman with snowman crochet patterns like this one. This little guy is too cute with his button eyes and bright red scarf!
- Snowman Ornament: Trim the tree with adorable snowman crochet patterns like this one. Even if there isn’t enough snow on the ground to build a snowman, you can still enjoy the appearance of one upon your tree.
- Amigurumi Snowman Toy: This soft stuffed snowman toy is too cute! Add it to a child’s gift or use it as an accent piece in your home. Snowman decorations like this are soft, squeezable and perfect for winter.
- Snowman Candy Holder: Your snowman decorations are sweet, so add some candy to make them all the sweeter. This little snowman ornament clutches a candy cane!
- His First Snowman: Winter crochet patterns like this cute snowman project from Red Heart Yarn make perfect gifts and home decorations, and they’re soft enough for kids to touch and play.
- Crochet Snowman Motif: This snowman motif makes a precious addition to an afghan or a pretty winter sweater. This happy snowman motif is wintery and wonderful.
- Easy Crochet Snowman Ornament: Snowman crochet patterns like this kooky ornament are beyond hilarious. Add googly eyes for a funny touch!
- Crocheted Snowman Baby Bib: Don’t let baby miss out on all the winter fun! Little ones may be too small to enjoy a snow day, but that doesn’t mean they can’t enjoy warm winter crochet patterns like this adorable baby bib.
- Snowman Family Trio: The only thing better than one snowman is three! These snowpeople will remind you of your family and friends.
- Cute Crochet Frosty: Frosty the crocheted snowman is a perfect mantel decoration, and he is so easy to personalize. He’s so realistic, he may just come to life!
Now that you've gotten some amazing crochet patterns for snowmen and snowflakes what about the knitting patterns? If you're not already into knitting then now is the time to try it out. Here are some cute patterns for the winter season from our friends at AllFreeKnitting.com:
- Frosty the Snowman Tea Cozy
- Chilly Snowman Christmas Stocking
- Snowflake Dishcloth
- Snowflake Square Motif
- Snowflower Hat
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Images from other crochet readers
Love these projects? Get MORE delivered to your Inbox – FREE Click Here!
- Crazy Cute Crocheting Snowman
- Free Crochet Patterns for Every Season: 17 DIY Accessories + Crochet Clothing Patterns
- How to Crochet: The Sassy Summer Bikini
- Retro Summer Dress
- 100+ Free Crochet Patterns for Winter: Free Crochet Hat Patterns, Scarves, Blankets and More!
- Sea Breeze Striped Skirt
- Lion Brand's New Fall Collection: 15 Free Crochet Scarf Patterns, Afghan Patterns, and More
- 19 Summer Crochet Wearables: Crochet Hats, Tops, and Crochet Jewelry
- Pretty Summer Skirt
- Light Crochet Cardigan
- 13 Free Baby Crochet Patterns: Crochet Baby Hats, Crochet Booties & More
- 16 Crochet Shawl Patterns: DIY Clothing You'll Love
- 22 Popular Free Crochet Patterns
- 25 Quick and Thrifty Free Crochet Patterns
- Guide To Free Crochet Patterns
- How to Crochet a Blanket for Infants & Toddlers: 11 Crochet Afghan Patterns
- How to Crochet, Volume 1: Free Beginner Crochet Patterns
- How to Make Crochet Bags: 11 Fantastic DIY Bags
- Pretty Flowers to Crochet: Brightly Colored Crochet Flower Patterns
- 11 Crochet Baby Cocoon Patterns