14 Free Crochet Hat Patterns: Crochet Beanie Hats, Crochet Cap Patterns, and More
28 Beginner Crochet Hat Patterns
By: Julia Wiatr, Editor, AllFreeCrochet.com
We are adding the pattern to your Crochet Patterns.
The pattern was added to your Crochet Patterns.
Hats serve a variety of purposes. They keep your head and ears warm in the winter or cool in the summer, they cover up a bad hair day (or, let's face it guys, a no-hair day), and they add the perfect finishing touch to an outfit. Crochet hats can protect your hair, scalp, and ears from the sun's harmful rays and keep the light out of your eyes, too. Keep your baby's head warm in cool weather with a snug little cap. You can make any of these patterns because they are especially for beginners, who are new to crochet. Even if you are an experienced crocheter, these beginner hat patterns will be a snap to make for any occasion.
Crochet hats make great gifts, and with this guide, you can learn how to make crochet hats for the whole family using these free crochet hat patterns.
34 Beginner Crochet Hat Patterns Table of Contents
If you can't get enough of these hat patterns, download our free eBook, 14 Free Crochet Hat Patterns: Crochet Beanie Hats, Crochet Cap Patterns, and More!
Crochet beanies are the trusty and standard classic crochet hats, and their unisex style means that they're perfect for everyone! These simple crochet hats never go out of style, so be sure to make one of the following styles for the whole family. Whether you need a crochet hat pattern for the harsh winter winds or you need to make a quick and simple Christmas gift for your husband or boyfriend, these crochet beanie patterns are the best. Some of these basic crochet beanie patterns can even be used as stylish crochet chemo hats.
- Half Double Crochet Hat Pattern
- Summer Breeze Beanie Hat
- Faux Cable Knit Crochet Hat
- Basic Chunky Hat Crochet Pattern
- Have Hope Hat
- Quick and Easy Men's Hat
- Single Crochet Beanie for Beginners
Work these beginner crochet hat patterns up when you need a stylish breath of fresh air. These trendy hat patterns will instantly light up any fall or winter outfit you wear, from adorable pom-pom-topped crochet beanies to crochet slouchy hats for windy days or any bad hair day. Make one of these crochet hats and stay on-trend this fall and winter.
- Snow Drift Crochet Hat
- Lolly Poms Ribbed Crochet Beanie
- Simple Pompom Hat
- Gumdrop Slouchy Hat
- Favorite Style n Slouch Beanie
- Calypso Slouchie Hat
- Ladies Berries Bow
- Scalloped Hat and Wrap Around Cowl
Yes, you can crochet a hat for the summer! Even on the hottest days, you'll need some form of hat to protect your head or shade your eyes - these crochet hat patterns are perfect for sunny days and spring and summertime adventures. From crochet sun hats to crochet lace hats, these delicate and airy crochet hat patterns can stand up to the harsh rays of the sun. Plus, be sure to check out our video tutorial of how to crochet a sunhat, below!
Do you love crochet baby hats? Are you looking for more fun, easy crochet hats to make? Try out these 16 Crochet Baby Hat Patterns today!
Crochet hat patterns for kids are so fun to make, especially since babies and kids can get away with wearing adorable animals. Plus, these hat patterns are much smaller so they take less time to work up! These crochet baby hats and kid hat patterns will make your child's day. Crochet one of these baby hats for a fall or winter day, or make a quick Halloween costume using one of these crochet hat patterns.
- Circus Scrap Hat
- Friendly Frog Crochet Hat
- Baby Cocoon and Hat
- Toddler Pumpkin Hat
- Easy Newborn Hat
- Baby Animal Crochet Hat
- Baby Boy's Block Hat
- Fall Harvest Beanie
- Super Chunky Hat
- The Parker Newborn Hat - NEW
- Aurora Butterfly Hat Photo Prop - NEW
- Fuzzy Crochet Bonnet - NEW
- Beginner Blue Baby Beanie - NEW
- Little Bear Hat - NEW
- Newborn Crochet Hat - NEW
Plus, get the exclusive pattern for the Downton Cloche hat by subscribing to I Like Crochet. This new premium-content digital magazine is chock-full of exclusive, never-before-featured crochet patterns, tutorials, articles, and more. Sign up here today!
This super easy and super adorable Kitty Cat Beanie Hat is perfect for fall and winter days - plus, it doubles as a quick and easy Halloween costume accessory! You need to make this, right meow!
Tell Us: What is your favorite crochet hat style? Beanie? Beret? Earflap Hat? Sun hat? Something else?
Comment below and let us know!
Images from other crochet readers
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Love these projects? Get MORE delivered to your Inbox – FREE Click Here!
- 13 Free Baby Crochet Patterns: Crochet Baby Hats, Crochet Booties & More
- 16 Crochet Shawl Patterns: DIY Clothing You'll Love
- 22 Popular Free Crochet Patterns
- 25 Quick and Thrifty Free Crochet Patterns
- Guide To Free Crochet Patterns
- How to Crochet a Blanket for Infants & Toddlers: 11 Crochet Afghan Patterns
- How to Crochet, Volume 1: Free Beginner Crochet Patterns
- How to Make Crochet Bags: 11 Fantastic DIY Bags
- Pretty Flowers to Crochet: Brightly Colored Crochet Flower Patterns
- 11 Crochet Baby Cocoon Patterns
Our Newest Patterns & Articles
- The Best Super Scarf Crochet Patterns
- Zoodiacs Afghan
- Zoodiacs Tiger Afghan Square
- Zoodiacs Bunny Rabbit Afghan Square
- Zoodiacs Dragon Afghan Square
- Zoodiacs Snake Afghan Square
- Zoodiacs Horse Afghan Square
- Zoodiacs Sheep Afghan Square
- Zoodiacs Monkey Afghan Square
- Zoodiacs Rooster Afghan Square