12 Halloween Crafts to Crochet: DIY Home Decor, Halloween Costume Ideas, and More
Easy Halloween Pumpkin
By: Eva Ferrebee
We are adding the pattern to your Crochet Patterns.
The pattern was added to your Crochet Patterns.
Using this Halloween pumpkin pattern you can make an Easy Halloween Pumpkin. Big orange pumpkins are always so fun to decorate your home with, especially if you make one in every color for a fun collection. Single crochet, half double and double crochet are used, which makes this pumpkin fun and easy to work up. You can never have too many homemade Halloween decorations!
Crochet Hook: I/9 or 5.5 mm hook
Yarn Weight: (4) Medium Weight/Worsted Weight and Aran (16-20 stitches to 4 inches)
- WW Yarn: Orange, Green, Black
- Crochet Hook relative to the yarn used (I used size I)
- Stuffing (polyfill, or I used recycled stuffing from an old pillow)
- Yarn Needle
Pumpkin Body -
*Single Crochet 3, Half Double Crochet 3, Double Crochet 6, Half Double Crochet 3 and Single Crochet 3 (This will make one Pumpkin Panel)
Turn work, To make ridges between Pumpkin Panels, repeat the pattern * for each panel, but ONLY use the back half of the stich.
Repeat * 19 times
Bind off yarn with a long tail. Thread tail with Yarn Needle and sew together
Continue using the tail and weave the needle in and out of the bottom of the pumpkin, pulling on yarn to tighten the opening closed.
Sew shut, knot and bury tail in work.
Stuff pumpkin with filling
Using a piece of yarn (same color), repeat the weaving and closing process to close the top of the pumpkin.
Single Crochet 2, Half Double Crochet 1, Double Crochet 3, End with Half Double Crochet (this is one leaf)
Repeat 5 times (or as many leaves as you'd like)
Slip stitch at base of leaves to tighten together and end with a slip stitch in final leaf to form a circle.
Knot and cut long tail. Thread Yarn Needle with tail and attach to top of pumpkin (Hiding the closure of the pumpkin). Knot and bury tail in work
Chain 5, then Single Crochet in each chain. Knot, leaving long tail. Thread Yarn Needle with long tail and sew to top of pumpkin.
Tags / Related Topics
Images from other crafters
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Love these projects? Get MORE delivered to your Inbox – FREE Click Here!
- Red Riding Hood and The Wolf Costumes
- Mini Me Crochet Witch Hat and Shawl
- 12 Halloween Crafts to Crochet: DIY Home Decor, Halloween Costume Ideas, and More
- Rapunzel Braid Wig
- Heroine For a Day Costume
- Happy Halloween Throw
- Metallic Masquerade Mask
- 14 Pumpkin Patterns: Free Crochet Patterns to Make for Halloween
- Black Cat Crochet Hat
- Easy Peasy Pumpkins
- 16 Easy Summer Crochet Patterns
- 22 Popular Free Crochet Patterns
- 25 Quick and Thrifty Free Crochet Patterns
- 8 Different Crochet Stitches: Learn To Crochet Something New With Free Crochet Patterns
- 9 Free 4th of July Crochet Patterns
- DIY Accessories to Crochet: DIY Jewelry And Crochet Belts
- DIY Home Decor: 19 Free Crochet Kitchen and Dining Patterns
- How to Crochet Edges & Make Crochet Borders on Patterns
- How to Crochet, Volume 1: Free Beginner Crochet Patterns
- How to Make Crochet Bags: 11 Fantastic DIY Bags