Free Crochet Patterns for Every Season: 17 DIY Accessories + Crochet Clothing Patterns
100+ Free Crochet Patterns for Winter: Free Crochet Hat Patterns, Scarves, Blankets and More!
By: Christine Weiher and Kara Huen, Editors for AllFreeCrochet
We are adding the pattern to your Crochet Patterns.
The pattern was added to your Crochet Patterns.
Are you feeling knotty? Do you fall into stitches at every turn? Do you bobble and weave when you think of your favorite hobbies? If so, you have found the ultimate source for all your crochet needs!
This collection features the Top 100+, the crème de la crème, the magnum opi of the free crochet patterns for winter from AllFreeCrochet.com. In this list, you’ll find everything from crochet baby hats to crochet gift bags, free crochet scarf patterns to easy crochet mittens. This list will accommodate anyone regardless of their level, because it includes beginner crochet patterns as well as more challenging projects.
When the winter winds drive you indoors, you have the perfect excuse to begin all of the free crochet patterns you’ve wanted to start. Chilly months are the perfect time to sit and relax with a heartfelt project like free crochet hat patterns and free crochet afghan patterns. Whether you want to create a heartfelt gift for a friend or an accessory for yourself or a family member, these winter crochet patterns are perfect for every occasion.
100+ Free Crochet Patterns for Winter Table of Contents
Boot Cuff Crochet Patterns - NEW!
If you have a certain little someone in mind for your next winter crochet project, download our free eBook, Winter Fashion for Toddlers & Baby Crochet Patterns before the season is over!
Keep your digits dancing and your fingers unfrozen with these easy crochet mittens, gloves, and arm warmers. Learn how to crochet gloves and mittens as gifts for your friends and family or keep them as personal accessories. This collection contains mittens for everyone, from babies to grown-ups and everyone in between. Free crochet patterns for winter are already great, but they are even better when they can be made for everyone in the family!
- Easy Crochet Mittens Free Pattern
- Basic Crocheted Mittens
- Crocheted Mittens
- Men's Afghan Stitch Gloves
- Retro Crocheted Mittens
- Quick and Easy Fingerless Gloves
- Blocky Brick Warmers
- Happy Hands Mittens for Kids
- Downton Abbey Arm Warmers
- Candy Striped Texting Gloves
- Madly In Love Mitts - NEW!
- Pacific Sunset Mitts - NEW!
In order to properly optimize brain function, your head must be toasty and warm at all times. It doesn't hurt to be fashionable and stylish at the same time! Put your head at ease with the free crochet hat patterns listed below. You can make a hat for yourself in any style, or give the gift of warmth to a friend.
- Quick Fix Winter Hat
- Green and Blue Boy Striped Hat
- Men's Fast and Easy Cap
- Ava Hat
- Men's Winter Flapped Hat
- The Basic Helmet
- Mesh Bobble Hat
- Turquoise Slouch Beanie with Buttons
- Any Size Crochet Hats
- Support Ribbon Crochet Beanie
- Jolly Snowman Hat - NEW!
- Festive Christmas Ornament Hat - NEW!
These free crochet afghan patterns and throws are bundles of fun. Wrap up the little ones to keep them nice and comfy or just relish in the lovely accent pieces you worked up yourself for your favorite furniture. Crochet afghan patterns are perfect for winter because you're guaranteed to keep warm and toasty all season long. These might even introduce you to some new crochet stitches; take a look for yourself!
- Spiral Crochet Afghan
- Crayon Blanket
- 5 1/2 Hour Throw
- Crocodile Stitch Crochet Afghan
- Throw a Bullseye Crochet Pattern
- No Beginning Chain Crazy Block Afghan
- 21st Century Log Cabin Afghan
- Grandma's Favorite Wobble Afghan - NEW!
- Oversized Chevron Crochet Afghan - NEW!
Looking for ways to keep your feet toasty? Don't miss our collection of 30 Free Crochet Slippers for Everyone!
Maybe you don't want to wear a hat this winter because you hate hat hair with a passion. However, your ears are still begging for some warmth without one! Try these crochet headband patterns that will be sure to keep your hair out of your face and your ears warm in the blistering cold. They add a little bit of flair to an outfit without being obnoxious, covering your face, or flattening your hair.
- Criss-Cross Crochet Headband
- Dainty Dame Earwarmer
- Charming Chunky Earwarmer
- Twisted Turban Headband Crochet Pattern
- Cable Stitch Ear Warmer
- Totally Twisted Crochet Headband
- Stashbuster Ear Warmer
- Radiantly Reflective Crochet Headband
- Beginner Crochet Headband
- Crochet Earmuff Headband
- Moonlight Ear Warmer - NEW!
- Diamond Trellis Headband - NEW!
Before going out to enjoy the great outdoors, one must be properly prepared for the elements. Fend off unfashionable winter shivers with these lovely handmade scarves. These free crochet scarf patterns will keep your neck nice and warm, as well as display your innate and perfect fashion sense. You can find every type of scarf you are look for here: regular scarves, crochet infinity scarves, and cowls. Try one out for the perfect fashion statement this season.
- Sushi Roll Scarf
- Bumpy Popcorn Crochet Scarf
- Sensational Scarf
- Aesthetic Hooded Scarf
- Pink Hope Scarf
- Hand Warming Crochet Scarf
- Quick and Easy Crochet Scarf
- Reversible Cable Scarf
- Easy Mobius Scarf
- Stash-buster Crochet Scarf
- Fair Isle Crochet Cowl
- Solomon Knot Mobius Scarf
- Purple Convertible Cowl
- 1/2 Skein Crochet Cowl
- Majestic Hooded Scarf Pattern
- Chunky Stylish Infinity Scarf Pattern
- Funky Brick Crochet Scarf Pattern
- Wonderfully Warm Crochet Scarf - NEW!
- Cilantro Crochet Cowl - NEW!
- Chevron Crochet Cowl - NEW!
- Ribbed Cowl Scarf - NEW!
- Buffalo Check Obsession Scarf - NEW!
Whether you're indoors or outside, layering can be ideal during any month of the year. You should definitely try making these stylish and soft sweater and crochet shawl patterns to keep yourself warm whether it's blustery outside or they just have the air conditioning cranked up in the office. Once you’ve made one, you can toss it into a tote for later or don it immediately for a perfectly fashionable and incredibly functional article of clothing. Keep one on the back of your office chair so you never have the shivers indoors.
- Ice Crystals Poncho
- York Shawlette
- A Pink Crochet Shawl from Bernat
- Geisha Jacket
- Crochet Short Jacket
- Snow Princess Crochet Cape
- Cozy Cocoon Cardigan
- Dainty Daisy Pullover
- Figure-Flattering Crochet Shawl
- The Crochet Shawl of Your Dreams
- Kram Cardi - NEW!
One of the trendiest winter fashions is the boot cuff. Now you can make your own with these crochet boot cuff patterns that keep up your style and add a little bit of extra warmth. Don't let the blustery winter cold get inside the little crack at the top of your boot and make your feet cold all day. You can easily avoid this by working up any one of these stylish and fabulous boot cuff patterns.
- Best Ever Boot Cuffs
- Two Hour Boot Cuffs
- Nashville Boot Cuffs
- Bow Boot Cuffs
- Razzle Dazzle Boot Cuffs
- Vintage Boot Cuffs
- Easy Peasy Boot Cuffs
- Trendy Owl Boot Cuff
- Crochet Boot Cuff Pattern
- Mustard Key Tab Boot Cuffs
- Starry Skies Boot Cuffs - NEW!
Winter doesn't just mean cold; it also means holiday fun! Don't miss out on festive crochet patterns like the ones in Free Crochet Designs: 10 Home Decor Christmas Crochet Patterns!
Nothing is quites so endearing as baby fingers and baby toes, but those little digits are more susceptible to the chill. These crochet patterns for the tiniest members of your family are pefect for keeping little fingers and toes warm and wiggly. Make free crochet patterns for baby so that the little ones can stay warm all winter long.
- One Ball Baby Blanket and Hat
- Memorable Baby’s First Blanket
- Cowboy Booties
- Soft Plush Sock Monkey
- Easy Baby Flopsy Hat
- Cuddle Soft Baby Blanket
- Honey Badger Crochet Beanie
- Unforgettable Owl Newborn Crochet Hat
- Weekend Wonder Baby Blanket
- Cuddly Newborn Crochet Hat
- Brimmed Crochet Baby Beanie - NEW!
- Like a Fox! Hooded Baby Blanket - NEW!
When the winter season comes around, that also means it is time for the holidays. If you are not a big fan of spending money just to buy a gift bag, try crocheting one instead. This list is full of gift bags and crochet basket patterns you can work up so that you have a place for your gifts or can give big baskets of multiple little things put together.
- Chic Crochet Casserole Carrier
- Amazing Grace Spa Set
- Fancy Spa Basket
- Crochet Gift Basket
- Tree Bark Basket
- Hooty Owl Crochet Baskets
- Christmas Gift Bag
- Old Fashioned Crochet Gift Bag
- Mini Crochet Gift Bag
- Hanging Ornaments Christmas Tote
If you still feel like you could use some more winter crochet patterns, feel free to check out and download our free eBook, Winter Wonderland: 17 Winter Patterns to Crochet.
What's your favorite winter weather activity?
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Images from other crochet readers
Love these projects? Get MORE delivered to your Inbox – FREE Click Here!
- Crazy Cute Crocheting Snowman
- Free Crochet Patterns for Every Season: 17 DIY Accessories + Crochet Clothing Patterns
- How to Crochet: The Sassy Summer Bikini
- Sea Breeze Striped Skirt
- Light Crochet Cardigan
- Retro Summer Dress
- 100+ Free Crochet Patterns for Winter: Free Crochet Hat Patterns, Scarves, Blankets and More!
- Lion Brand's New Fall Collection: 15 Free Crochet Scarf Patterns, Afghan Patterns, and More
- 19 Summer Crochet Wearables: Crochet Hats, Tops, and Crochet Jewelry
- 10 Minute Baby Sandals
- 13 Free Baby Crochet Patterns: Crochet Baby Hats, Crochet Booties & More
- 16 Crochet Shawl Patterns: DIY Clothing You'll Love
- 22 Popular Free Crochet Patterns
- 25 Quick and Thrifty Free Crochet Patterns
- Guide To Free Crochet Patterns
- How to Crochet a Blanket for Infants & Toddlers: 11 Crochet Afghan Patterns
- How to Crochet, Volume 1: Free Beginner Crochet Patterns
- How to Make Crochet Bags: 11 Fantastic DIY Bags
- Pretty Flowers to Crochet: Brightly Colored Crochet Flower Patterns
- 11 Crochet Baby Cocoon Patterns