FREE! Crochet Patterns delivered to your inbox every Friday from LeisureArts.com. Join thousands of other crocheters who have already signed up. Subscribe today!
Thanks for signing up!
Crochet Bunny Peep
By: Phyllis of Many Creative Gifts
We are adding the pattern to your Crochet Patterns.
The pattern was added to your Crochet Patterns.
Pop a Crochet Bunny Peep into someone's basket for a fun surprise. It's an easy free crochet pattern to work up and it looks good in traditional peep colors: yellow, purple, and pink. Make this sweet treat for somebunny this Easter.
Crochet Hook: G/6 or 4 mm hook
Yarn Weight: (4) Medium Weight/Worsted Weight and Aran (16-20 stitches to 4 inches)
- 1 skein worsted weight yarn
- in pink; 2 feet of black heavy
- thread or light weight yarn
- Crochet hook size G/6/4.25 mm
- Yarn needle
SIZE: Bunny Peep measures about 4 inches tall and 2 inches across
GAUGE: 4 sts = 1 inch; 4 rows = 1 inch
beg = beginning
ch = chain
dc = double crochet
RS = right side
sc = single crochet
sl st = slip stitch
st = stitch
BODY (make two)
ROUND 1: (RS) Ch 2, 6 scs into second ch from hook (6 sts), do not join or turn
ROUND 2: 2 scs into each st around (12 sts), do not join or turn
ROUND 3: [1 sc in next st, 2 scs in next st] around (18 sts), sl st to first st, fasten off.
ROW 1: Attach yarn on body (as shown in picture), ch 1, 2 scs in same st, 1 sc in next 3 sts, 2 scs in next st, turn
ROW 2: Ch 1, 1 sc in same and next 5 sts (6 sts), turn
ROW 3: Ch 1, 1 sc in same and next 5 sts (6 sts), turn
ROW 4: Ch 1, 1 dec in same and next st, 1 sc in next 2 sts, 1 dec in last 2 sts (4 sts), turn
Repeat on other body/circle
Right Ear: Once head made, with RS facing, ch 2 and make 1 dc in same and next st, turn; ch 2, 1 dc in same and next st, fasten off.
Left Ear: With RS facing, attach yarn in 3rd st of top of head (next to right ear), ch 2, 1 dc in same and next st, turn; ch 2, 1 dc in same and next st, fasten off.
JOINING FRONT AND BACK
With RS facing, join yarn next to left side of head and, in BLOs, trim entire panel in a row of scs; when back to beginning point, align front and back panels and sl st together, putting stuffing in as you join panels; be sure to add eyes and nose before joining and stuffing head and ears, fasten off.
Check out Phyllis's designer profile for more creative ideas!
Images from other crafters
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Love these projects? Get MORE delivered to your Inbox – FREE Click Here!
- 16 Easy Summer Crochet Patterns
- 22 Popular Free Crochet Patterns
- 25 Quick and Thrifty Free Crochet Patterns
- 8 Different Crochet Stitches: Learn To Crochet Something New With Free Crochet Patterns
- 9 Free 4th of July Crochet Patterns
- DIY Accessories to Crochet: DIY Jewelry And Crochet Belts
- DIY Home Decor: 19 Free Crochet Kitchen and Dining Patterns
- How to Crochet Edges & Make Crochet Borders on Patterns
- How to Crochet, Volume 1: Free Beginner Crochet Patterns
- How to Make Crochet Bags: 11 Fantastic DIY Bags