Car Seat Bobble Blanket
By: BreeAnna Laub for AllFreeCrochet
We are adding the pattern to your Crochet Patterns.
The pattern was added to your Crochet Patterns.
This Car Seat Bobble Blanket is a great gift every new mom needs. Protect your baby from the cold and wind with this easy crochet pattern. This crocheted blanket is written to fit perfectly over your car seat without any added length hanging over the sides. Plus, babies will love playing with the unique texture and feel of the bobble stitches. If you're looking for a homemade gift idea for an upcoming baby shower, this free crochet pattern is perfect.
Crochet Hook: N/15 or 10 mm hook
Yarn Weight: (4) Medium Weight/Worsted Weight and Aran (16-20 stitches to 4 inches)
- Worsted Weight Yarn in two complimentary colors, or two skeins of the same color (they will be worked together)
- OR: Super Bulky Baby Yarn
- Crochet Hook: N
- 7/8" Ribbon (2 3/4 yards)
- Yarn Needle
Bobble - (YO, insert hook in next stitch, draw up a loop, YO draw through 2 loops on hook) repeat twice in same st. YO and draw through all 4 loops on hook.
Ch 32 (If you are using medium worsted weight, work 2 strands together at the same time.)
Row 1: Skip first ch, sc in each ch across, ch 1, turn. (31 sc)
Row 2: Sc in first st, bobble st, *sc in next 3 st, bobble st,* repeat from * to * across to last st, sc in last st, ch 1, turn.
Row 3: Sc across, ch 1, turn.
Row 4: Sc in first 3 st, *bobble st, sc in next 3 st,* repeat from * to * across, ch 1, turn.
Row 5: Sc across, ch 1, turn.
Row 6-16: Repeat rows 2-5 twice and then rows 2-4 once more.
Row 17: Sc in first 14 st, ch 3 (if you crochet tightly you may need to ch 5 so the buckle will fit), skip 3 sc, sc in remaining 14 st, ch 1 turn.
Row 18: Sc in first sc, *bobble st, 3 sc,* repeat from * to * twice, bobble st, 3 sc in ch 3 space, repeat from * to * three times, bobble st, sc in last st, ch 1, turn.
Row 19: Sc across, ch 1, turn.
Row 20: *Sc in 3 st, bobble st,* repeat from * to * twice, sc in 7 st, bobble st, repeat from * to * twice, sc in last 3 st, ch 1 turn
Row 21: Repeat row 17.
Row 22: Repeat row 18.
Row 23: Sc across, ch 1, turn.
Row 24-25: Repeat rows 4 and 5
Row 26-33: Repeat rows 2-5 twice. Do not ch 1 on last time working row 5.
(Beginning in this next row, you will be working around the blanket.)
(This round the directions vary depending on the yarn that you have chosen to work with. The initial instructions will be written for the super bulky baby yarn and then the adjustments for the medium worsted weight yarn will follow.)
Super bulky baby yarn
Ch 3, (dc, ch1, dc, ch1) in same st.
Side A: Working along left side of the quilt, dc, ch 1, working 16 dc evenly spaced (works best if you space them before and after each bobble along the side), dc in corner st. (Dc, ch 1, dc, ch1) in same corner st.
Side B: Working across the bottom of the quilt, dc, ch 1, working 14 dc evenly spaced, dc in corner st. Repeat Side A and Side B once again ending with a slip st in the second ch of beginning ch 3.
Changes for medium worsted weight yarn:
Ch 4, work the rest of the eyelet round just the same except use tc instead of dc. I found that the dc stitches were just barely not tall enough to accommodate the 7/8" ribbon. (The close up pictures for the next couple steps show dc because I didn't realize this till later. Just a clarification if you are referring to the pictures on the blog.) When joining, slip st in the third ch of beginning ch 4.
Ch 2, sc in next ch 1 space, ch 2, [*sc in next ch 1 sp, ch 1*, repeat from * to * across to corner, ch 2 over corner dc], repeat from [ to ] around. Join in first ch of beginning ch 2. Finish off. Weave in ends.
Cut off 2 ¾ yrds of ribbon and weave it through the eyelet row securing with a bow, and you're done!
While traveling your little one might also love these crochet lovey blankets:
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Images from other crochet readers
Love these projects? Get MORE delivered to your Inbox – FREE Click Here!
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
- Blooming Berry Baby Mitten Pattern
- Toddler Flower Crochet Tunic
- Vintage Look Lamb Crochet Hat
- 22 Free Crochet Baby Patterns + Free Bonus eBook
- 11 Crochet Baby Cocoon Patterns
- 13 Free Crochet Diaper Cover Patterns and Baby Crochet Patterns
- 16 Crochet Baby Patterns: Baby Hats and Cocoons
- Red Heart's Best: 12 Free Baby Crochet Patterns
- 13 Free Baby Crochet Patterns: Crochet Baby Hats, Crochet Booties & More
- Baby Cocoon and Hat
- 11 Crochet Baby Cocoon Patterns
- 16 Crochet Shawl Patterns: DIY Clothing You'll Love
- 8 Different Crochet Stitches: Learn To Crochet Something New With Free Crochet Patterns
- How to Crochet a Blanket for Infants & Toddlers: 11 Crochet Afghan Patterns
- How to Crochet Edges & Make Crochet Borders on Patterns
- How to Make Crochet Bags: 11 Fantastic DIY Bags
- Man Crafts: 10 Free Patterns to Crochet for Men
- Never Ending Granny Afghans: 8 Crochet Patterns with Diagrams & Video Tutorials
- Pretty Flowers to Crochet: Brightly Colored Crochet Flower Patterns
- Summer Crochet Patterns: 16 Easy Summer Crochet Patterns
Our Newest Patterns & Articles
- Autumn Leaves Dish Cloth or Hot Pad
- Stuffy The Christmas Penguin
- Squish Crochet Cowl
- Faux Mistake Rib Watchman's Cap
- Reading Room Crochet Sweater
- Totally Warm Crochet Jacket Pattern
- Gingerbread Crochet Ornaments
- Gold Fleck Boutique Headband
- Favorite Style'n Slouch Beanie
- Super Quick Halloween Crochet Embellishments