Light & Lofty Colorful Cowl
We are adding the pattern to your Crochet Patterns.
The pattern was added to your Crochet Patterns.
Use Red Heart's Light & Lofty yarn to make this Colorful Cowl. A free crochet pattern like this one is something you must make yourself for the winter season. The bulky yarn will keep you nice and warm, but the design itself will keep you stylish. It works up quickly because of the bulky weight. You'll be able to stay cozy all winter long without sacrificing a bit of style when you wear this crocheted cowl.
Crochet Hook: N/15 or 10 mm hook
Yarn Weight: (5) Bulky/Chunky (12-15 stitches for 4 inches)
One Size fits all.
Circumference at lower edge: 64”
Cowl height: 8”
- Red Heart ® “Light & Lofty”: 1 skein each 9376 Wine A, 9930 Paprika Multi B, 9661 Greens C and 9531 Plum D
- Crochet Hook: 10 mm [US N-15]
- Yarn needle.
ABBREVIATIONS: A, B, C = Colors A, B, C; ch = chain; dc = double crochet; hdc = half double crochet; mm = millimeters; sc = single crochet; st(s) = stitch(es); tr = treble crochet; * or ** = repeat whatever follows the * or ** as indicated.
GAUGE: 6 sts = 4”; 2 rows= 4” in treble crochet. CHECK YOUR GAUGE. Use any size hook to obtain the gauge.
With A, ch 65.
Row 1: Tr in 3rd ch from hook, tr in each ch across—63 tr.
Row 2: With B, ch 25, hdc in each tr across, ch 25—63 hdc. Fasten off.
Row 3: Join C in top of first hdc, ch 4 (counts as tr), tr in each hdc across. Fasten off.
Row 4: With D, ch 30, hdc in each tr across, ch 30. Fasten off.
Row 5: Join A in top of first hdc, ch 4 (counts as tr), tr in next 2 hdc, * 3 tr in next hdc, tr in next 5 hdc, repeat from * across—83 hdc. Fasten off.
Row 6: With B, ch 25, hdc in each tr across, ch 25. Fasten off.
Row 7: Join C in top of first hdc, ch 4 (counts as tr), tr in next 4 hdc, *3 tr in next hdc, tr in next 5 hdc; repeat from * across—109 hdc.
Weave in ends.
If you love the Light & Lofty Colorful Crochet Cowl you might want to take a look at our fabulous collection Make a Crochet Cowl: 10 Crochet Cowl Patterns. You'll love all the designs in it!
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Love these projects? Get MORE delivered to your Inbox – FREE Click Here!
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
- 11 Crochet Baby Cocoon Patterns
- 16 Crochet Shawl Patterns: DIY Clothing You'll Love
- 8 Different Crochet Stitches: Learn To Crochet Something New With Free Crochet Patterns
- 9 Free 4th of July Crochet Patterns
- How to Crochet a Blanket for Infants & Toddlers: 11 Crochet Afghan Patterns
- How to Crochet Edges & Make Crochet Borders on Patterns
- Man Crafts: 10 Free Patterns to Crochet for Men
- Never Ending Granny Afghans: 8 Crochet Patterns with Diagrams & Video Tutorials
- Pretty Flowers to Crochet: Brightly Colored Crochet Flower Patterns
- Summer Crochet Patterns: 16 Easy Summer Crochet Patterns
Our Newest Patterns & Articles
- Premier Serenity Active Yarn
- Pastel Heaven Baby Blanket
- Shells and Stripes Crochet Blanket
- Santa's Angel Baby Booties
- Holiday Spirits Crochet Cover
- Crochet Christmas Tree Garland
- Makeshift Mistletoe Kissing Ball
- Christmas Tree Decorative Duo
- Berry Leaf Table Runner
- Santa's Helpers Aprons