Lion Brand's New Fall Collection: 15 Free Crochet Scarf Patterns, Afghan Patterns, and More
Learn to Crocodile Stitch: 4 Easy Techniques
We are adding the pattern to your Crochet Patterns.
The pattern was added to your Crochet Patterns.
Learn to Crocodile Stitch:
4 Easy Techniques
Provided by Annie's Crafts
Reviewed by Jeanette Benoit
Advance your crochet skills with this fun, beginner crochet class with crochet designer and instructor Debra Arch. Learn to Crocodile Stitch: 4 Easy Techniques will teach you easy techniques and designs to help you successfully work up the crocodile stitch in every direction you could ever want. You'll also receive 9 exclusive printable crochet patterns that have been designed specifically with this class in mind. The patterns range from fashion accessories to home décor pieces and are great examples of the versatility of the crocodile stitch.
The crocodile stitch gets it's name from the beautiful layers of texture that resemble – yes, you guessed it – crocodile scales. These layers may look complicated and challenging to work up to the beginner crocheter, but they are surprisingly simple to create. It's nothing more than a simple pattern repeat consisting of double crochet stitches. If you know how to double crochet, then you should have no problem learning how to crochet the crocodile stitch. Plus, the only materials you need to take this online class from Annie's are a crochet hook and yarn. Beginners, it's recommended that you use a worsted weight yarn and any hook that is comfortable. If you’re more experienced and would like to use the exact yarn that is shown in the pattern examples, simply refer to the printable PDF patterns for the exact yarn supplies.
Throughout this two-hour class, Debra will first walk you through the basics of crocheting the crocodile stitch. She'll then expand your skills with step-by-step directions how to crochet it using 4 techniques that teach you how to work the crocodile stitch in the vertical, in rounds, in the flat, and in the circular. Each technique is presented in it's own lesson, which also are accompanied by one or more projects that you work up using the techniques you learn. The vertical crocodile stitch creates short rows of single crocodile scales; stack them up vertically to create the simple and stylish Quick Stitch Headband and Vertical Stitch Skinny Scarf. Crocheting the crocodile stitch in the round, you'll work up cozy Boot Toppers, the Crocodile Cowl, Easy Ear Warmers, and the Whimsical Owl Purse. In the round, you'll learn to work up the Simply Elegant Lotus Scarf, and the Pineapple Trivet. The Ruffled Flower Pillow is crocheted using the circular crocodile stitch.
Aside from learning how to crochet the crocodile stitch and working up these pretty and practical crocodile stitch patterns, you'll also learn some of Debra's own personal crochet tips and tricks to make your crochet experience easier and more successful. Consider this online class as your own personal one-on-one class with Debra. You get personal access to ask questions; it's easy to log into your account and “ask the instructor” to email her any questions you have. The best thing about taking an online class from Annie's is that they never expire. Once you purchase a class, it's your forever and you can watch them on practically any electronic device at your convenience, 24/7, 365 days a year.
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Love these projects? Get MORE delivered to your Inbox – FREE Click Here!
- 11 Crochet Baby Cocoon Patterns
- 16 Crochet Shawl Patterns: DIY Clothing You'll Love
- 8 Different Crochet Stitches: Learn To Crochet Something New With Free Crochet Patterns
- Hop Into Spring 7 Free Easter Crochet Patterns
- How to Crochet a Blanket for Infants & Toddlers: 11 Crochet Afghan Patterns
- How to Crochet Edges & Make Crochet Borders on Patterns
- Man Crafts: 10 Free Patterns to Crochet for Men
- Never Ending Granny Afghans: 8 Crochet Patterns with Diagrams & Video Tutorials
- Pretty Flowers to Crochet: Brightly Colored Crochet Flower Patterns
- Spring is Here! 10 Free Crochet Flower Patterns and Butterfly Fun
Our Newest Patterns & Articles
- Zippered Crochet Boot Cuffs
- Fauxchet Crochet Easter Eggs
- Ladder Fringed Crochet Scarf
- Beginner Barefoot Crochet Sandals
- Crochet Lace Patterns: 31 Crochet Shawl Patterns
- Red Heart Dream Yarn Prize Package
- Boho Crochet
- Adorable Bunny Baby Crochet Outfit
- Flirty Crochet Shawl
- Ruffled Crochet Baby Booties