Light & Lofty Colorful Cowl
We are adding the pattern to your Crochet Patterns.
The pattern was added to your Crochet Patterns.
Use Red Heart's Light & Lofty yarn to make this Colorful Cowl. A free crochet pattern like this one is something you must make yourself for the winter season. The bulky yarn will keep you nice and warm, but the design itself will keep you stylish. It works up quickly because of the bulky weight. You'll be able to stay cozy all winter long without sacrificing a bit of style when you wear this crocheted cowl.
Crochet Hook: N/15 or 10 mm hook
Yarn Weight: (5) Bulky/Chunky (12-15 stitches for 4 inches)
One Size fits all.
Circumference at lower edge: 64”
Cowl height: 8”
- Red Heart ® “Light & Lofty”: 1 skein each 9376 Wine A, 9930 Paprika Multi B, 9661 Greens C and 9531 Plum D
- Crochet Hook: 10 mm [US N-15]
- Yarn needle.
ABBREVIATIONS: A, B, C = Colors A, B, C; ch = chain; dc = double crochet; hdc = half double crochet; mm = millimeters; sc = single crochet; st(s) = stitch(es); tr = treble crochet; * or ** = repeat whatever follows the * or ** as indicated.
GAUGE: 6 sts = 4”; 2 rows= 4” in treble crochet. CHECK YOUR GAUGE. Use any size hook to obtain the gauge.
With A, ch 65.
Row 1: Tr in 3rd ch from hook, tr in each ch across—63 tr.
Row 2: With B, ch 25, hdc in each tr across, ch 25—63 hdc. Fasten off.
Row 3: Join C in top of first hdc, ch 4 (counts as tr), tr in each hdc across. Fasten off.
Row 4: With D, ch 30, hdc in each tr across, ch 30. Fasten off.
Row 5: Join A in top of first hdc, ch 4 (counts as tr), tr in next 2 hdc, * 3 tr in next hdc, tr in next 5 hdc, repeat from * across—83 hdc. Fasten off.
Row 6: With B, ch 25, hdc in each tr across, ch 25. Fasten off.
Row 7: Join C in top of first hdc, ch 4 (counts as tr), tr in next 4 hdc, *3 tr in next hdc, tr in next 5 hdc; repeat from * across—109 hdc.
Weave in ends.
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Love these projects? Get MORE delivered to your Inbox – FREE Click Here!
- 11 Free Christmas Crochet Patterns for Your Home
- 5 Free Christmas Crochet Patterns: Crochet Christmas Wreaths
- Fall Crochet: 16 Free Crochet Patterns
- Free Crochet Designs: 10 Home Decor Christmas Crochet Patterns
- Have a Red Heart Holiday: 20 Knit & Crochet Gifts and Decorating Ideas
- Lion Brand's New Fall Collection: 15 Free Crochet Scarf Patterns, Afghan Patterns, and More
- Man Crafts: 10 Free Patterns to Crochet for Men
- Secret Santa Gifts: 13 Gifts To Crochet
- Winter Fashion for Toddlers + Baby Crochet Patterns
- Winter Wonderland: 17 Winter Patterns to Crochet