FREE! Crochet Patterns delivered to your inbox every Friday from LeisureArts.com. Join thousands of other crocheters who have already signed up. Subscribe today!
Thanks for signing up!
Baby Cozy or Cocoon
By: Eva Ferrebee
We are adding the pattern to your Crochet Patterns.
The pattern was added to your Crochet Patterns.
Learn how to make a super soft Baby Cozy or Cocoon with these easy-to-follow instructions. Single crochet and double crochet is used for this crochet baby cocoon; it's a great pattern for beginners. Keep baby warm and snugly with this project.
Crochet Hook: J/10 or 6 mm hook
Yarn Weight: (2) Fine (23-26 stitches to 4 inches)
- Crochet Hook Size “J”
- Yarn Needle and your choice of Baby Yarn
- Project took Four (4) 1.75 ounce skeins Premier Yarn “Babe”.
Stitches Used: Slip Knot, Slip Stitch, Chain, Single Crochet and Double Crochet
Slip knot onto Hook
Chain 4 – Join to from ring using slip stitch through 1st Chain
1st Round: Chain 3, 11 Double Crochet INSIDE ring, Join with slip stitch (12 Double Crochet Stitches)
2nd Round: Chain 3, 1 Double Crochet in first Double Crochet. 2 Double Crochet in each Double Crochet around (24 Double Crochet Stitches), Join with slip stitch.
3rd Round: Chain 3, 1 Double Crochet in first Double Crochet, *1 Double Crochet in next 2 Double Crochet, 2 Double Crochet in next Double Crochet. Repeat Pattern from * to end. Join with Slip Stich (32 Stitches)
4th Round: Chain 3, 1 Double Crochet in same Stitch. *1 Double Crochet in next 3 Double Crochet, 2 Double Crochet in next Double Crochet. Repeat Pattern * all around, Join (40 Stitches)
5th Round: Chain 1, Single Crochet in same stitch, Chain 1. *1 Single Crochet in next Double Crochet, Chain 1. Repeat Pattern * all around, Join. (80 stitches)
Note: Stitch Marker can be placed at end to assist with conformity.
6th Round: Chain 1, 1 Single Crochet in same stitch, * Chain 1, Skip next Single Crochet and Single Crochet in the next Chain 1 space. Repeat Pattern * around. Join
Repeat Round 6 until the body of the Cozy measures 24 inches (or length of your choice)
Finish off by knotting and burying ends with yarn needle. Bury any ends made by connecting skeins together.
Check out this cocoon and other awesome patterns in our 11 Crochet Baby Cocoon Patterns eBook!
Images from other crafters
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Love these projects? Get MORE delivered to your Inbox – FREE Click Here!
- Baby's Favorite Bib
- 22 Free Crochet Baby Patterns + Free Bonus eBook
- 13 Free Baby Crochet Patterns: Crochet Baby Hats, Crochet Booties & More
- V-Stitch Toddler Leg Warmers
- Car Seat Bobble Blanket
- Baby Headband with Flowers
- 138 of the Cutest Baby Crochet Patterns Ever
- 11 Crochet Baby Cocoon Patterns eBook
- Darling Baby Girl Dress
- Simply Soft Baby Hoodie and Hat
- 16 Easy Summer Crochet Patterns
- 22 Popular Free Crochet Patterns
- 25 Quick and Thrifty Free Crochet Patterns
- 8 Different Crochet Stitches: Learn To Crochet Something New With Free Crochet Patterns
- 9 Free 4th of July Crochet Patterns
- DIY Accessories to Crochet: DIY Jewelry And Crochet Belts
- DIY Home Decor: 19 Free Crochet Kitchen and Dining Patterns
- How to Crochet Edges & Make Crochet Borders on Patterns
- How to Crochet, Volume 1: Free Beginner Crochet Patterns
- How to Make Crochet Bags: 11 Fantastic DIY Bags