12 Free Crochet Lapghan Patterns
By: Christine Weiher, Editor for AllFreeCrochet
We are adding the pattern to your Crochet Patterns.
The pattern was added to your Crochet Patterns.
Does crochet lapghan patterns sound like an odd phrase to you? If you're a crocheter, I'm sure you know exactly what a lapghan is, but maybe you're new to crochet. A crochet lapghan pattern is about half the size of a regular sized afghan or even a bit smaller. The purpose of a lapghan is to just cover a small portion of your body: your lap. Crochet lapghan patterns are a great alternative to a full sized blanket and the shape is a bit different too. Perhaps you've been meaning to learn how to crochet a blanket, but were intimidated by their large size. If so, lapghans are a great place to start!
What I personally love about lapghans is that they're great for anyone. I've even seen a few wheelchair crochet lapghan patterns which is great not to have all that extra fabric hanging at the bottom. I'm always cold so it's nice to be wrapped up in a blanket, but sometimes I just want to cover my legs and feet, so a lapghan is perfect! For more information about lapghans, read our article What Exactly is a Lapghan? by Michael Sellick.
When learning how to crochet lapghans, it's pretty similar to that of an afghan. All you need to do is follow the pattern and you can even finish a bit quicker since it's most likely going to be a shorter crochet lapghan free pattern. This collection of crochet lapghan patterns that we put together for you are super cute! Turn one of these patterns into your very own by adding fringe or edging around the edges. Try something new and spend your time working up a free pattern. Crochet lapghans are something to be proud of!
12 Free Crochet Lapghan Patterns
Try your hand at a little something different this week. Instead of making a full sized blanket or afghan, learn how to crochet a blanket that's a bit smaller than an afghan. Learn how to crochet lapghans by diving right in and following the crochet instructions.
Blushing Grannies Lapghan (above)
Have you not gotten enough crochet lapghan patterns? There are more in this collection right below! If you're not sure of what kind of lapghan you want to try then check out the great patterns we've provided. Get some great inspiration and start hooking! Learn how to crochet a blanket today with any one of these small crochet afghan patterns.
Find even more great lapghans in this collection of 13 Crochet Lapghan Patterns + Crochet Throws from our friends at AllFreeCrochetAfghanPatterns!
Images from other crafters
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Love these projects? Get MORE delivered to your Inbox – FREE Click Here!
- 16 Easy Summer Crochet Patterns
- 22 Popular Free Crochet Patterns
- 25 Quick and Thrifty Free Crochet Patterns
- 8 Different Crochet Stitches: Learn To Crochet Something New With Free Crochet Patterns
- 9 Free 4th of July Crochet Patterns
- DIY Accessories to Crochet: DIY Jewelry And Crochet Belts
- DIY Home Decor: 19 Free Crochet Kitchen and Dining Patterns
- How to Crochet Edges & Make Crochet Borders on Patterns
- How to Crochet, Volume 1: Free Beginner Crochet Patterns
- How to Make Crochet Bags: 11 Fantastic DIY Bags
Our Newest Patterns & Articles
- No-Calorie Ice Cream Cone
- Hippie Holidays Vest
- Victorian Christmas Placemat
- Olaf the Snowman Crochet Pattern
- Victorian Christmas Coaster
- Frankenstein Child Headband
- Magical Tooth Fairy Pillow
- Poinsettia Christmas Coasters
- Christmas Crochet Angel
- Season of Giving Headband