FREE! Crochet Patterns delivered to your inbox every Friday from LeisureArts.com. Join thousands of other crocheters who have already signed up. Subscribe today!
Thanks for signing up!
Sassy Sweetheart Ruffle Scarf
By: Red Heart Yarn
We are adding the pattern to your Crochet Patterns.
The pattern was added to your Crochet Patterns.
You won't believe how easy this Sassy Sweetheart Ruffle Scarf is to complete. You don't even really have to know how to crochet in order to create this masterpiece. Simply follow these two steps using only one hank of Red Heart Boutique Sassy Fabric to make this pretty pattern. The feminine ruffles of this scarf are fun and flirty to wear with any outfit. Treat yourself to this homemade accessory or make one for a friend.
Crochet Hook: I/9 or 5.5 mm hook
Yarn Weight: (6) Super Bulky/Super Chunky (4-11 stitches for 4 inches)
- RED HEART® Boutique Sassy Fabric: 1 hank 9936 Pink Dot
- Susan Bates® Crochet Hook: 5.5mm [US I-9]
GAUGE is not important for this pattern.
SIZE: Scarf measures 52” long (132 cm).
1. Before starting, slide ball band to one end of hank. Remove cardboard from center of hank. Begin your scarf with inside end of Sassy Fabric and continue pulling from inside as you crochet.
2. Note that fabric has holes running along one side. You will be crocheting into each hole.
Step 1: Insert hook through 1st hole from back to front; repeat for 2nd, 3rd and 4th holes. You now have 4 holes on the hook.
Step 2: Pinching together all four holes on the hook with left forefinger and thumb, insert hook from front to back into 5th hole and pull through all holes on hook.
Repeat Steps 1 and 2 with each group of 5 holes.
Note: If you put your work down, be sure to put a stitch holder or safety pin on the working stitch. This holder needs to be larger than the hole so that your work will not fall apart.
Continue until scarf is desired length; cut leaving 3” (7.6 cm) end. Pull end through last stitch and pull tight. Trim beginning and ending fabric strip points so that they blend in with the ruffles. With sewing needle and thread, secure last stitch so scarf will not unravel.
Shake out your scarf so that ruffles spiral.
If you love Red Heart's Boutique yarn you might also like these crochet patterns:
Images from other crafters
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Love these projects? Get MORE delivered to your Inbox – FREE Click Here!
- 16 Easy Summer Crochet Patterns
- 22 Popular Free Crochet Patterns
- 25 Quick and Thrifty Free Crochet Patterns
- 8 Different Crochet Stitches: Learn To Crochet Something New With Free Crochet Patterns
- 9 Free 4th of July Crochet Patterns
- DIY Accessories to Crochet: DIY Jewelry And Crochet Belts
- DIY Home Decor: 19 Free Crochet Kitchen and Dining Patterns
- How to Crochet Edges & Make Crochet Borders on Patterns
- How to Crochet, Volume 1: Free Beginner Crochet Patterns
- How to Make Crochet Bags: 11 Fantastic DIY Bags
Our Newest Patterns & Articles
- No-Calorie Ice Cream Cone
- Hippie Holidays Vest
- Victorian Christmas Placemat
- Olaf the Snowman Crochet Pattern
- Victorian Christmas Coaster
- Frankenstein Child Headband
- Magical Tooth Fairy Pillow
- Poinsettia Christmas Coasters
- Christmas Crochet Angel
- Season of Giving Headband