Light & Lofty Colorful Cowl
We are adding the pattern to your Crochet Patterns.
The pattern was added to your Crochet Patterns.
Use Red Heart's Light & Lofty yarn to make this Colorful Cowl. A free crochet pattern like this one is something you must make yourself for the winter season. The bulky yarn will keep you nice and warm, but the design itself will keep you stylish. It works up quickly because of the bulky weight. You'll be able to stay cozy all winter long without sacrificing a bit of style when you wear this crocheted cowl.
Crochet Hook: N/15 or 10 mm hook
Yarn Weight: (5) Bulky/Chunky (12-15 stitches for 4 inches)
One Size fits all.
Circumference at lower edge: 64”
Cowl height: 8”
- Red Heart ® “Light & Lofty”: 1 skein each 9376 Wine A, 9930 Paprika Multi B, 9661 Greens C and 9531 Plum D
- Crochet Hook: 10 mm [US N-15]
- Yarn needle.
ABBREVIATIONS: A, B, C = Colors A, B, C; ch = chain; dc = double crochet; hdc = half double crochet; mm = millimeters; sc = single crochet; st(s) = stitch(es); tr = treble crochet; * or ** = repeat whatever follows the * or ** as indicated.
GAUGE: 6 sts = 4”; 2 rows= 4” in treble crochet. CHECK YOUR GAUGE. Use any size hook to obtain the gauge.
With A, ch 65.
Row 1: Tr in 3rd ch from hook, tr in each ch across—63 tr.
Row 2: With B, ch 25, hdc in each tr across, ch 25—63 hdc. Fasten off.
Row 3: Join C in top of first hdc, ch 4 (counts as tr), tr in each hdc across. Fasten off.
Row 4: With D, ch 30, hdc in each tr across, ch 30. Fasten off.
Row 5: Join A in top of first hdc, ch 4 (counts as tr), tr in next 2 hdc, * 3 tr in next hdc, tr in next 5 hdc, repeat from * across—83 hdc. Fasten off.
Row 6: With B, ch 25, hdc in each tr across, ch 25. Fasten off.
Row 7: Join C in top of first hdc, ch 4 (counts as tr), tr in next 4 hdc, *3 tr in next hdc, tr in next 5 hdc; repeat from * across—109 hdc.
Weave in ends.
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Love these projects? Get MORE delivered to your Inbox – FREE Click Here!
- 8 Last Minute Valentine Gifts: Crochet Patterns for that Special Someone
- Crochet in Color: 11 Colorful Crochet Patterns
- DIY Home Decor: 19 Free Crochet Kitchen and Dining Patterns
- Free Crochet Tips and Tricks: Organization Ideas, How to Crochet On the Go, and more
- How To Crochet Granny Squares
- How to Make Crochet Bags: 11 Fantastic DIY Bags
- Never Ending Granny Afghans: 8 Crochet Patterns with Diagrams & Video Tutorials
- Pretty Flowers to Crochet: Brightly Colored Crochet Flower Patterns
- Spring is Here! 10 Free Crochet Flower Patterns and Butterfly Fun
- Use Up Leftover Yarn: 12 Free Crochet Patterns for Scrap Yarn, Plus One Skein Wonders
Our Newest Patterns & Articles
- Multicolored Easter Basket
- Single Sized Easter Baskets
- The Easiest Crochet Easter Eggs
- Chicky Egg Cozy
- Little Monster Easter Egg
- Rebel Rabbit Crochet Bag
- Teddy Bear Security Blanket
- Heart and Sole Slippers
- Mega Bulky Crochet Baskets
- Charming Small Squares Crochet Shawl