Lion Brand's New Fall Collection: 15 Free Crochet Scarf Patterns, Afghan Patterns, and More
Red Heart Vivid Yarn
We are adding the pattern to your Crochet Patterns.
The pattern was added to your Crochet Patterns.
Red Heart Vivid is a fantastic new yarn that I've recently had the privilege of playing with. It combines several hot trends - super bulky weight, eye-popping neon colors, a matte look, and super soft feel - for a truly unique yarn that stands out from the crowd!
The depth of color in Red Heart Vivid is absolutely mesmerizing - I kept stopping and staring and losing myself in them! The color is nice and even throughout the skein, but if you look closely, you'll see that there is just a bit of shading and variation within in the strand itself. This gives the yarn a really rich, deep feeling. Bright, bold, and intense!
Another thing I love about Red Heart Vivid is the texture - it's almost like a twisted roving. It is twisted so it won't come apart like roving can, but it retains that matte, luxe look. It's smooth but not hard, bright but not shiny. I found that this really lets the stitches be the star without distracting from the pattern.
Red Heart Vivid is 100% acrylic, so it's allergen free. And it stood up to quite a bit of frogging and re-working, without showing any wear or pilling. But it's also incredibly soft and plush! Just a few stitches into my project I was really taken with the luxury and squishiness of it. It's got great feel in the hands and was super easy to work with.
It's also very warm - great for big modern blankets! Red Heart Vivid is ideal for all sorts of baskets, rugs, and household accessories, and I think it would make a funky scarf or bag too. And made with the recommended Q hook or size 19 knitting needles, it'll be a fast project for sure!
When working with Red Heart Vivid, as with most super bulky yarns, it's important to keep your hands relaxed and stitches loose. And have fun! This florescent yarn is a blast to play with.
Patterns to make with Vivid yarn:
Other patterns that use super bulky yarn:
- Crochet Janket
- Chunky Crochet Cowl
- Magical Pillowghan
- Easy Peasy Ruffled Crochet Scarf
- Winter Berry Beanie
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Love these projects? Get MORE delivered to your Inbox – FREE Click Here!
- Personalized 5amily Products Review
- Bernat Blanket Yarn
- Red Heart Sparkle Soft Yarn Review
- The Baby Wool Yarn Review
- Luster Superwash Merino Tencel Sport Yarn Review
- Homespun Thick and Quick Yarn
- Red Heart Baby Hugs Yarn
- Lion Brand Homespun Yarn
- Red Heart Boutique Swanky Yarn
- Jersey Be Good Yarn Review
- 13 Free Baby Crochet Patterns: Crochet Baby Hats, Crochet Booties & More
- 16 Crochet Shawl Patterns: DIY Clothing You'll Love
- 22 Popular Free Crochet Patterns
- 25 Quick and Thrifty Free Crochet Patterns
- Guide To Free Crochet Patterns
- How to Crochet a Blanket for Infants & Toddlers: 11 Crochet Afghan Patterns
- How to Crochet, Volume 1: Free Beginner Crochet Patterns
- How to Make Crochet Bags: 11 Fantastic DIY Bags
- Pretty Flowers to Crochet: Brightly Colored Crochet Flower Patterns
- 11 Crochet Baby Cocoon Patterns